Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George & Kearney

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

George & Kearney

25 min in, the two if them f****d up just inside City's half and lost possession.
    A few seconds later, Shels have the ball at halfway on left, Kearney changes direction and charges full force into George. Didn't look accidental to me.
    Further words were exchanged between them..

Less obvious later, but after the goal there was a lot of finger pointing between Danny, Colin and others - we haven't seen much of that with this team before.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SSS
    25 min in, the two if them f****d up just inside City's half and lost possession.
    A few seconds later, Shels have the ball at halfway on left, Kearney changes direction and charges full force into George. Didn't look accidental to me.
    Further words were exchanged between them..

Less obvious later, but after the goal there was a lot of finger pointing between Danny, Colin and others - we haven't seen much of that with this team before.
    I didnt see any of this!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamcarr
    I didnt see any of this!
    I watched it on video when I got home.
    About 25 min in at the top of the screen.
    And I'm not the only one who thinks it wasn't accidental.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ol doll spotted this at the time and i didnt believe her but have looked at it on video and tis true

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yep, Kearney was looking straight ahead when he ran into O'Callaghan. After the game, parents of one of the squad said that morale was low in the team at the mo.
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    kearney sprinted into him, also devine and murphy didnt seem to be gettin on
    well either(disagreeing about wheater balls should be played long or short)
    Plastic Paddy, Davros, A Face,
    excuse my first 25 posts, thats not what I'm really
    like.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tippman
    kearney sprinted into him, also devine and murphy didnt seem to be gettin on
    well either(disagreeing about wheater balls should be played long or short)
    i av never seen this in a city side before, things must be really bad. maybe the europe dream is still on their minds
    http://theshedcork.proboards27.com/index.cgi

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Didn't see the game on TV, but I think this thread is bullsh*t.

Danny, Murray, Georgie were out at the u-21 game last Sunday, having a laugh and chat amongst themselves.
    Hardly think that shows trouble in the camp......

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    Maybe you should have a look at the tape before passing judgement....
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Er, once again Patsh is right, this is a bull thread. The only aspect of it worth exploring is the old thorny question as to why our great hero Murphy is reluctant to pass to Kearney and prefers to hit a (missed) killer pass to Doyle's head every time. Has the wee man got a thing against tiny people? Kearney clearly has a preference for taking a pass to his feet, and this is usually signalled by his pullling away to the touchline, opening both arms as a gesture. Naw, our cockney rebel aims for the centre forwards head every time. Its grim to watch, but must be invisible to the City bench. Unless of course its authorised - how grim a thought is that?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Whilst the incident happened and can be clearly seen on the tv replays, I wouldn't make too big a deal of it. These sort of things happen all the time in the heat of a game. Don't think there is a ongoing morale problem within the club. If, and I know its a huge if, we'd won last night this thread wouldn't exist. Get over it and move on.

As for Dan Murray's performances he was great in the European games but generally this season has been well below his best. Hoofing the ball all over the place. Just the kind of thing lots of people were slaughtering Deccie for !
    "Its the bad players who are the luxury not the skillfull ones"
    Danny Blanchflower

GavinZac
    Quote Originally Posted by Schunter Netz
    Er, once again Patsh is right, this is a bull thread. The only aspect of it worth exploring is the old thorny question as to why our great hero Murphy is reluctant to pass to Kearney and prefers to hit a (missed) killer pass to Doyle's head every time. Has the wee man got a thing against tiny people? Kearney clearly has a preference for taking a pass to his feet, and this is usually signalled by his pullling away to the touchline, opening both arms as a gesture. Naw, our cockney rebel aims for the centre forwards head every time. Its grim to watch, but must be invisible to the City bench. Unless of course its authorised - how grim a thought is that?
    well thats exactly the way pat dolan used to play for arsenal

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh

Danny, Murray, Georgie were out at the u-21 game last Sunday, having a laugh and chat amongst themselves.
    Hardly think that shows trouble in the camp......
    Welcome patsh, another person who disses a thread because he disagrees with it instead of putting up a worthwhile counter agrument.

The three lads you mentioned by way of evidence of a happy camp were not implied to have had issues with eachother anywhere in this thread. George v Kearney, Dan v Devine, Danny v Devine, Colin T v Danny (for the goal) are the pointers (plus the comment from a parent)...

And Yiddo, maybe we would have won if the team were playing for eachother instead of giving eachother grief. The incident did happen and I can't recall seeing two City players intentionally hop off eachother midway through the first half before.
    And Schunter Netz, why is it bull? This thread started out pointing out one very uncharacteristic confrontation between two City players on the field of play - I does not augure well if our players are able to assault eachother better than they tackle the opposition

And by the way, George wasn't doing so bad before that incident either.

thecorner
    some people are suckers for punishment

going home to watch that game again

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SSS
    Welcome patsh, another person who disses a thread because he disagrees with it instead of putting up a worthwhile counter agrument.
    1. I again say this thread is complete bullsh*t.
    2. I can "diss" what ever I want, it's called an opinion.
    3. Your so-called "argument" consists of ONE incident in a game that is going very badly for us. From this you extrapolate that there is a problem, and others enlarge that into a "morale problem".
    4. "worthwhile counter agrument" can be "put up" when a sensible, worthwhile and realistic point is made in the first place.

eastcork
    I saw it happen on the field....George always gives Kearney abuse. He is easy pickings for geroge who is always abusing the younger players...two of them were playing poor so i think liam just lost it. He could have done worst imo. So we are lucky he was not sent off for clocking his own player. Imagine what would have happened then!!

I think it was a wake up call for George. He needs to encourage the younger players instead of abusing them. Maybe his own game will improve then..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy

i know a few of the players and personally think they are getting "too big for their boots" and need a kick up the ass, maybe this game was the kick in the ass they needed ? you can see from the performances the guys who let all the european success go to their heads.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I saw the george and kearney incident at the game..happened right in front of me...george got thick with kearney for losing the ball and getting in his way ..kearney ran at and in to him and they had words...nothing major though...see it alot at matches..also murphy and devine arguing was healthy as it keeps both on their toes....it isn't a morale thing deffo
    Bring back the plank

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I saw the incident as well happened right in front of the Derrynane side....

Looked fairly aggressive IMO the boys definitely weren't on speaking terms after the game....

Overall on Saturday I think we lacked passion and fight to win badly enough. There was a lot of infighting which didn't help at all. I think this game has shown how professional $h€l$ really are... Get the goal and stick to the physical side of the game excellent execution of a game plan. We on the other hand didn't have our best striking partnership on the pitch and I think we lacked the will to win...

Don't know about morale in the side, I think they needed to come down off the pedistal a bit and hopefully this lose will stand to them and they will be back to playing as a TEAM like they did in Europe....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    did george react?i didnt see the tape or notice the incident on the day
    j'accuse!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast