Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: George & Kearney

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    George and kearney got in each others way and lost the ball...george had words with kearney about it( in fairness both of them were equally at fault for losing the ball) Kearney then ran at george as he was turning away and ran straight into him....they both then had words again..meanwhile danny murphy proceeded to mouth of to devine.....obviously kearney and george hjad a barney and a bit of a problem with each other but I don't think its a morale thing just kearney not gonna take georges guff and vice versa... it was weird though...in fairness it waa the only thing both of them connected with all day
    Bring back the plank

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias
    in fairness it waa the only thing both of them connected with all day
    Gawd, that is a bit harsh!!!!
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    1. I again say this thread is complete bullsh*t.
    2. I can "diss" what ever I want, it's called an opinion.
    3. Your so-called "argument" consists of ONE incident in a game that is going very badly for us. From this you extrapolate that there is a problem, and others enlarge that into a "morale problem".
    4. "worthwhile counter agrument" can be "put up" when a sensible, worthwhile and realistic point is made in the first place.
    1. Heard ya the first time and should have ignored it, but there you go..
    2. OK, you are. But dissing a fact-based post is a bit hard to understand.
    3. No extrapolation in my point at all, I highlighted a specific incident (with video evidence to back it up - it's fact, not an opinion) and referred to some other general mouthing off on the day. There was no opinion involved, just imparting information to people who were not there and who might be interested. Suggesting that this is bullsh*t is like saying a descriptions of the Shels goal or Benno's shot-off-the-line are bullsh*t.
    4 - your understanding of what is "sensible, worthwhile and realistic" does not extend to the imparting of facts then..

GavinZac
    even if kearny did intentionally run into george in spite, and some of the players were shouting at each other... you do realise this is a pretty intense game? you've never heard dan murray mouthing off at the players around him? he was made the captain for a reason.

maybe some of the players got wound up in an important game. but is it a club wide crisis of moral? no

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    these things happen. it would be worse if none of them gave a damn. I remember seeing gareth cronin and dave hill bawling each other out and hilly went for gaz after it a few years back, and it lasted a few hours and they were mates again. it happens.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's just a pity that the most physical effort made by City was between two of their own.

As for the possibility that it exposes a deeper problem - on it's own of course it doesn't, although the comment about a statement made by a player's relative would be a slight concern.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This is complete mountains out of molehills.

Anyone who has played any type of sport ( except, maybe "Dressage" - Olympics getting to my head ) has had barneys during games with team mates. Its part of motivating one another - look at Keanno, Ince, Cantonna, Wise, the entire Wimbledon team of the 80's etc. They tore strips off one another or their teammates but it was done to keep people sharp.

Even at junior level we have all walked off pitches or courts fuming with teammates at some stage ( and them with us ) but you know what in most cases it was all OK soon after the first pint!!!!!!!
    Irish by birth,
    Cork by the grace of God.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Counting Crow
    This is complete mountains out of molehills.

Anyone who has played any type of sport ( except, maybe "Dressage" - Olympics getting to my head ) has had barneys during games with team mates. Its part of motivating one another - look at Keanno, Ince, Cantonna, Wise, the entire Wimbledon team of the 80's etc. They tore strips off one another or their teammates but it was done to keep people sharp.

Even at junior level we have all walked off pitches or courts fuming with teammates at some stage ( and them with us ) but you know what in most cases it was all OK soon after the first pint!!!!!!!
    spot on!!happens on the training ground every week where ever you go too.
    Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SSS
    1. Heard ya the first time and should have ignored it, but there you go..
    2. OK, you are. But dissing a fact-based post is a bit hard to understand.
    3. No extrapolation in my point at all, I highlighted a specific incident (with video evidence to back it up - it's fact, not an opinion) and referred to some other general mouthing off on the day. There was no opinion involved, just imparting information to people who were not there and who might be interested. Suggesting that this is bullsh*t is like saying a descriptions of the Shels goal or Benno's shot-off-the-line are bullsh*t.
    4 - your understanding of what is "sensible, worthwhile and realistic" does not extend to the imparting of facts then..
    Even more bullsh*t.....
    You commented on a minor incident and implied there was a deeper meaning to it.
    Thats the kind of bullsh*t that tabloids carry on with.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    Even more bullsh*t.....
    You commented on a minor incident and implied there was a deeper meaning to it.
    Thats the kind of bullsh*t that tabloids carry on with.
    Lads, give it a rest, will ye?
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fair_play_boy
    Lads, give it a rest, will ye?
    Don't read if you don't want to.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Haven't seen any of these incidents on tape yet but IMO you can't say trouble in the squad cos of 1 match. You coudl however suggest that team fell apart on the field arguing & such but doesn;t mean they bring in to next game or training with them.

No good to see but hopefully just poor reaction by a losing team.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Haven't seen any of these incidents on tape yet but IMO you can't say trouble in the squad cos of 1 match. You coudl however suggest that team fell apart on the field arguing & such but doesn;t mean they bring in to next game or training with them.

No good to see but hopefully just poor reaction by a losing team.
    I'd agree with your point regarding it affecting the performance on the day - you need everything going right to beat Shels and this can't have helped.
    I too hope it blows over, but this stuff happened before City went behind and were in fact doing OK.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Eanna mentioning Gareth Cronin above reminded me of a barney between Gaz and Biscuits a few years ago. They were pushing and shoving each other and Philip Long was the peacemaker. They were at it verbally for the rest of the game with Longie keeping them apart and telling each of them not to take any notice of the other .
    "Its the bad players who are the luxury not the skillfull ones"
    Danny Blanchflower

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This topic has been blown out of all proportion. I know Georgie well enough and him and Kearney are very good friend and WERE on speaking terms after the match.
    George does not abuse the younger players, but if they **** up he lets them know! Whats wrong with that?
    Morale is definately not low, they are all dissapointed with the result against shels but looking to take 3 points against Dublin City tomorrow night. Dolan does not take kindly to bad feeling of any sorts so if there was bad feeling I can guarntee it was sorted out quickly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12