Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic of Ireland V Croatia - Sunday, 10th June 2012 - Euro 2012 Group C

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Walters has held the ball up much better than Doyle since he has come on. Trap won't be happy with this performance at all
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    ZERO imagination, and zero creativity....and thats just Trap.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    We were beaten by a much better team. We are the worst team in the tournament by a mile.Terrible terrible display. Let these guys play football and we may have some chance. This hoofing the ball and hoping for something is well found out. Embarrassing stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    No Biggie, we just have to beat Spain and Italy now. In the span of 5 days. With no offense. And a keeper who looks 70 years old.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    That was depressing on so many levels.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    A small thing I know but if you give 5 minutes injury tim and the winning team make a substitution (taking a minute), it really p*sses me off whn the game ends after 5 mins, how tough is it to add another minute.

Anyway an odd game, we played awfully and yet there were 3 pieces of poor luck
    - The clearest penalty Ive ever seen us not get
    - For their goal he was offside from the original ball all the time until he scored.
    - If we scored a goal like their third everyone on here would be saying it was undeserved luck

A normal performance from us and I think we'd have won. I suspect Trap knows that.

My prediction for the Spain game is Green for Doyle!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    He was in a marginally offside position in the first phase, but he wasn't interfering with play. In the second phase he was a mile offside, but the ball was played by Ward so it isn't an offside. There arguably may have been a foul on Ward, but it certainly wasn't an offside.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backtowalsall View Post
    He was in a marginally offside position in the first phase, but he wasn't interfering with play. In the second phase he was a mile offside, but the ball was played by Ward so it isn't an offside. There arguably may have been a foul on Ward, but it certainly wasn't an offside.
    But he never got back onside, he was active when the ball was played in originally

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    If we go 4-4-2 vs Spain it could be 6-0.

The defence was awful tonight. I mean that third goal was just basic defending. O'Shea should close his man down & St Ledger should be mm from his man not metres in the box. Don't get me started on the other 2.

Why did we bring Cox on?

Why keep Robbie on so long?

Is Given fit?

It was a big ask but we were at fault for all 3 goals.

Duff did well & was our stand out player.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    If we go 4-4-2 vs Spain it could be 6-0.

The defence was awful tonight. I mean that third goal was just basic defending. O'Shea should close his man down & St Ledger should be mm from his man not metres in the box. Don't get me started on the other 2.

Why did we bring Cox on?

Why keep Robbie on so long?

Is Given fit?

It was a big ask but we were at fault for all 3 goals.

Duff did well & was our stand out player.
    I actually thought McGeady played ok too certainly in the first 30 mins, we didnt have much of the ball but he set up the goal and I think would have added in the second half.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavan_fan View Post
    But he never got back onside, he was active when the ball was played in originally
    He was no where near the ball when it came in first time round. If you think he was active that's a matter of opinion, but I can't agree with you. If the ball isn't both played to, and got somewhere near you, there is little chance of you being declared active these days.

Under the current interpretation of rules the fact that he never got back onside is neither here nor there these days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    10 years of waiting for that shower of ****...nice. The ref was awful and we were worse. Wheel and come again I guess.
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    In fairness to Andrews he had a good game and was about the only player showing the "spirit" that pundits say is our weapon. That was singlehandedly the worst performance i have ever seen Given play in an Irish shirt...the first goal was a joke and being frank he should have done a lot better with the third.

The last time we reduced ourselves to a performance like this was home to Russia and it was almost an identical game. Doyle shouldnt be capped for the rest of the tournament, he's not being playing well for a while and all 3 sub strikers were far superior to him.

I actually agree with the Cox substitution...the winger game simply wasnt working.

O'Shea was horrific, Whelan was as bad. Robbie was a disgrace...sighh....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelmusic View Post
    In fairness to Andrews he had a good game and was about the only player showing the "spirit" that pundits say is our weapon. That was singlehandedly the worst performance i have ever seen Given play in an Irish shirt...the first goal was a joke and being frank he should have done a lot better with the third.
    Shay is injured i think. Saw this on bbc website

Things could get worse for the Republic yet. Towards the end of the game, Shay Given was not taking goal kicks and there are suggestions he may have picked up an injury. It doesn't just rain in Poznan for the Irish...

Normal Shay would only have conceded one of those goals so if hes not fit Westwood should start (and should have started today).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Yup i agree...we had all week being convinced that he was fine when the second i saw him i started worrying. A fit Shay Given would have never let that first goal in. Anyway, ****** to this its, 5am here so i'm off to bed. Seriously debating staying up for the Spanish game now!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts

The last time we reduced ourselves to a performance like this was home to Russia and it was almost an identical game. Doyle shouldnt be capped for the rest of the tournament, he's not being playing well for a while and all 3 sub strikers were far superior to him.

I actually agree with the Cox substitution...the winger game simply wasnt working.

O'Shea was horrific, Whelan was as bad. Robbie was a disgrace...sighh....
    I thought Andrews was decent myself. I'd swap Doyle for Walters for the Spain game myself. I'd also bring in Kelly for Ward and swap O'Shea to LB

I agreed with the Cox sub. I thought he was trying to occupy the 2 centre backs with the strikers, and create an opportunity for Cox to cut inside the fullback and get 3 against 2. Didn't work but there you go

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Yup i agree...we had all week being convinced that he was fine when the second i saw him i started worrying. A fit Shay Given would have never let that first goal in. Anyway, ****** to this its, 5am here so i'm off to bed. Seriously debating staying up for the Spanish game now!
    I know what you mean re the Spain game, but come on think back to the Stan years and would you then have thought of not watching a major tournament match

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavan_fan View Post
    I know what you mean re the Spain game, but come on think back to the Stan years and would you then have thought of not watching a major tournament match
    Era spoken in the heat of the moment. I know i'll be up annoying my chinese neighbours shouting curses at my dodgy stream I think the sinking in reality that the only real possible positive outcome of the spanish game is a draw, and with the Croats with 3 points, even beating Italy will unlikely get us through

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Darron Gibson time?

20. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts