Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: A Couple of Questions Re Dundalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    The 'hump' was losing 6-0 in a completely inept display. We hardly talked on the way home in the car apart from the odd grumble about the gutless performance. Hump 2 was complaining about an assistant conducting the post-match interview. Hump 3 was last nights analysis which may perpetuate the situation. It would be nice if McCaffery was the bigger person (no sniggering) and took the interview on Friday

2. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    How many times has Keith Long done the post match on behalf of Pat Devlin, I can think of a couple of times last year and once (I think) this. Don't see the fuss in it, however this being the LOI there could be any number of things going on behind the scenes. Having watched KC's aside, I don't think there is a bad element to it, just a joke that was going to pee off any scaldies after the loss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    What would MNS be without snide comments about Dundalk FC. I was wondering how they would cope as we were playing away and they didn't have the pitch to bitch about.

I wonder who the four coaches who have spkken to MNS are? Perhaps Cunningham can enlighten us?

McCaffrey has John Whyte and Darius Kearins as assistants, two good young coaches. Hats off to Johnny Mac, he showed some class in coming to Whites defence after Cunningham's put-down.

What would be the point club investing in young players without having good coaching staff?
    Relax lads (ie all the Dundalk fans who thanked this post) I think Cunningham was just joking. Jeez, there was nothing snide about it
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Dodge in the context of the previous 'analysis' on McCafferys postmatch disappearing acts, if KC was only joking and not having a pop like others, the exception being PM, well its timing just made him look like he was jumping on Con's bandwagon. Id actually like to know exactly what the contactual obligations referred to are in more detail.

Anyway us worried and stressed DFC fans are likely to be very touchy over the next while - MNS bashing is a great way to vent!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Dodge in the context of the previous 'analysis' on McCafferys postmatch disappearing acts, if KC was only joking and not having a pop like others, the exception being PM, well its timing just made him look like he was jumping on Con's bandwagon.
    You're over thinking it. And yep, Con's an @rse

In today's sun apparently that Dundalk's budget to be cut by 25%, with the majority of cuts at coaches level. haven't read it myself. Anyone know more?
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post

In today's sun apparently that Dundalk's budget to be cut by 25%, with the majority of cuts at coaches level. haven't read it myself. Anyone know more?
    It was mentioned yesterday on local radio that 2 players and 2 coaches would be cut. Quite how they can sut contracted players is questionable.

Gerry Matthews has resumed management control (though some fans question whether he ever relinquished it) and said expenditure was starting to get out of control.

Given the squad we have, everyone is scratching their heads as to how we could have over-spent. There is talk that compensation payments were made for some players. If that happened, it was madness.

There is a lot of politics going on between Matthews and the supporters trust after matthew botched rush to sell the club.

There is spin and counter spin going on. God only knows that the truth is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    It was mentioned yesterday on local radio that 2 players and 2 coaches would be cut. Quite how they can sut contracted players is questionable.

Ahhhhhhh, and to think some people thought FOOT.IE could be on the way out

has anyone seen the PFAI statement yet ? there must be one, surely ? ...................... sit comfortably and let the games begin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Does anyone know more? Simple answer is nope! Cuts are very likely, why they are necessary is a strange one as our owner is alleged to have been the person to agree the playing budget over the Boards head while he had stepped away from day to day running of the club. People on the board with differing opinions on the direction the club is going dig the heels in on such circumvention and the board is dissolved. GM takes the reigns again ... our lilywhite Knight, our saviour *cough* has stepped into the breach again hmmmmmm?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Does anyone know more? Simple answer is nope! Cuts are very likely, why they are necessary is a strange one as our owner is alleged to have been the person to agree the playing budget over the Boards head while he had stepped away from day to day running of the club. People on the board with differing opinions on the direction the club is going dig the heels in on such circumvention and the board is dissolved. GM takes the reigns again ... our lilywhite Knight, our saviour *cough* has stepped into the breach again hmmmmmm?
    This is just rumour posted by somebody on Oriel web who was challenged about it and never responded. TBH if you believe half of what you read on OW for the past 8 months then you're in trouble. There are some people there with serious axes to grind mostly pinning blame on GM for everything and anything and conveniently forgetting the past. I'm not saying mistakes have not been made they clearly have but the blame lies in several corners, Owner, Board, Trust and Fans. Reading OW these days makes you feel ashamed to be a Dundalk fan.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    This is just rumour posted by somebody on Oriel web who was challenged about it and never responded. TBH if you believe half of what you read on OW for the past 8 months then you're in trouble. There are some people there with serious axes to grind mostly pinning blame on GM for everything and anything and conveniently forgetting the past. I'm not saying mistakes have not been made they clearly have but the blame lies in several corners, Owner, Board, Trust and Fans. Reading OW these days makes you feel ashamed to be a Dundalk fan.
    Orielweb is full of ex-board members and former directors of the club who just want to discredit anything and EVERYTHING that is happening in Oriel Park.

One poster is a former treasurer who screwed the finances of the club up so badly that the club was 24 hours away from meltdown until GM saved his blushes by taking over the club.

Another poster who is constantly on that mb winding people up is a former board member who was part of the group that was trying to take over the club during the summer Thank fcuk that clown nor his cohorts ever got their way!There are a few more as well.

Thank god i stopped posting over on it a long,long time ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post

It's bull****. I was at a meeting with Gerry Matthews and Paul Johnston last night. There will be no cuts at playing level but they have asked McCaffery to look at his backroom staff. We have two goalkeeping coaches for example.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    Orielweb is full of ex-board members and former directors of the club who just want to discredit anything and EVERYTHING that is happening in Oriel Park.

One poster is a former treasurer who screwed the finances of the club up so badly that the club was 24 hours away from meltdown until GM saved his blushes by taking over the club.

Another poster who is constantly on that mb winding people up is a former board member who was part of the group that was trying to take over the club during the summer Thank fcuk that clown nor his cohorts ever got their way!There are a few more as well.

Thank god i stopped posting over on it a long,long time ago.
    Absolutely built, I know the posters you're talking about also, unbelievable that they would have the guile to even comment given their past records.

It's a sad time really for the club, nobody is pulling in the same direction and every side wants to score points off the other, until the different parties start working together the club will go nowhere

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    It is guile that is lacking across the club but i know what yer saying! The reality is that it is likely to be of greater detriment to the club if the 'facts' were to be aired at this time. In fairness i dont see where blame lies with the Trust as they try to keep up with the cloak and dagger act being sublimely performed by others around the club. I agree with what you say about OW as personal agendas dominate. But there are some valid points eg as the Trust had two members on the Board well then they were in a minority position and would have been out voted if they tried to pull in a different direction to the other members - assuming that there were two factions. Now that flies in the face of what GM is suggesting whereby the dysfunction of the Board is due to the inexperience of the Trust members. Problems started long before the Trust were at Board level which cant be denied! Inexperience is also a issue with GM otherwise 50k would not have been paid out for unfair dismissals that he in a arbitrary manner caused - and that the tip of the iceberg really. A simple look at a sequence of events gives insight into the game being played imo.

GM states his intention to sell.
    He rejects all potential suitors including a mysterious London based Russian interest(im not kidding, that claim was from the horses mouth).
    He agrees in principle to a handover to the Trust over a season to be completed post season 2012.
    He leaves day to day running while agreeing to Trust involvement on the Board including equal access to paperwork eg finances hmmm?
    Two senior board members approach GM concerned by the looming financial issues.
    GM disbands the Board and returns to running the show directly himself and in a 'god love them they have the best of the club at heart and work hard' manner he again imo patronises the efforts of the trust.
    Budgets are being cut to take remedial action on decisions made by the dysfunctional Board...and shakespeareanesque tragedy continues to unfold.

So i shall repeat - a minority pairing are being alluded to as being the root of the problem -obvious horsesh*te!
    The Trust didnt get within an asses roar of the club finances.
    GM/PJ claim at a meeting i that they are not sure where the clubs bank account was at and it would take a few days to suss it out - very strange from a General Manager never mind the owner.

Dont start on the YDC issues. A former cheif negotiator on the N. Ireland peace process failed to mediate to conclusion.
    Its a damn mess and i feel that it goes beyond DFC and into other companies involving our owner...
    Last edited by Nesta99; 29/04/2012 at 9:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Joint Statement from Dundalk Football Club and DFC Trust

http://www.dundalkfc.com/joint-dfc-t...k-fc-statement
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Joint Statement from Dundalk Football Club and DFC Trust

http://www.dundalkfc.com/joint-dfc-t...k-fc-statement
    The trust seem to have put some pressure on GM over the last few weeks by withdrawing their free labour(Keith Wallace@media officer & the DFCTV crew to name just two).I wonder if they are also withholding monies that they would also pay into the club from monthly trust funds in an effort to somewhat force his hand into giving over control of the club to them(the Trust) ??Have any of our lot have any opinions on my slant or have i completly lost the run of myself ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    The trust seem to have put some pressure on GM over the last few weeks by withdrawing their free labour(Keith Wallace@media officer & the DFCTV crew to name just two).I wonder if they are also withholding monies that they would also pay into the club from monthly trust funds in an effort to somewhat force his hand into giving over control of the club to them(the Trust) ??Have any of our lot have any opinions on my slant or have i completly lost the run of myself ??
    As as I know Keith left just to pursue other interests and worked for the club as a media officer, it wasn't free labour. Also the DFCTV team just left as they hadn't got the time to commit to the club no more.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinney View Post
    As as I know Keith left just to pursue other interests and worked for the club as a media officer, it wasn't free labour. Also the DFCTV team just left as they hadn't got the time to commit to the club no more.
    Right,maybe i'm reading too much into it and as i dont realy know any of the lads involved then i would say you are prob right,It just seemed to me that Keith leaving and the DFCTV team leaving at the same time was just too much of a coincidence! ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Right,maybe i'm reading too much into it and as i dont realy know any of the lads involved then i would say you are prob right,It just seemed to me that Keith leaving and the DFCTV team leaving at the same time was just too much of a coincidence! ?
    Yeah a bit strange they left at the same time, but don't think there was anything in it. It's a great pity though with Keith we had the best website and programme in the country, they aren't going to remain at the same standard now. Also the DFCTV lads provided us with a great service that will be missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Keith decided that it was time to move on and further his career. Chris and the DFCTV team were caught where both expenses were cut and personal time constraints kicked in. Chris as a newly married man has a lovely wife to be with rather than a thankless job filming muck on cold Friday nights ;P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Although you never like to see anyone lose their jobs, having THREE coaches (ok one was a GK coach) AND a manager was just madness. Worse was the recruitment of average strikers, and not going for a big name one. All of this lies with the manager and his arrogance, not talking to MNS is just disgraceful and needs to be stopped.

He is the gaffer, what he says goes, the buck stops with him (now who else said that)
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast