Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Under-19 Squad

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/mohan...17-elite-phase

the 17s hopefully will make it. interesting the ronan lad seems to have chosen us for now having played for the brits 17s in a friendly last month and the articldes seems to suggest that scully has also chosen us but misses out cause injured. I think masterson might have been with the 19s if these 2 tournaments had not overlapped. This is Baba s 3rd season playing for the under 19s which is a great achievement

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    Cleary, O'Hanlon and Byrne should be there. All are playing well for their clubs and if we make the u19 euros, then it could be the push that our players need at their clubs. I would query if O'Hanlon and Cleary ****ed off the set-up by playing for Liverpool rather than coming over for a friendly. I'd personally prefer if Byrne played for the u19s given that they have a decent chance of qualifying, rather than the u21 game.

Cleary is a very decent defender. He has a great ability to get goals which helps to catch the eye. I wouldn't rate the Liverpool defence too highly, so it's possible he could get a chance at some point. Personally, i think he will become a decent mid-lower premiership club player at best. Nothing wrong with that at all. His next loan move is vital.

O'Hanlon is easilly in the top 4 or 5 players in the Liverpool u21 team. Their u21 team is excellent so that sounds alot worse than it is - put it this way I would say there is maybe five or six players that could play at a very high level. O'Hanlon is a Rodgers type player, but I'm not sure he would do too well in League 1 or the lower realms of the Championship getting kicked around, which is the initial level that he might have to play at to make an impression - funny enough O'Hanlon and Welshman Harry Wilson might make a massive impression if they got into Pool's first team. Liverpool are stacked with excellent players going forward. The jury is out on whether he will become the latest victim of a player who could have become really top class if we had a proper development structure in place in this country.

Whelan is a very promising defender, but I can't say I've seen too much of him. The word from Anfield is that Conor Masterson is really making an impression - I know he's not going to play for the u19s this year but it's good to see nonetheless.

Byrne is different class. He has as much if not more technical ability as O'Hanlon, but he is uber confident. I had great faith in Conor Clifford becoming a top player and I got that badly wrong, but I have massive faith that Byrne will play at a very high level. Put it this way, I view him as every bit as good if not better
    than Grealish. He may need a loan to a good Championship club or lower premiership club next season, but unlike O'Hanlon, I think he could hack the physcial intensity of the Championship.
    great post . What always amazes me is how underrated o hanlon is on the youth forum on redandwhitekop which has a massive youth/reserves section. To me aside from ojo I think he is the most likely to play at the top end of the premiership. Really think he will have a far better career than the likes of branagan, rossitor,wilson, kent, canos etc who are all similiar creative players(except rossitor) who are lauded on the youth form. great thing about the pool underage is you can nearly always see their 18s and 21s games

3. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    Cleary, O'Hanlon and Byrne should be there. All are playing well for their clubs and if we make the u19 euros, then it could be the push that our players need at their clubs. I would query if O'Hanlon and Cleary ****ed off the set-up by playing for Liverpool rather than coming over for a friendly. I'd personally prefer if Byrne played for the u19s given that they have a decent chance of qualifying, rather than the u21 game.

Cleary is a very decent defender. He has a great ability to get goals which helps to catch the eye. I wouldn't rate the Liverpool defence too highly, so it's possible he could get a chance at some point. Personally, i think he will become a decent mid-lower premiership club player at best. Nothing wrong with that at all. His next loan move is vital.

O'Hanlon is easilly in the top 4 or 5 players in the Liverpool u21 team. Their u21 team is excellent so that sounds alot worse than it is - put it this way I would say there is maybe five or six players that could play at a very high level. O'Hanlon is a Rodgers type player, but I'm not sure he would do too well in League 1 or the lower realms of the Championship getting kicked around, which is the initial level that he might have to play at to make an impression - funny enough O'Hanlon and Welshman Harry Wilson might make a massive impression if they got into Pool's first team. Liverpool are stacked with excellent players going forward. The jury is out on whether he will become the latest victim of a player who could have become really top class if we had a proper development structure in place in this country.

Whelan is a very promising defender, but I can't say I've seen too much of him. The word from Anfield is that Conor Masterson is really making an impression - I know he's not going to play for the u19s this year but it's good to see nonetheless.

