Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A Couple of Questions Re Dundalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    The managment wages are included in the €7+k,not that it makes too much of a difference McCaff got the go-ahead from the DFC board(since disbanded) to build a young squad that would serve the club well for years for years to come,he forgot that to be competitive in this leauge you might have to mix and match youth with experience! He brought the youth in alright but he forgot to sign the experienced players.

The next few weeks will be very interesting here and i would reckon that if we haven't improved our position points wise and goal wise by the end of the Dundalk v Monaghan United game(18/5/12) then Sean McCaff will be just another failed managment statisic up here in Oriel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    I said it at the time of the "sale" and was shouted down by his cheerleaders, it's all a game, and a dangerous one. How on earth they're spending 7k a week on wages yet have a team of kids. Greatly fearing for Dundalk FC right now.

What makes it all look worse is the Trust statement. http://www.dundalkfc.com/dfc-trust-statement-2
    A playing budget is settled on and then increased - who do you reckon were the sensible frugle members of the board disagreeing with an increase - trust members or others? A split at board level happens resulting in GM riding in to save the day again, how nice of him
    As GM is the owner he can do what he likes, i am surprised he authorised such a playing budget rather than him pushing minimal amount

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    What in the name of Jebus are they spending over SEVEN GRAND a week on??
    Pitch maintenance. That FIFA grade doesn't look after itself

Dundalk are the worst tem e've played so far. And McCaffrey looks clueless in any interviews I've seen. granted thats not the best criteria for judging a manager but what else can I go on?
    Last edited by Dodge; 20/04/2012 at 1:24 AM.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Pitch maintenance. That FIFA grade doesn't look after itself....
    Brazil....sorry, St. Pat's won on the FIFA graded pitch up here but Bucks has had a go at the pitches that they didn't win on.He never mentions the pitch that yee won on funny enough.

LIAM BUCKLEY believes that "crap" pitches in the League of Ireland are harming his side's ability to play quality football.

A frustrating scoreless draw away to Drogheda United last Friday was the fourth draw in five games for Pats this season and in five away games in all competitions so far in 2012, the Saints have managed just one win.

"Some clubs are making an effort (to improve pitches) but I don't understand how some teams can train at their home stadiums," said Buckley. "If you're training and playing matches on the same pitch, the surface doesn't get a chance to recover and that's very frustrating.

"I look at the pitch in Drogheda, I look at Dalymount Park and Tolka Park and all three of them are crap.

"You could have had Manchester United playing on that pitch last Friday and they would have struggled to pass the ball. I'm not just saying that because we drew, but it's a fact and hopefully all of these pitches will improve as the season goes on," added Buckley, who admitted that his club's run of draws is a worry.........

"We've had a few draws now and that's not great, we just need to get some consistency into our game, and we need to turn draws into wins," he said, as Pats prepare for their next test at home to UCD next Friday.

."
    Moany hole Bucks seems to have taken over were moany hole Pete left off
    "its not us,its the fooking pitches"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    Brazil....sorry, St. Pat's won on the FIFA graded pitch up here but Bucks has had a go at the pitches that they didn't win on.He never mentions the pitch that yee won on funny enough.
    I'm not Buckley. I think your pitch is atrocious. I'm happy we have a brilliant record on it

Now back to where you're peeing your 7k a week away
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    I'm not Buckley. I think your pitch is atrocious. I'm happy we have a brilliant record on it

Now back to where you're peeing your 7k a week away
    Of course you are right(but you sound like a mix of Bucks and MacMahon ),what is Pats budget again??
    My answer on our budget is above ^^ and stands as.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Ah the old 'he's from club x, let's try and defend my club by having a pop at his' technique. Classic on these forums

Don't know Pats budget. I'd guess it'd be 3rd highest in the league. Still can't find the relevence to Dundalk spending 7k on an untested management team, a couple of OK players and a bunch of kids

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Getting away from pitch issues (weren't they supposed to be resolved anyway?) - the total budget, if on playing and coaching staff, is not outrageous, can be seen as sustainable (40 weeks x 7k = 280k), and Dundalk can cover it. GM messing with everyone's heads before the season started was a joke, it was almost TNB except he did a 3 card trick with the Trust and in their decency and love for the club, they went with it. Now he's looking to offload the "football" side of the club - basically hanging onto everything he can - including the bars etc. He's destroyed hopes of investment in the club to get what he wants. The club is dying a death and still they re-arrange the deckchairs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Ah the old 'he's from club x, let's try and defend my club by having a pop at his' technique. Classic on these forums

Don't know Pats budget. I'd guess it'd be 3rd highest in the league. Still can't find the relevence to Dundalk spending 7k on an untested management team, a couple of OK players and a bunch of kids
    As ever with these figures it depends very much on what the figure covers, if it is just players 7 K does seem pretty high (given the calibre of players in the squad) but if manager/asst manager, physio and (possibly) coach(s) are included it may not be that bad.

On the Oriel pitch, despite Bohs OK record there in recent years I never eally liked it as a football surface although I would acknowledge the rationale Dundalk invoked in opting to use it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    Jaysus..... You seem to know everything else in the world about everything but you don't know your own teams budget.... Hmmmmm.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Jaysus..... You seem to know everything else in the world about everything but you don't know your own teams budget.... Hmmmmm.....
    most clubs pay rates for players would be kept fairly quiet (sometimes even from board members) for confidentiality reasons and most figures for individual players earnings are speculation at best. Global spend figures can cover various "playing" costs (manager etc)

Anyway I doubt very much anyone that did know would come onto a public forum and say my club is paying XXXXXXX amount to such and such a player(s)

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I'm slightly alarmed anyone would actually believe Dundalk are spending 7k a week on player wages. I know this league never fails to surprise but sometimes you hear something so outstandingly unlikely that only a fool would take it seriously.

I'd say McCaffrey is on a very decent wedge consider his experience and most recent employer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I'm slightly alarmed anyone would actually believe Dundalk are spending 7k a week on player wages. I know this league never fails to surprise but sometimes you hear something so outstandingly unlikely that only a fool would take it seriously.

I'd say McCaffrey is on a very decent wedge consider his experience and most recent employer.
    We had a €13k a week budget in '08, we've been struggling in the 1st Division since '09.

Pretty self explanatory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts

Dundalk are the worst tem e've played so far.
    Re the 2-0 away win for Pats last month, that was our first home game, and I said to my mate after the match that it was the worst opening home game performance in my 30 yrs going. So I can see how you could have made that opinion. Quite appaling actually when I look back how poor we were.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Getting away from pitch issues (weren't they supposed to be resolved anyway?) - the total budget, if on playing and coaching staff, is not outrageous, can be seen as sustainable (40 weeks x 7k = 280k), and Dundalk can cover it. GM messing with everyone's heads before the season started was a joke, it was almost TNB except he did a 3 card trick with the Trust and in their decency and love for the club, they went with it. Now he's looking to offload the "football" side of the club - basically hanging onto everything he can - including the bars etc. He's destroyed hopes of investment in the club to get what he wants. The club is dying a death and still they re-arrange the deckchairs.
    What a load of ballix!! You don't know what you are talking about if you are comparing Gerry Matthews to TNB.
    GM is back as a reluctant head of affairs beacause the board that was appointed wasn't fit nor able to do the required job in his absense.Indeed it was the board that asked GM to step back into the breach.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    You should go to one of the supporter meetings set up by the club where you will meet Gerry Matthews and the general manager Paul Johnston. They have been running all this week and some more are on next week. All season ticket holders got phone calls to arrange a suitable time to meet and anyone else who has an interest are invited to intend them. GM wants to the fans to get more involved in the club.

I don't think GM has any intention of messing with peoples head's or hanging onto the clubs bars and so on. But that said the club could be in a much better position on and off the field.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    What a load of ballix!! You don't know what you are talking about if you are comparing Gerry Matthews to TNB.
    GM is back as a reluctant head of affairs beacause the board that was appointed wasn't fit nor able to do the required job in his absense.Indeed it was the board that asked GM to step back into the breach.
    Seems that you're doing your best to defend the indefensible, I hope the comparison to TNB is ott, truly, but don't try to say that the situation the "board" too over was in any way stable. I know you're only doing your job, but don't try to promote the idea that there was a stable situation for the board to come into. Any solid plan was rubbished last Autumn because of the farce surrounding the playhouse and bar licences, plus the ever increasing circle of debt.

Guinney - I went to a meeting last Autumn, sat quietly and watched and listened. I saw real commitment from all concerned (even GM and PJ) but completely diverging goals. I don't believe GM came into the situation in any other way than to do something decent for the club and town (which he did) but that once the crisis hit, his own bottom line was dragged down and as we all know the demands of supporters of our club outweigh the real world. Unless we have 500 people willing to pay 50e a month over 2-3 years, we're not going to be knocking on the door of the Europa League Group Stages for a wee while yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Great to see the levels of concern for another club.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    Great to see the levels of concern for another club.
    Hey, don't laugh too hard dong, soon it'll be your guys turn again! Then Bohs, then......is there any club that hasn't been rounded on at some point?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts
    Hey, don't laugh too hard dong, soon it'll be your guys turn again! Then Bohs, then......is there any club that hasn't been rounded on at some point?
    Probably Pats!. Never too much said about their finances? Granted I dont know what their budget is but it assumed that they have the 3rd largest budget in the league and with pretty average attendances, well ... ...
    Last edited by redobit; 22/04/2012 at 10:11 PM.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast