Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Rumour Mill

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the hawk View Post
    you obviously didnt watch the michael ward this year.His own team mates were shouting at Patsy to take him off as he was too LAZY to track back even when they were down to 10 men
    Didnt watch it. But i'll take the management teams word anyway about it.. Why would you take off a fella who keeps the ball anyway when your down ten??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by six-yard-box View Post
    Didnt watch it. But i'll take the management teams word anyway about it.. Why would you take off a fella who keeps the ball anyway when your down ten??
    if he had of scored 10 OG'S patsy would of still given him man of the match .Because they couldnt get the ball off leinster as they were down to 10 after 12 mins and in the last 20 mins when you need that bit of graft ,He ain't the player you want

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the hawk View Post
    if he had of scored 10 OG'S patsy would of still given him man of the match .Because they couldnt get the ball off leinster as they were down to 10 after 12 mins and in the last 20 mins when you need that bit of graft ,He ain't the player you want
    I find that hard to believe anyway as ive been in dressing rooms where patsys laid into fellas and we 3-0 up. Well I'd rather have fellas on my team that can keep the ball and give a bit of respite when we'd be down to 10 and 1 up. Pointless hoofing the ball back and inviting um on. Can't concede if your team has the ball.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Who came off in that final so when they went down to 10 men hawk??....sher if cambridge isn the player you want why leave him on the pitch??...just take him off soon as you go down to 10 men so dont you think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    I'm not comparing Cambridge to Ronaldo but do ye think Jose would take him off if Casillas got sent off? No, simple reason being he can do things other players can't. You always keep your best players on the pitch!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Looks like Wilton, Leeside and Kinsale are all going MSL/MJL next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Leeside AFC are now accepting applications for the position of first team Manager for next season.
    Those interested in applying, please contact club secretary Barry Cotter at:
    087-3518396 OR email him @ b-cotter-bc@hotmail.com
    CLOSING DATE FRIDAY 8th JUNE

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Cambridge staying with rockmount...Eoin geaney,Alan weldon,Kenneth Coleman to sign...the quest to reclaim the title has begun in whitechu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    Cambridge staying with rockmount...Eoin geaney,Alan weldon,Kenneth Coleman to sign...the quest to reclaim the title has begun in whitechu
    Weldon is a fine player. Not too sure on the other two, there must be a reason why Coleman was shoved in at centre half late in the season?? Is he past it??? Or is he better back there than centre mid??? Haven't seen much of geaney but what I saw of him, seems to be a bit of an adventurous centre half. Suited to midfield???

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AvondaleNutter View Post
    Weldon is a fine player. Not too sure on the other two, there must be a reason why Coleman was shoved in at centre half late in the season?? Is he past it??? Or is he better back there than centre mid??? Haven't seen much of geaney but what I saw of him, seems to be a bit of an adventurous centre half. Suited to midfield???
    Needs must and dreadful knack for conceding shocking goals forced Coleman to centre back.was his position as a younger player,was best around at it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Anthony Wolfe and mick Deasy after taking over management at Midleton apparently. Good young combination. Good luck to them.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

magpie
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Anthony Wolfe and mick Deasy after taking over management at Midleton apparently. Good young combination. Good luck to them.
    Very positive appointment, i think they have alot of experience between them and could draw a few top class players adding to a potentially very strong squad.
    already looking forward to the season ahead.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    Very positive appointment, i think they have alot of experience between them and could draw a few top class players adding to a potentially very strong squad.
    already looking forward to the season ahead.
    Willie Byrne be heading that way?...hope it's enough to keep chubbs and knowlesy

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    John Spillane heading to St Marys from Pearse Celtic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Anthony Wolfe and mick Deasy after taking over management at Midleton apparently. Good young combination. Good luck to them.[/QUOTE]

Hows that going to work out Magpie , is there a bigger backroom team to run the line ? i would imagine Wolfie would be looking to play ,maybe even deasy , cant see mickey running things to be honest. 2 good lads but interesting to see how its going to work .

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Surprised that Mark Duggan didn't get it after the decent job he did when he took over unless he didn't want it.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiostar View Post
    Surprised that Mark Duggan didn't get it after the decent job he did when he took over unless he didn't want it.
    No radio star,feels that he has more game time in him,only done it last year for the good of the club and team,which was a super job getting the team going again.Great clubman who just wants to play a bit more,plus he's very excited about the new management team coming in!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    I's say there was some lies told in that interview haha

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el nino coro View Post
    As you have already stated chief they have already added with roy long,good player in hs own right but i dont think he will improve the dale midfield,stapleton prob would have ended up there had midleton went down but will prob stay now as i dont think he is a medal chaser!
    Question lads, this is prob a matter of opinon but based on El Nino Coro's quote above if you join the top teams like Rockmount or Avondale are you:-

a) A medal chaser?
    b) To be applauded for testing yourself against the better players in Cork and risking not getting a game?

Interesting to see the way some think! If your local team dont train right or are not going the right way is it ok to leave?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Question lads, this is prob a matter of opinon but based on El Nino Coro's quote above if you join the top teams like Rockmount or Avondale are you:-

a) A medal chaser?
    b) To be applauded for testing yourself against the better players in Cork and risking not getting a game?

Interesting to see the way some think! If your local team dont train right or are not going the right way is it ok to leave?
    I think it's a bit of both. There's obviously a serious risk involved but if I was a top notch player I'd be aiming to win a few leagues/intermediate cups before my times up and if it wasn't with my own club then I'd seriously consider giving 2 or 3 years to a club where cups and titles are a possibility. All the top players are quite friendly with each other so if you have 3 or 4 asking you to join then it can be quite hard to say no. It's a very long season and players like to be rewarded at the end.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast