Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid-season friendlies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    As regards City bringing their full squad I remember Everton were saying the same when they were playing someone else the day before they played us a few season ago. In the end it was their Under 19s and about 15 minutes of Seamie Coleman. Hard to see City sending their full squad to both Germany and Limerick.
    Rovers were selling it as that, Everton never officially announced it as first team.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Its in the contract that they will bring at least 7 top players i believe.
    A "full squad" and "7 top players" is completely different. Last year, City brought a full squad to the Dublin Super Cup. Look at the team they put out against the LOI Select and the team they put out the next day against Inter Milan (two vastly different teams and the team against the LOI Select had only two or three names that many would have know - Adam Johnston and Shaun Wright-Phillips being those). I'd fully expect the same in Germany and Limerick this year. "7 top players" could see Adam Johnston, Kolo Toure, Edin Dzeko, Stefan Savic, Costel Pantilimon, Abdul Razak and John Guidetti feature - all top players, but fringe players at the end of the day.

I'd expect the team in Germany to be the one that will feature against Chelsea in the Charity Shield. The one in Limerick will be made up of fringe first team players and players from City's Elite Development Squad.

Look at City's website. There is no mention of the game. It's not listed with their other first team friendly games. There was no quotes from City in today's press releases. City are also playing friendlies in England against the likes of Oldham and Stockport and are City XI teams. These aren't listed on the website either which leads me to believe that the squad coming to Limerick will be far from a 'full-squad'.
    Up the Harps!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,359 Posts
    Just had visions of 2007 (if I remember right) when Harps played Celtic in Finn Park. They promised a full team, but instead brought over a team of fringe players like Thomas Gravesen, Evander Sno, Bobo Balde, Stephen Pressley, Stephen Caldwell amongst others. All good players, but were all fringe players at the time.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harps1954 View Post
    A "full squad" and "7 top players" is completely different. Last year, City brought a full squad to the Dublin Super Cup. Look at the team they put out against the LOI Select and the team they put out the next day against Inter Milan (two vastly different teams and the team against the LOI Select had only two or three names that many would have know - Adam Johnston and Shaun Wright-Phillips being those). I'd fully expect the same in Germany and Limerick this year. "7 top players" could see Adam Johnston, Kolo Toure, Edin Dzeko, Stefan Savic, Costel Pantilimon, Abdul Razak and John Guidetti feature - all top players, but fringe players at the end of the day.

I'd expect the team in Germany to be the one that will feature against Chelsea in the Charity Shield. The one in Limerick will be made up of fringe first team players and players from City's Elite Development Squad.

Look at City's website. There is no mention of the game. It's not listed with their other first team friendly games. There was no quotes from City in today's press releases. City are also playing friendlies in England against the likes of Oldham and Stockport and are City XI teams. These aren't listed on the website either which leads me to believe that the squad coming to Limerick will be far from a 'full-squad'.
    They also said a full squad will travel. They didn't say they would all play. The promoter has said it will feature some of Man City's top stars.

Have heard Harte, Silva, Clichy, Lescott and one or two more I can't think of to play. Then they have said Tevez, Auguero, Ballotelli etc… could feature. I don't think they could ever come out and guarantee 100% certain players. What if they are injured or move to a different club. Then they have also said a new signing to feature. Could be Robin Van Persie if they sign him but as easily could be some young lad none of us have heard of. I can't see ESPN or whatever global network it is signing contracts to televise a game if it means its a LOI team vs a basically reserve Man City team.

Already there is interest around this game and people seem to be snapping up tickets from the talk around.

Pat O Sullivan has said no money from this will be directly pumped into the club but will go into the community projects that they have set up. He has even stated anybody is free to do a full audit on the club after the game to see where the funds are gone if people don't trust what he said.

Going by the Man City fans forum they think it could be a split of the squad. One is even disappointed cause they already booked Wolfsburg and would rather have come over here. I'd say there could be a decent support over if they can get it done cheap. Handy trip over the water.
    Last edited by Jofspring; 13/07/2012 at 4:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harps1954 View Post

Look at their website on monday. There will be a full squad flying in from wolfsburg on the day of the limerick game. This is a supurb achievement for the ambitious first division leaders whos gifted young players will strut their stuff against the English Premier champions. Remember when the were in Ireland last year they were not champions and have promised to bring their prem trophy. I dont belive a club would allow their under 15s run around with that do you? Tickets are flying and im optimistic that anyone who wants to see a world cup winner like silva, a fantastic player like Ballatelli or a champions league winner like Toure (the good one) would shun this chance. BTW such is the "community" spirit of the club any kids who buy their ten euro tickets arent confined to the terrace if their accompanied by an adult. They can go into the stand and take their seats. Will you be comming to this one Harps1954? All are welcome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Sorry can't go, have to save my money for the Millwall game

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    ill try and be at that myself supporting a fellow clubs ambition

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    There is a lot of hype about it already.RTE had a piece about it already on Six One including asking kids about what score it would be. Hilarious and cringeworthy at the same time.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Fair play to Limerick. Sounds like the money will be put to good use. I won't go as I'm far too lazy to travel down but good luck with it anyway.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    LIMERICK chairman pat o sullivan was asked today how many players will be coming in as Guest players from the likes of sligo, shams, cork etc etc
    his answer was NONE limerick fc will take on city said i dont believe in bringing in outside players for one day we have 8 players playing with ireland under age and rather give them the experiance. great stuff

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas72 View Post
    city players not bad either
    I thought they just went by Limerick FC these days

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuyahoga View Post
    There is a lot of hype about it already.RTE had a piece about it already on Six One including asking kids about what score it would be. Hilarious and cringeworthy at the same time.
    its big news here in the mid west, agree it was a lot of cheese that RTE report. Sadest of all was when Cathy Halloran went to Na Piersigh GAA club and asked a few kids about the game aaaaaahhhhhhhh. And one of the kids was her son

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I just hope to god there are plenty of first teamers involved. Already people are either A. Whinging about the prices (Which I think are reasonably and reward the regulars) and B. saying its bull**** to be advertising it as a game vs Man City when it should be a Man City XI cause it will be all reserves. Would be nice to shut up the begrudgers in this town.

Going by ticketmaster, one section of the terrace is sold out, two sections of the stand is sold out and only abut 10 seats left in the middle section. Looking good so far anyway.
    Last edited by Jofspring; 13/07/2012 at 11:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    I also hope City stick to the words Limerick are saying about them bringing a full squad over. The last thing you need is after the game everyone giving out cause they didn't bring Tevez or Mad Mario.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Meanwhile in Ballymena.....

http://www.ballymenaunitedfc.com/new...12_07_13_1.htm

[FONT=Tahoma][FONT=tahoma]The Open Day(28/7/12)ystarts at noon with the showpiece event at 3pm as Ballymena United take on League of Ireland side Dundalk. Admission is Free to the both the Open Day and match before 2pm. After 2pm admission is £5.00 for Adults and £3.00 Concessions. 2012/2013 Season tickets are valid. [/FONT][/FONT]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    It better not just be a Dundalk XI

19. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    I also hope City stick to the words Limerick are saying about them bringing a full squad over. The last thing you need is after the game everyone giving out cause they didn't bring Tevez or Mad Mario.
    I doubt they'll bring Mario or Silva since their seasons just finished less than 2 weeks ago.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    And Tevez will probably be gone to AC Milan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,359 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I doubt they'll bring Mario or Silva since their seasons just finished less than 2 weeks ago.
    So they don't need to do a pre-season? And an easy friendly match a week before the season starts again? ;P
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    as long as both clubs milionaire sheiks get on and we strike many future deals ive no probs with this game.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast