Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Gonna Win FAI Junior Cup 2004/05

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    does anyone know when the draw for the next round is on?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think the draw is on Thursday nite

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    whats the betting on 4 limerick teams in the quarters, when was the last time that happened? never I'd say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by widow
    whats the betting on 4 limerick teams in the quarters, when was the last time that happened? never I'd say
    Dont know if it has ever happened but I cant see why it wont..3 interesting games down for decision this weekend in fai concerning lmk teams. Pike should win as they are cruising at the moment esp at home, carew also will face a tough game but should come through, park and evergreen will be a much closer affair though and I think extra time might decide this one with hopefully Park coming through. The home advantage is massive and they are playing well.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guvnor
    Dont know if it has ever happened but I cant see why it wont..3 interesting games down for decision this weekend in fai concerning lmk teams. Pike should win as they are cruising at the moment esp at home, carew also will face a tough game but should come through, park and evergreen will be a much closer affair though and I think extra time might decide this one with hopefully Park coming through. The home advantage is massive and they are playing well.
    How can you say Park are playing well when they have failed to beat Charleville and Abbey Rovers in the last 2 weeks. They were both away I know but home advantage is not everything!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They might have had two costly weeks in terms of league points but they are not losing and are not conceding many goals - there problem seems to be scoring them. I dont see how they are playing badly??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Park rangers for me are a 'nice' football side. There in lies the problem. They will always do ok locally but have no real experince when it comes to the later stages of the major competitions (unless they watched a few semi's or finals)
    Stage fright my hit riverside park on sunday next with park conceeding early and chasing the game from there. If they conceed more than 1 then it will be out of the cup for them as guvnor has said they find it hard to score goals. It will pobably go to extra time but i would fancy evergreen to progress.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goals4fun
    Park rangers for me are a 'nice' football side. There in lies the problem. They will always do ok locally but have no real experince when it comes to the later stages of the major competitions (unless they watched a few semi's or finals)
    Stage fright my hit riverside park on sunday next with park conceeding early and chasing the game from there. If they conceed more than 1 then it will be out of the cup for them as guvnor has said they find it hard to score goals. It will pobably go to extra time but i would fancy evergreen to progress.
    They have found it hard to score goals this season - which could be the difference.They have changed there attitude alot this season, out with the whinging and in with the will to win. I dont think stage fright will happen as they have some experienced players in there team who have been around a while. No team will frighten them and cup football suits them but its the sunday morning league matches against Abbey in the league that they struggle with!! I think we will be looking at 4 limk teams in Q/F draw..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by handyman
    Park will win on sunday.They will be far too strong for evergreen.
    Lets be honest the quailty remaining is not good ... Crystal, Balla, Pike and Kilester its between them, Balla and Pike will go all the waY if the draw keeps them apart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Foot.ie!

Quote Originally Posted by widow
    anyone know anything about westport?
    Westport United are the oldest soccer club in Connacht founded in 1911 and they lent their club colours to Bohemians in Dublin. The current side have an average age of 23.4 years and are the Permanent/T.S.B. Super League Champions in Mayo, scoring 68 goals and conceding only twelve. Westport United have not lost an F.A.I. Junior Cup game in regulation time in 19 outings, the last was a 2-0 reverse to Ballymun United in the last 64 on 16th December 2001. Since then, they lost to Southend United away on penalties in the quarter final in 2003 and succombed to St. Kevin's Boys Club at home in the same fashion last year. In both these games, Westport could have and should have won in normal time. Westport is hugely regarded as a soccer town and the local followers of the game rate the current side better than the side that reached the semi final of the F.A.I. Junior Cup and the current team is seriously fancied to win it and there is a lot of money being backed on the Red and Black to win it outright at 8/1. The players relish the opportunity of playing Pike Rovers and they are not one bit afraid-if anything, they are CONFIDENT. The general message from the boys from the West is "Bring 'Em On!"
    Last edited by Thunderblaster; 09/02/2005 at 2:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by backodanet
    Wesport are the top team in Mayo they play summer soccer so all they have been playing in the last few months is fai or provincial cup they beat a cork side away from home last round 3 - 1 i think
    castlebar who where beaten handy in end 3 - 1 by balla are the second team in Mayo
    Westport also beat balla a few years ago at home in the FAI 1 nil balla were all over them but couldn't score......... think westport are stronger now
    Can't see them beating pike away
    It is very dangerous to underestimate Westport United because they are known to play better away and rise to the challenge of the top sides. Pike will not know what hit them on Sunday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irisheagle
    Lets be honest the quailty remaining is not good ... Crystal, Balla, Pike and Kilester its between them, Balla and Pike will go all the waY if the draw keeps them apart.
    the quantity remaining must be decent to have beaten 'the top' teams to get this far !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by handyman
    Park will win on sunday.They will be far too strong for evergreen.
    sounds like you have inside information or a wonderful knowledge of junior footie ??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Westport

Thunder
    I Wouldn't Say I Underestimated Them They Are Obviously A Good Side And Have An Outstanding Keeper From What I Remember But Pike Are No Bad Team Especially At Home They Have Beaten Fairview Twice Up There This Season
    We'll Have To Wait And See

Are The 3 Remaining Last 16 Matches On This Weekend

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backodanet
    Thunder
    I Wouldn't Say I Underestimated Them They Are Obviously A Good Side And Have An Outstanding Keeper From What I Remember But Pike Are No Bad Team Especially At Home They Have Beaten Fairview Twice Up There This Season
    We'll Have To Wait And See

Are The 3 Remaining Last 16 Matches On This Weekend
    All 3 remaining games go ahead this weekend. Park vs Evergreen is a 2pm kickoff in Riverside but I think Pike kick off early vs Westport.... around 1pm I think. Not sure why.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Foot.ie! Pike Rovers V Westport United

Quote Originally Posted by CousinSylDolan
    All 3 remaining games go ahead this weekend. Park vs Evergreen is a 2pm kickoff in Riverside but I think Pike kick off early vs Westport.... around 1pm I think. Not sure why.
    Pike Rovers V Westport United is confirmed as a 2:00pm kick off.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaster
    Pike Rovers V Westport United is confirmed as a 2:00pm kick off.
    Apologies lads, I stand corrected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Question Lack of Connacht Success in the F.A.I. Junior Cup

At the time of writing, there are two Connacht sides left in the F.A.I Junior Cup, Galway Hibs and Westport United. The last time a Connacht side won the F.A.I. Junior Cup was back in 1929 and it was the only time it happened. My theories on the lack of success in the province is based on the following:

Population
    The dominance of Gaelic football
    Weaker club structures than other parts
    Lack of soccer strongholds
    Weak local competitions
    Standard of coaching

Is there anyone that would like to add to the theory or rule out possibilities?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaster
    At the time of writing, there are two Connacht sides left in the F.A.I Junior Cup, Galway Hibs and Westport United. The last time a Connacht side won the F.A.I. Junior Cup was back in 1929 and it was the only time it happened. My theories on the lack of success in the province is based on the following:

Population
    The dominance of Gaelic football
    Weaker club structures than other parts
    Lack of soccer strongholds
    Weak local competitions
    Standard of coaching

Is there anyone that would like to add to the theory or rule out possibilities?

so what your saying is yee're a shower of GAA loving muckers ......... only joking sounds a bit like the SPL especaially in Galway and Mayo with only a 2 or 3 at most good teams and the rest struggle because all good players go to those clubs hence there no real competion in the leagues but this could all go out the window if wesport and/or galway hibs get to the final this year so i'd say wait to make judgements til then

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Qtr Final Draw

Can anyone tell me when the draw for the quarter finals of the Fai is on. I heard its tonight but not sure!!!!!!!!

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast