Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How depressed are you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

How depressed are you?

How down are you after this loss to Croatia?

Did you wake up today feeling convinced that Ireland had a chance to get out of the group, and now are severly depressed and questioning your own sanity, or did you think it was just nice to be in the Tournament, and are going to have a snack now and then go to bed not feeling too bad? Or something in between? Are you embarrassed or is it just a game?
    Personally, feel like i got kicked in the nuts.
    Whats the scale of your depravity right now? I am curious.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    We can do one of two things now, snipe and whinge and bicker (the Irish way!) or enjoy 2 games in a major tournament, something we havent had for ten years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    No one expects us to do anything but lose 3 games. We've still got 2 games to prove them wrong.

Disappointed yes, but not depressed.
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backtowalsall View Post
    No one expects us to do anything but lose 3 games. We've still got 2 games to prove them wrong.

Same for me. One of the favourites Holland also lost and still have to play against Germany and Portugal and they thought they were going to win the thing.
    I reckon they are feeling more depressed that us but I'll have to ask when I go to work tomorrow (I work in Holland)
    Although I do admit that they have a much better chance of turning things around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    I feel sunk...it's not the loss that bothers me at all...it's the lack of passion the lads showed. We've had a few games where Trap's system worked like the French game, or Bosnia for example. But it only works when all the lads play at their peak.
    Bar Andrews, they all seemed scared of the ball and didnt show any passion as far as im concerned.
    And now i get to go to bed with the knowledge that Trap will "fix" this by probably replacing Doyle with Paul Green!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backtowalsall View Post

too right, feck it, let's just give our all against the big boys and see what happens, no one gave us a snowballs chance in hell of getting out of this group.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Depressed Trap has another two year contract. Has done fantastic but I think we've been found out tonight (finally) and we're starting to go backwards.

8. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Can't be depressed if what happened tonight is to be expected. Same old same old with Ireland and Croatia knew this. Spain and Italy won't sleep a wink with us on their agenda. No rise in the px of Prozac that's for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard of Pace View Post
    Depressed Trap has another two year contract. Has done fantastic but I think we've been found out tonight (finally) and we're starting to go backwards.
    Is there someone else you'd think would do a better job? just curious.

11. Thanks From:

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I actually thought we fought hard and showed alot of heart. That will only get you so far though. We are the equivalent to a bottom english premier league team and were shown for it tonight. Class shines through, out played and tactically out thought, end of story.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Yes, depressed now but remember that last I felt like this was croker after loss to France and look what came a few days after.

The disappointing facts were how poor the goals were that we conceded, very unlike us. And then at 3-1 we offered absolutely nothing. Our best play was at 1-0.

What will annoy me is all the bandwagoners in work tomorrow going on how ****e we are etc. The result will have taken a lot of the buzz and goodwill the build up had brought to the team.

Once we get over tonight and tomorrow, it'll be lift ur heads, we're in a euros Ffs. Italy win and a draw for us on Thurs and well it should be in our hands on last day! I'd take that right now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koneinc View Post
    Is there someone else you'd think would do a better job? just curious.
    Haven't thought about it hugely. I just think two campaigns is enough, the two Russia games and tonight were horrendous viewing, and unless he has some fresh ideas we won't be going to Brazil. When the passion and spirit isn't really there, when the players seem nervous and are making silly mistakes...I think it's time to go.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    upset that we lost.

depressed that we failed to create a single chance from open play or resemble a professional football team.

nervous after watching spain and italy play out a tachnically brilliant game of football.

proud to watch my country in a major finals for the first time since i was 16.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard of Pace View Post
    Haven't thought about it hugely. I just think two campaigns is enough, the two Russia games and tonight were horrendous viewing, and unless he has some fresh ideas we won't be going to Brazil. When the passion and spirit isn't really there, when the players seem nervous and are making silly mistakes...I think it's time to go.
    I see where you're coming from and I agree completely re: Russia but let's be honest, we don't have the likes of O'Leary, Brady, Whelan, Keane, Finnan etc any more. We've done well to qualify, we have two games left in the group and who knows what will happen.

Come Sept/Oct we'll have a new campaign, in which i fully expect to see McClean, Coleman, Pilkington and the other young lads involved. If there is another manager out there that you think can mould these players into a strong team I would love to hear who but otherwise I'd give Trap a go.
    Last edited by koneinc; 10/06/2012 at 10:01 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    I'm dejected. We needed to hit the ground running. We didn't do that. Part of what really bothers me is that Bilic called us out before the game and he's had the last laugh so to speak (unless we can pull off something spectacular and beat them to the next round). I've been numb enough all day, even before the match started. Couldn't figure out emotionally how to respond to the occasion, and once we gave up our specialty early goal, it was all downhill (apart from the brief fight back to get the equalizer).

Honestly, it's hard to be positive after that. We gave up 3 goals in the last 14 matches, and managed to ship 3 goals today in 48 minutes. Such a day to go off the ball...

Ah well, keep the faith. Our team runs on hope, just the supply levels are quite low this day!
    Last edited by boysingreen; 10/06/2012 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Netherlands 88... We beat Italy in the first game in 94 and they got to the final... Come on lads!
    "Jacques Santini...will be greeted in every dugout of the country by "one-nil, one-nil" - Clive Tyldsley, 89th minute of France-England June 13, 2004.
    "Ooooohhhh Nooooooo" Bobby Robson 91st minute.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    If Westwood had have played today I don't believe they would have beaten us. I'm really surprised Trapatonni played Given knowing he was not 100% fit. For me it effected the entire defense with players playing one two's around our own box rather than passing the ball back to Given. We never looked comfortable at the back throughout the entire game. Thats the first change for Thursday. The second would be to play Long on his own up front against Spain and bring Gibson into a five man midfield. Spain will expect us to play with a target man like Doyle or Walters. Don't do it Trap.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard of Pace
    Found out me eye. This is the same team that played a 0-0 stalemate last August. They got every break going tonight, especially just before half time, also the third goal, and got a gift of a stonewall pen not given.

We didn't lose for 14 months. We lost a game, so be it. Even Holland lost this weekend.

We lost at home to Russia and still qualified. It's not over yet. It's more difficult of course, but we could get a result on Thursday when nobody expects us to, and then the group will go down to the wire.
    Last edited by mypost; 11/06/2012 at 10:45 PM.
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    Found out me whole. This is the same team that played a 0-0 stalemate last August. They got every break going tonight, especially just before half time, also the third goal, and got a gift of a stonewall pen not given.

We didn't lose for 14 months. We lost a game, so be it. Even Holland lost this weekend.

We lost at home to Russia and still qualified. It's not over yet. It's more difficult of course, but we could get a result on Thursday when nobody expects us to, and then the group will go down to the wire.
    We were found out because they played to our weakness (giving away the ball) and neutered out strength (counter attack). We really did not deserve a thing from that game... :/

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    I actually thought we fought hard and showed alot of heart.
    I agree, I think the lads gave it everything. The problem is that the Croatians were really up for this as well. Yes, Croatia were technically superior, but their work-rate was incredible. They won lots of 50/50 tackles, they pressed high, they chased us down at every opportunity. Barring a miracle, we would never have won that game.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast