Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How depressed are you?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    I was more down after the Croatia game as expectations had risen so high, after that performance there was always a nagging fear that last night could be horrible, and even though the optimism had returned before kick off the depression is not so deep. Spain are the best in the world and we are a limited team playing a rigid system that has been easily exposed by them, it's sad, but not unexpected.
    As Kingdom has illustrated, there are more important things than football, and I'd like to add my condolonces also.
    This post summed up/sums up my feelings also.

Kingdom sincere condolescences.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Sincerest condolences Kingdom.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    I'm not depressed at all. The experience has been a reality check though. We got carried away before the competition but that what fans do. I supported Ireland well before 1988 and never thought I'd see the day that we would take our place among the elite of world football. I've now seen 5 major tournaments. This one has been the most disappointing but then again we went with a squad of honest but limited footballers and they have been exposed. I think Trapps tactics helped get us there this time, but they also were the cause of our demise in the finals. Jacks tactics would propably have been more beneficial to us this time around, hard on the eye as they were. However I hope there is not an avalanche of retirements. I think the future is still bright. We could feasibly qualify for the World Cup. Players like McClean, McCarthy, Wilson, Clarke and Coleman ensures we have some decent players coming online. Hopefully they will be used and the next time we qualify we can give a better account of ourselves. Anyway chins up lads, its not as bad as some people think.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345