Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic of Ireland V Croatia - Sunday, 10th June 2012 - Euro 2012 Group C

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavan_fan View Post
    Possibly as part of a 5 man midfield
    Ah now lads let's not go overboard! ;-)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    we had absolutley nothing about us tonight. duffer was are only attacker that looked capable of any sort of composed play. fair play to sledge and andrews as well. i was hoping we could be hard to beat and make an impact at this tourno, but after watchin the italy spain game earlier we will be really up against it. croatia were ok but nothing special. we were just nothing.

teamwise i would of had walters in for doyle. bizarre decision to play cox who is a good striker out on the left. our wingers are normally the only real sparks of creativity in the team so sacrificing one for an out of position striker was ridiculous. mcgeady should of been brought off but why not hunt of mclean. i hope we can come back from this

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Gutted, v disappointing. Hitting Poland on wed and right now struggling to get myself up for it, though I know I will.

No excuses, beaten by better team. We were awful in second half. All 3 goals were very poor and somewhat unfortunate. Very unlike us to concede so early and so many.

Such a shame, as at 1-1 I thought we were playing well and had the momentum

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Dissapointed. Outplayed, poor in most respects. First goal was defended poorly, second goal wasn't offside (on reflection), third goal was a killer. Given is clearly not fit, forwards aren't getting the service, McGeady and Ward had little impact, poor tactical choice regards Cox, long ball didn't work, unable to get Plan B working once they went behind the second time. No excuses.

It's hard to be optimistic right now, going up against the World Champions in a few days. Feel for the team, they just seem out of their depth. Not sure what they can do.

I'm not Trap's biggest fan and It'd be easy to slate him right now, but this is the way they played to get here, so it was the way I expected them to play. It just didn't work tonight.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    How the hell do we cope with Spain? They are 2 levels above Croatia. 4-4-2 will be suicide.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Turtle up. I can only assume that was the plan before tonight and it shouldn't change. Going out against Spain looking for anything other than a draw would be courting annhilation.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeag View Post
    We are brutal. Just making up the numbers. What are Spain and Italy going to do to us?
    Nothing, Croatia are the best team in the group, Italy and Spaain are mediocre at best, we can beat them both an we will.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    I never thought I would see Shay score with a diving header.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    Nothing, Croatia are the best team in the group, Italy and Spaain are mediocre at best, we can beat them both an we will.
    I am sorry but this is utter nonsense. This croatian side lost to georgia in qualifying and were completly outclassed by Greece. Lets not talk them up to be better than they are

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irwin3 View Post
    Darron Gibson time?
    Should have been starting tonight. Arguably our most in form player, and has a range of passing unlike the utter nothingness of Glen Whelan. During the Bosnia game Gibson was always dropping back and giving the defenders an option when they were on the ball. Whealan turns his back when our defenders are on the ball, and often passes it straight back to them when he does get it. I hate to pick on the guy but he is out of his depth and simply gave us nothing tonight

11. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    are you taking the **** tricky? spain and italy were both excellant today. croatia were better than us but nothing special

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Was so weird watching that with the family. We were all looking for straws to clutch to but there were none. We were outplayed, outsmarted and outscored. Fair play to Croatia. It could be a rough ride from now on but at least were are there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    Was so weird watching that with the family. We were all looking for straws to clutch to but there were none. We were outplayed, outsmarted and outscored. Fair play to Croatia. It could be a rough ride from now on but at least were are there.
    And out cheated, cheated out of a peno by the ref
    and cheated into conceding a goal when Ward was fouled.

We are not out of this yet unless Spain and Italy fluke a couple of goals each as well.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    I'll be amazed if Croatia pick up another point in this group. Spain or Germany would have completely over run us today with 5 or 6. Croatia fully deserved to win but we were awful.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    And out cheated, cheated out of a peno by the ref
    and cheated into conceding a goal when Ward was fouled.

We are not out of this yet unless Spain and Italy fluke a couple of goals each as well.
    Sorry but I just don't agree. They kept the ball and made use of it whereas we gave it away so much and barely created any chances. I hope I'm wrong though! I'd love to see us pull something off.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    We have 6 points to play for and have 4 days to work out some plan to get at least a point against Spain. They are likely to improve after todays performance against Italy (frightening in itself). But they did give up numerous chances today and might do so against us if we play our top game. The best period of the game for us today was when we pegged them back in their own half midway through the first half. We played some nice football and it was working. Then we got deeper and deeper and you could feel a second goal for them was inevitable. We have to allow McGeady (if he starts) and Duff a little more freedom to get forward and take some risks. Trap won't agree so it will be up to the players themselves. Otherwise it is Adios Thursday evening.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carloz View Post
    Should have been starting tonight. Arguably our most in form player, and has a range of passing unlike the utter nothingness of Glen Whelan. During the Bosnia game Gibson was always dropping back and giving the defenders an option when they were on the ball. Whealan turns his back when our defenders are on the ball, and often passes it straight back to them when he does get it. I hate to pick on the guy but he is out of his depth and simply gave us nothing tonight
    Maybe I'm not insane after all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carloz View Post
    I am sorry but this is utter nonsense. This croatian side lost to georgia in qualifying and were completly outclassed by Greece. Lets not talk them up to be better than they are
    Well we shall see, I don't think Spain are the team people think they are, Italy ranked 12th showed that.
    We were cheated out of a result despite a below par performance.
    I wouldn't like to be the next team to play Ireland.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    fair play to you tricky, keep believing. i hope your right. i hope we get a paris type perormance on thurs

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    If you consider Croatia have an aging, slower back line... felt Shane Long was the man to have up front. Also was baffled when McGeady came off that we didn't bring on McClean. We didn't run at their back 4 all night. Build-up was far too slow. Everytime McGeady got the ball there were 2-3 players on him, hadn't a hope of doing anything.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast