Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Friday Night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Friday Night

Well lads, any predictions for Friday night!! I was over watching UCD against Dundalk last Friday night. They looked very solid throughout the team. Outside right looked very menacing. Will Willie Doyle be fit?
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dunno bout Doyle but its gonna be very hard for youze to break the back four down. We also have a lot of players that can score goals and are used to playing against better opposition than Drumcondra. Id expect it to be 3-1 with us taking an early lead then killing it off in the second half before a late scare in the last 10 mins.

Dont quote me on any of that at the match by the way unless of course it turns out to be true . Dont know much about Drumcondra, except that u didnt exactly hammer Quay Celtic and only drew with Letterkenny at home. The weather could be a major influence though and if it is as sh*t tomorow or worse then thats deffinitely a plus for Drumcondra and will make it a tight match. Hopefully it will be just a formality for the lads and our place in the final 8 is assured
    We are the U the U the UCDD!!!!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,270 Posts
    1/9 for a UCD win with Cronicle - probably fair enough. We've been very clinical with the lower teams this season (only Cobh outside of the top five have taken points from us this season - eleven wins and two draws!) Drums have started the season, I think, which would give them a help, but I'll still have to say 3-0 to us. Defence has always been our strong point, and we're very good at it this season, so if we don't concede, we've got a good chance!

Outside right (Pat Sullivan) is a class player - great form lately, easily one of the best players in the First Division.

Doyle will be pushing fit for the game - hopped over the fence handy enough to buy the official Willie Doyle keyrings last week!

Never lost in the Cup to a non-league side (even last year when that muppet Doolo took on Belgrove with a class manager called Pete Mahon!), so here's hoping that continues...!

What about your prediction, Drummerboy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Due to the fact that Drums are missing key players, I think they would be happy to get out without a hiding. Saw UCD last Friday night and they looked very solid without being spectacular. Outside right looks good enough for top league. But you never know. Hopefully we will get a bit of a crowd over

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    No doubt it will be the same story as most of the year. We'll go 1 up and sit back until we concede one and then win 2-1.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    I think our manager would settle for that. Pete, being an ex Drums man himself might tell them to go easy. Though I can't imagine it. I remember as a kid seeing him play for Drumcondra. He was a tough, perhaps a little dirty, full back. His son is quite similar, but Pete was far nastier. He played in the same team as Eoin Hand.