Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sean McCaffrey not talking to the press

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    its because everytime he opens his mouth its full of food.
    fixed that for you

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Darius was sent out but MNS wanted McCaffrey.

Nobody wants to listen to his waffle anyway.

Spoofer.
    Who's waffle? McCaffrey or Darius? I always thought that McCaffrey was a spoofer to be honest. I would agree it seems to be a tough position he is in now but he could at least do interviews. Sean O'Connor lost 23 in a row and still did interviews. I just have no mass in him or Don Givens after their years of disaster at national level.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    McCaffrey
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    Dodge, there's much more going on in Dundalk, I think we all know that. I think you're being harsh on McC, he's in a tough spot and I do believe he was sold a pup. But this Brazilian is a goer, just something's up in the state of Dundalk!
    Not doubting the Brazilian is real. just pointing out its very simple (too simple IMO) to get a work permit for a sports professional. If you don't get one, its your own fault.

McCaffrey is 2 montsh into the job and already blaming the media and fans. Thats a horrendous sign
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    I much prefer Darius Kiernan to McCaffery I thought he did a good job at Drogheda United under tough circumstances and he seems to have a great knowledge of the game and the way in which football should be played, for me he would be a much better Dundalk manager than McCaffery but I dont know if he has the sufficient badges yet, does anyone know if he got them since his time at Drogheda?
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Im sure this video and Brazilian has been doing the rounds about a year ago on a thread here????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    I much prefer Darius Kiernan to McCaffery I thought he did a good job at Drogheda United under tough circumstances and he seems to have a great knowledge of the game and the way in which football should be played, for me he would be a much better Dundalk manager than McCaffery but I dont know if he has the sufficient badges yet, does anyone know if he got them since his time at Drogheda?
    I'm starting to think myself that Darius Kierans would have been a better choice. He has more LOI experience despite his age, would have better contacts with players and better cope on and know how required for the league. Also he would say stupid things like Rolls Royce players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Whatever about the 1st team mess i thought McCaffrey would be able for the media. I will question again why the immediate criticism of McCaffrey for not speaking to MNS after the Rovers match and yet 2 weeks on the spin Roddy hasn't appeared, once covered by the extratime spoof and the other Trevor Molloy was wheeled out - not a mention or explaination...Con and the boys covering for their buddy? Fair point about Connor still spoofing after 23 losses on the spin but then he loved himself so much he couldnt pass up the chance to see his mug on tv.

*It seems that after the Derry match it was necessary to climb a gantry for an interview to be conducted, that wouldnt be possible for Sean McCaffrey to do due to his invalidity. Not being familiar with the camera set-up at the Brandywell i dunno if this is a plausible reason or not, but maybe worth consideration?
    Last edited by Nesta99; 04/05/2012 at 3:34 AM.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    *It seems that after the Derry match it was necessary to climb a gantry for an interview to be conducted, that wouldnt be possible for Sean McCaffrey to do due to his invalidity. Not being familiar with the camera set-up at the Brandywell i dunno if this is a plausible reason or not, but maybe worth consideration?
    I was told this aswell. McCaffrey has difficulties with walking as he was in a bad car accident a few years back.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Whatever about the 1st team mess i thought McCaffrey would be able for the media. I will question again why the immediate criticism of McCaffrey for not speaking to MNS after the Rovers match and yet 2 weeks on the spin Roddy hasn't appeared, once covered by the extratime spoof and the other Trevor Molloy was wheeled out - not a mention or explaination...Con and the boys covering for their buddy? Fair point about Connor still spoofing after 23 losses on the spin but then he loved himself so much he couldnt pass up the chance to see his mug on tv.

Was Roddy not sent off in the one Molloy spoke? Not allowed anywhere near the dressing rooms/pitch etc for 2 hours after the game.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    sorry,,, but have we clarified it is MNS he is not speaking to ? or all media? He does seem to be quoted in the Dundalk papers often

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    sorry,,, but have we clarified it is MNS he is not speaking to ? or all media? He does seem to be quoted in the Dundalk papers often
    What papers do you read?? If you ask me he never seems to be out of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    He is just talking to MNS, he was interviews for the Cork match. Even though I think managers should try there best to give an interview, I think sometimes it's not the end of the world if they miss them. He missed two interviews. One was after the Rovers match where we got a 6-0 thumping, he probably should have said something but at the same time his team was humiliated. Then it seems at the Derry match he couldn't access the area where the camera's where located.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12