Byrne is different class. He has as much if not more technical ability as O'Hanlon, but he is uber confident. I had great faith in Conor Clifford becoming a top player and I got that badly wrong, but I have massive faith that Byrne will play at a very high level. Put it this way, I view him as every bit as good if not better
    than Grealish. He may need a loan to a good Championship club or lower premiership club next season, but unlike O'Hanlon, I think he could hack the physcial intensity of the Championship.
    Love your post just like Liamoo, the only problem I have with it Bungle is that you have nearly made me feel optimistic about the future of Irish football, and having seen so many false dawns, I find it hard to accept!

5. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    great post . What always amazes me is how underrated o hanlon is on the youth forum on redandwhitekop which has a massive youth/reserves section. To me aside from ojo I think he is the most likely to play at the top end of the premiership. Really think he will have a far better career than the likes of branagan, rossitor,wilson, kent, canos etc who are all similiar creative players(except rossitor) who are lauded on the youth form. great thing about the pool underage is you can nearly always see their 18s and 21s games
    I think o'hanlon went there with such a massive reputation that expectations were very high on him. The big thing is that homesickness can play a massive part with these young players. I feel that he is now living up to those expectations and he's beginning to get more recognition as a result. at least, Rodgers has shown he isn't afraid to throw young players in!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    17s look likely to make the finals once they avoid losin by more than one in last game. Well done

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    live text commentary of Under 19's VS Czech Republic: http://www.uefa.com/under19/season=2...842/index.html
    currently 0-0
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

9. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Finishes 1-0 to Czech.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Schick

(just for Stutts as he likes this type of thing)

12. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Anyone know if there is a live stream for the 19s game against Germany today? We are in a good position in this group win today and last game and we should have very good chance of topping group despite losin first game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Not sure, try the German team's website and see if they have a stream. There will be live text commentary on UEFA.com either way

<EDIT>

Live text link: http://www.uefa.com/under19/season=2...&match=2015856
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 28/03/2015 at 10:06 AM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    I see the Germans have a kluntur funk defence.

nil nil @ half time

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Eoin Gól(sic) puts Germany 2-1 up. Mountain to climb now.

Edit: Uefa had it wrong. Coustrain scored for Ireland,
    The Irish are now 2-1 up. Funny old game

17. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    Germany levelled. 2 each it finished. Good result for us. Nice to see Coustrain get on the scoresheet. Had been over-shadowed at Sheff United by Dimaio getting a look-in at first team level but this lad is supposed be highly-rated too.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. Germany got a winner in the second minute of added time. Ugh.

19. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Bummer

21. Thanks From:

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Bummer
    Sickener

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    You guys are very refined in expressing disappointment at losing to Germany in the last seconds

This should be more like it .....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Final group game against Slovakia in progress: http://www.uefa.com/under19/season=2...869/index.html
    Currently 1-0 down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    An eventful game finished 2-2
    Slovakia led 2-0 until the 77th minute when Manning scored from the spot, then three Slovakian players were sent off in quick succession, before Toner also received his marching orders from the ref, and Coustrain scored an equaliser in the last minute!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Eventful week all round! Fine margins and all that, but it sounds like they were competitive all week without getting the results.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Doolin names squad for Ukraine friendlies

REPUBLIC of Ireland U19 head coach Paul Doolin has named his squad for two friendly internationals against Ukraine in Limerick's Markets Field next month.

http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/dooli...ine-friendlies

REPUBLIC OF IRELAND U19 SQUAD:

Colin McCabe (Celtic)
    James Talbot (Sunderland)
    Frankie Mulhern (Leeds United)
    Dan Casey (Sunderland)
    Corey Whelan (Liverpool)
    Danny Kane (Huddersfield Town)
    Tom Cadman (Brighton & Hove Albion)
    Trevor Clarke (Shamrock Rovers)
    Olamide Shodipo (Queens Park Rangers)
    Robbie McCourt (West Bromwich Albion)
    Anthony Breslin (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
    Connor Ronan (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
    Conor Masterson (Liverpool)
    Daire O'Conchubhair (UCD)
    Ryan Sweeney (AFC Wimbledon)
    Connor Ellis (Cork City)
    Dylan Watts (UCD)
    George Poynton (Dundalk)
    Colm Deasy (St Patrick's Athletic)
    Jamie Aherne (St Patrick's Athletic)

FIXTURES

Saturday, October 10
    Republic of Ireland v Ukraine, Markets Field, Limerick (5.00pm)
    Monday, October 12
    Republic of Ireland v Ukraine, Markets Field, Limerick (1.00pm)

Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast