Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: A Couple of Questions Re Dundalk

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    900 Posts
    Surely like most people on this site - including the poster you quoted - you could have had the decorum to avoid the naked expletive? I'm far from prudish, but there are customs that are generally observed here.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morginho View Post
    Erm derp, wow unforgiving what a cuntish thing to say. What if you were and you's really didn't ever give the man a chance.
    Morginho, I have to say that in fairness the majority of fans did give him a chance to start with, they even understood that it was a poisoned chalice. Though with RTE, the usual idiots and frustrated locals, there was a building hostility that was responded to incorrectly from the manager - then again, what would he say. The club is a mess, I'm being treated badly and I'm outta here?

Re RTE, I notice Stephen Kenny not coming out to speak afterwards was quickly brushed aside, not being conspiratorial, just blunt, but I wonder if it's down to Con's allegiances that he didn't make the same meal he made of the ex-Dundalk manager doing the same thing?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Spud, he was a marked man from day one with the majority of our support, even before he got the job from when he was first mentioned on OW. He was caught in the crossfire between the support and the ongoing shenanigans of GM and his cronies that's been going on this years. I say this as a Dundalk fan but it's the gods honest truth, if there's one thing Dundalk supporters can do better than any other supporters in the land it's a good over the top knee jerk reaction to one result or the smallest thing during a match and they'll run it into the ground and never move past it. He didn't stand a chance with the way our lot go on. Ok, he made mistakes, who doesn't, but he had to play the hand he was dealt from above, he had a good long term plan but with the situation at the club he was a dead man walking from day one. As was said previously it was the wrong time and the wrong club for that way of thinking with the precarious situation the club was and is in but sure we move on and try and save the club as best we can from this quagmire we find ourselves in.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    I always felt sorry for McCaffrey when he was on TV but he didn't inspire as a manager of athletes when you seen him in the flesh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelwest View Post
    Spud, he was a marked man from day one with the majority of our support, even before he got the job from when he was first mentioned on OW. He was caught in the crossfire between the support and the ongoing shenanigans of GM and his cronies that's been going on this years. I say this as a Dundalk fan but it's the gods honest truth, if there's one thing Dundalk supporters can do better than any other supporters in the land it's a good over the top knee jerk reaction to one result or the smallest thing during a match and they'll run it into the ground and never move past it. He didn't stand a chance with the way our lot go on. Ok, he made mistakes, who doesn't, but he had to play the hand he was dealt from above, he had a good long term plan but with the situation at the club he was a dead man walking from day one. As was said previously it was the wrong time and the wrong club for that way of thinking with the precarious situation the club was and is in but sure we move on and try and save the club as best we can from this quagmire we find ourselves in.
    Apart from OW would you read around any other forums? Maybe you should,fans are tough on losing managers.Trickle into the Shams forum right now or have a look at DerryChat.com.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I've never been at a game where the lights were switched off so soon after FT, leccie bill must be due hopefully that is a metaphor for Kenny's disastrous time in charge.
    Fair play to the dundalk lads, looked well up for it and could have won it on another night.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    Apart from OW would you read around any other forums? Maybe you should,fans are tough on losing managers.Trickle into the Shams forum right now or have a look at DerryChat.com.
    Aye of course I do and it's stating the obvious that fans are hard on managers. Our lot are a law unto themselves though when it comes to managers and players when they get a collective notion in their heads, they'll always find someone or something to moan about and they'll run it into the ground. The toys were thrown out of the pram before a ball was kicked or a player was signed by a high percentage of Dundalk fans. There's no middle ground with our lot. As I said previously, right plan, wrong time with the situation the club has been in the last 2 years. For his plan to work we needed a stable club and we've been anything but. It all boils down to the situation with the owner and everyone's frustration with that. It's a chicken and the egg scenario, the fans stayed away so income is down drastically, even from ST's before the season started, and if the income had of stayed around the same level that could have been 2 or 3 more experienced heads in the team. McCaffrey was the one in the publics eye so he took it in the neck, the 6 months he was there isn't the issue, GM, his cronies and their shenanigans over the past few years are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    McCaffreys idea of a youth policy might be a good noble idea, but McCaffrey was never the man to implement it. He hadn't got a good enough knowledge of the league and some of the players he signed are just not good enough, even if he felt he was restricted by the budget. The most talented players at the club were either here last year or from the youth system. His demeanour at the matches was poor, just look at Darius Kierans last night on his feet throughout, instructing and encouraging the players. I know if I was a young player possibly lacking in confidence what type of manager I want to see on the sidelines. True the fans were on his back nearly from the word go but he never helped himself with some of his ridiculous comments to the press and criticising the fans to the local media is never a good thing to do even if you under a great deal of pressure.

12. Thanks From:

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Hopefully Dundalk get a few fans back through the gates again to help with he money problems. Think getting rid of McCaffrey is a start, a tube of a manager if i've ever seen one

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Aye of course I do and it's stating the obvious that fans are hard on managers. Our lot are a law unto themselves though when it comes to managers and players when they get a collective notion in their heads, they'll always find someone or something to moan about and they'll run it into the ground.
    Imo they are no better or worse than fans at any club or on any club mb.Anyway we move onwards,Darius will be offered the job mid-week and will accept it and then we will have another target to vent our frustrations on
    Last edited by bullit; 14/07/2012 at 11:09 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    Imo they are no better or worse than fans at any club or on any club mb.Anyway we move onwards,Darius will be offered the job mid-week and will accept it and then we will have another target to vent our frustrations on
    Just as long as he lays off the fake tan a bit, we all remember the abuse Jamie Duffy used to get! I'd be happy enough to let him have a shot til the end of the season and see how he gets on but are we in the same situation as when he took over the Drogs? McCaff got on the Uefa course instead of him to get the licence didn't he?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Just as long as he lays off the fake tan a bit, we all remember the abuse Jamie Duffy used to get! I'd be happy enough to let him have a shot til the end of the season and see how he gets on but are we in the same situation as when he took over the Drogs? McCaff got on the Uefa course instead of him to get the licence didn't he?
    Also what was with the dodgy cardigan Darius was wearing the other night :P

But I'd be surprised if it wasn't Darius until the end of the season. Firstly he deserves a go. Secondly he is already on the wage bill and we have no money to pay anyone else at the moment. He would know the players and the club well so no big settling in period.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    Did an ex Drog ever take us on as manager berfore rather than the many that went the other way out to graze at Drogs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    I always felt sorry for McCaffrey when he was on TV but he didn't inspire as a manager of athletes when you seen him in the flesh.
    Yea, he was no Pat Dolan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    What's the story with Derry? Some fans saying on Friday the team didn't get paid last week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean South View Post
    What's the story with Derry? Some fans saying on Friday the team didn't get paid last week.
    Only one of the payments anyway.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Only one of the payments anyway.
    Are Derry in trouble again so or what? Will we have to listen to Stephen McGuinness again now yeah?
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    If there are issues at Derry, there are no mentions of it on their forum (that I've seen anyway), and they did just sign at least one new player so I'd be pretty doubtful about this. Ironically enough, the only speculation I see about wages is that Sligo didn't pay their players last week!
    Last edited by Mr A; 17/07/2012 at 12:44 PM.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    If there are issues at Derry, there are no mentions of it on their forum, and they did just sign at least one new player so I'd be pretty doubtful about this. Ironically enough, the only speculation I see about wages is that Sligo didn't pay their players last week!
    Do you not see the speculation about Derry up above?!

Where did you see about us not paying players?

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast