Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: A Couple of Questions Re Dundalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    Probably Pats!. Never too much said about their finances? Granted I dont know what their budget is but it assumed that they have the 3rd largest budget in the league and with pretty average attendances, well ... ...
    They were in big trouble a few years ago. got themselves out of immediate danger though pretty quick, fair play.

In this league, every team is potentially weeks away from disaster... except UCD.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Pats are probably unique in this league as they had a genuine millionaire sugar daddy as opposed to an endless mesh of bank loans, and he left the club without a stack of debt in spite of his own losses.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Does Kelleher still own Pats ? A very interesting guy into films now along with religion, but of course his property business is totally bust so would the banks (Anglo-Irish mostly) not have a claim on Pats and Richmond Park ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    They were in big trouble a few years ago. got themselves out of immediate danger though pretty quick, fair play.

In this league, every team is potentially weeks away from disaster... except UCD.
    Think the big trouble they were in was Kelleher ceasing to bankroll the team. Dramatically cut the wage bill a couple of years back letting most of the squad go.
    Pats appear the most stable club in LOI (hardly a major achievement) and have no rental commitments or historical liabilities. Their persistent refusal to win anything in recent years has also saved them a fortune in polish

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    Does Kelleher still own Pats ? A very interesting guy into films now along with religion, but of course his property business is totally bust so would the banks (Anglo-Irish mostly) not have a claim on Pats and Richmond Park ?
    If you were a bank manager would you want Richmond Park?

Kelleher does own the club. The banks could conceivably force him to sell the club but they would have no claim on the club itself or the ground.
    Last edited by Charlie Darwin; 23/04/2012 at 12:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Yes he still owns the cub but no the banks can't get their hands on the club or the ground.
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Few things...

Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Jaysus..... You seem to know everything else in the world about everything but you don't know your own teams budget.... Hmmmmm.....
    I know Bohs budget because I was told by someone who should know. I know what some players are on at a variety of clubs, including Pats (because I either know them, or know mates of theres).

I've heard rumours about every club, much like yourself I'm sure. I have never claimed to know Pats budget (this season) either btw

Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Re the 2-0 away win for Pats last month, that was our first home game, and I said to my mate after the match that it was the worst opening home game performance in my 30 yrs going. So I can see how you could have made that opinion. Quite appaling actually when I look back how poor we were.
    Well thats just it. Can only go on waht I've seen. Dundalk beating Derry was a massive shock to me, as I couldn't see where Dundalk would get goals. I've no doubt some Bohs fans have similarly poor views on pats as we were awful against them

Still chairman. He has plenty of companies. Without getting too much into it, Pats can't really be touched, and Richmond Park certainly can't. Not an ideal situation for him, but some of his companies still very profitable (others are gone completely)

Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Their persistent refusal to win anything in recent years has also saved them a fortune in polish
    That bleeding Leinter Senior Cup will kill us...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Is the ownership of the ground/club in a trust so that Kelleher can't sell it ? Who runs the club and who are they answerable to ?
    I suppose the "genuine millionaire" may not have to return the money he got out from Anglo-Irish Bank as the irish state has already kindly put up the dosh to cover losses in said bank. Now if only the Swiss people could only cover Zurick Bank for their loan to Bohs we would all be sorted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Is the ownership of the ground/club in a trust so that Kelleher can't sell it ? Who runs the club and who are they answerable to ?
    yes(ish)/no. paid employees, answerable to Kelleher

I suppose the "genuine millionaire" may not have to return the money he got out from Anglo-Irish Bank as the irish state has already kindly put up the dosh to cover losses in said bank.
    Hopefully. Does that make us 'the club of the people'?
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Wasn't Kelleher trying to build apartments around Richmond a couple of years ago? It's all moot now because I don't think anybody would dream of buying Richmond for any kind of residential building nowadays.

Kelleher owns and chairs Pat's through a company called Newtonheath, presumably named after the old Manchester United: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...308796081.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Wasn't Kelleher trying to build apartments around Richmond a couple of years ago? It's all moot now because I don't think anybody would dream of buying Richmond for any kind of residential building nowadays.
    No, the idea was that a new stadium on the grounds of St Michaels Flats could be finded by apartments there (and helped by sale of Richmond). it was pretty complicated, and as you say, completely moot now.

Kelleher owns and chairs Pat's through a company called Newtonheath, presumably named after the old Manchester United: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...308796081.html
    Newtonheath has been the company behind Pats since the early 90s. He, and his wife, bought 100% of the shares in Newtownheath.

I know it doesn't make much mterial difference but he bought the company, rather than set up a company to buy Pats (if that makes sense?). The name of the company wasn't his choice (although as everyone can see he has appaling taste in company names so it could've been worse...)
    ---

12. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Dodge, I heard from someone inside SDCC last year that they were to make approaches to Pats about the possibility of becoming tenants in Stade de Robbie Keane, Tallaght.? Hear anything?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts
    Ive heard it said before that our gate account for one-third of our annual budget. Seeing as Pats crowds last season were about 1,200 average and they now have the 3rd largest budget in the league does Kelleher still stump up large amounts of money?
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Have Pats ever been owned by members/fans say like Bohs, Sligo and recently Cork and Shamrocks. Is it better for League of Ireland clubs to be owned by a millionaires who can make decisions quickly rather than having to consult with others who may be just fans ? Both I suppose both types of ownership have advantages and disadvantages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Pats have nearly always been run/owned by members/volunteers. Last 20 years is different

No approach from SDCC as far as I know
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    BTW little throw away line from Kenny Cunnningham on MNS tonight; 'Dundalk's management wage bill must b more than their player bill... he's the 4th different coach to speak to us..."

Or similar
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    BTW little throw away line from Kenny Cunnningham on MNS tonight; 'Dundalk's management wage bill must b more than their player bill... he's the 4th different coach to speak to us..."
    What would MNS be without snide comments about Dundalk FC. I was wondering how they would cope as we were playing away and they didn't have the pitch to bitch about.

I wonder who the four coaches who have spkken to MNS are? Perhaps Cunningham can enlighten us?

McCaffrey has John Whyte and Darius Kearins as assistants, two good young coaches. Hats off to Johnny Mac, he showed some class in coming to Whites defence after Cunningham's put-down.

What would be the point club investing in young players without having good coaching staff?

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Dodge, I heard from someone inside SDCC last year that they were to make approaches to Pats about the possibility of becoming tenants in Stade de Robbie Keane, Tallaght.? Hear anything?
    I thought that idea was discussed some years back as an alternative to development of St Michaels House ? met with very strong resistence from fans then so could not see it being a runner now (nor would I see any great demand for Richmond as a development site, therefore little need to move Pats). Shels/Bohs (gulp) both likely to be looking for new ground in next few years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I would have said somthing in an mns thread but as there wasnt one i didnt bother but.. After a humiliating 6-0 drubbing McCaffery refused to talk to the media and i can understand why believe me it was that bad!!! It happens - Mike Phealan , David Platt etc have done the media leg work after EPL matches. Darius spoke on behalf of the management but if Con commented once he said it a number of times that McCaffery was out of order and obligated to speak, it irked me so i'm sure McC was peeved even more so. He refuses to entertain MNS as a result the following week and they make an entire analysis out of it (first oppertunity to get a message across to players?? B@llix!)
    I doubt McCaffery will be speaking to MNS Friday night either now. Kenny Cunningham's snide comment at the end was unbeffiting of him as the vastly superior pundit since MNS's inception! As WH said, the manager has 2 assistants, Whyte has been a player and subsequently an underage coach at the club for over a decade, Kierans was assistant the previous season and provided some (if little) badly needed continuity. Add Dermot O'Neill as goalkeeping coach and Martin Connolly, who has overseen a lot of underage successes and you have a fairly complete coaching set-up.
    5 coachs is not many considering the player footfall at Dundalk FC, the Barry Kehoe School, Emerging talent programme, underage teams, Ladies, and Senior squad, hosting and visiting schools and more!

There wasnt any MNS comment from Roddy so apart from the extratime stuff i wonder why considering the result.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 24/04/2012 at 4:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I don't think Kenny Cunningham was being snide, he was just making a joke. And it is weird that a manager would be sending an assistant out to do interviews unless he has the hump over something.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast