Thread: Fahy speaks out against dismissal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Fahy speaks out against dismissal

Fahy speaks out against dismissal

August 7, 2004

Former FAI Honorary Secretary Kevin Fahy has spoken out against the decision to remove him from his office at a meeting of the Association’s National Council on Friday – insisting that the leading lights of the FAI are keen to stifle any debate into the inner workings of Irish soccer’s governing body.

Fahy, described as a staunch opponent of FAI CEO Fran Rooney, was ousted following a secret ballot at the Citywest Hotel on Friday afternoon, ending his association with the FAI.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Im afraid the lunatics

have a free rein in the FAI now as no one will stand up to the Three Amigos.
    Its a funny thing three of us from GUFC have done stewarding for the last 3 Internationals but as yet havent received a red cent despite being assured 2 months ago that our cheques were on the way.I have serious worries over the current leadership and the state of the FAI's Finances.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct
    have a free rein in the FAI now as no one will stand up to the Three Amigos.
    Its a funny thing three of us from GUFC have done stewarding for the last 3 Internationals but as yet havent received a red cent despite being assured 2 months ago that our cheques were on the way.I have serious worries over the current leadership and the state of the FAI's Finances.
    gufct shows up to have a go at the FAI!

Unsurprisingly no where to be seen when there was positive news about the setanta cup...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Macy

I post on this board quite regularly and as far as the Setanta Cup goes why not have a knockout tournament with all Teams North and South Involved rather than an elitist Competition that is only going to benefit a small number of Clubs.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct
    I post on this board quite regularly and as far as the Setanta Cup goes why not have a knockout tournament with all Teams North and South Involved rather than an elitist Competition that is only going to benefit a small number of Clubs.
    I'd love to see it, followed by an All Ireland League. Hopefully the Setanta Cup will be a successful and peaceful and it will expand out. Shels success so far in europe must also mean that the Irish League is looking at a switch of season, which would only help an expanded setanta cup/all Ireland league...

It's a step in the right direction, but you don't give any credit.

Personally I think all sides of internal disputes in the FAI are as bad as each other - too keen to wash the laundry in public. I'd much rather a strong figure took hold of the whole association (inlcuding the league) than the fookin committees that have us in this mess in the first place. Whether Rooney is the right person, I'm not so sure, but he has delivered more than most to the league and the eL fans - the fans ticket initiative and the setanta cup, and he's píssed off a few blazer's (not necessarily bad men, but blazer's none the less)
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    gufct shows up to have a go at the FAI!

Unsurprisingly no where to be seen when there was positive news about the setanta cup...
    Unfortunately he's right.

Rooney is screwing us all and we're smiling while he does it. As much as I'm in favour of the Setanta Cup it's real purpose is as a smokescreen.

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers

Rooney is screwing us all and we're smiling while he does it. As much as I'm in favour of the Setanta Cup it's real purpose is as a smokescreen.

KOH

But the fans rep. Alan Hunter has never spoken out about it so how are they meant to know we are worried about it. If fans feel that things arent being run as the should then they should go through the correct channels and voice their opinion through their spokes person, Alan Hunter.
    Last edited by A face; 12/08/2004 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Type Oh
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers

KOH
    What's it screening. The problems within the FAI are known to everyone (Genesis and everything else). An all Ireland Competition has been debated on MB's North and South for quite some time. Most supporters seem to be in favour of it from the point of view of;
    1 Pitting themselves against a team from another League

2 Extra gate receipts.

3 Prizemoney.