Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jack charlton, roy keane, euro 2012 (passage of time)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    Ok, so the target for any new manager is not only to qualify for the finals but to do so with attractive football and then when to get to the Finals to also do well at the Finals and against the world champions and No. 8 in the world otherwise he is a failure? Any thoughts on who this person may be ?
    Owls you know as well as I that Trap will not be sacked unless the World Cup qualifying starts badly. If we are to look for a new manager for us it would have to be a manager who is not afraid of rebuilding the squad like Big Mick had to all those years ago. This is all hypothetical but Hiddink or a man of that calibre wouldn't be bad.
    With a squad made up of players like Green, McShocking and Kilbad we are going places. Down the gutter.........

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    If Trap was to be replaced I'd prefer an Irishman. Stuff Hiddink, we couldn't afford him anyway. International football should be about each country'sc system against the others'. That includes manager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    I'd take Hiddink.

But I would also take McDermott and Hughton.

Let's worry about the new manager when Trap goes. For now we have one of the greatest managers ever who made a dogs dinner of his selection v Spain.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    I'd take Hiddink. But I would also take McDermott and Hughton. Let's worry about the new manager when Trap goes. For now we have one of the greatest managers ever who made a dogs dinner of his selection v Spain.
    Let's see Trap start tomorrow against Italy. He needs to start now, can't be waiting any more. He needs to change the team into one which plays proper football (on the ground from defence through midfield and one which can string 10 passes together in the opposition half).

If the lads show us tomorrow that they can do something like that, or at least try to, then keep him. If it's more hoof ball and chasing shadows for 70 minutes then the clock should start ticking on Giovanni.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Or in the meantime, how about emulating Denmark even, who's midfield so far has contained a VFB Stuttgart and an Ajax player granted - (how vital these guys are for those clubs I am not sure), but also, a Club Bruges, a Brondby, an FC Nijmegen and an FC Midtjylland one against Portugal the other night, where they played their way back from 2-0 down and although they lost 3-2, were I thought admirable throughout, a pleasure to watch, effective, clever economic use of the ball in the middle third.
    All very true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I'd rather Hughton if it were to be one of them at least he had his time as assistant under Brian Kerr. How can Trap change cos he won't and will drag the team down until the fans turn on him like they did on Stan etc. He's going nowhere until he has his fat cheque in his back pocket. I honestly think he's too old for the job now. Would prefer Tardelli at this point
    With a squad made up of players like Green, McShocking and Kilbad we are going places. Down the gutter.........

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Is that the same Hiddink that saw his Turkey stuffed 3-0 at home in the playoffs by Croatia?

8. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brine3 View Post
    Is that the same Hiddink that saw his Turkey stuffed 3-0 at home in the playoffs by Croatia?
    Very nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brine3 View Post
    No it's his brother . Turkey getting stuffed by Croatia how ironic wouldn't you say. I'm sure he'd find a better midfielder than Glenn Whelan or Green

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123