Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Gonna Win FAI Junior Cup 2004/05

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

favourites for fai

looking at odds for fai junior according to ladbrokes ballymun are favs @4-1
    while pike and balla are 5-1. since ballymun are not past the last 64 yet, pike are still at last 32 stage. balla with good home draw in the last 16 must now be favourites !!!!!!!!?????

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any update on the Ballymun case

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gaffer
    Any update on the Ballymun case
    Clubs will not be told of outcome until tomorrow but rumours circulating that Ballymun have lost the appeal and are now going to bring the case to court.
    Not sure how true this is and have not heard for definite but I suppose we will know a lot more tomorrow.

Park Rangers vs Evergreen has been re-fixed for the 13th of Feburary as Park Rangers had requested no game on the 6th cos some players are away that weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whistler
    Any Update On Granville Objection ?
    Will They Succeed ?
    Don't think they will succeed - as Gaffer pointed out earlier. I think it would be unfair on Crystal if the appeal was successful. If you have two objections against a player thrown out I think you can take it for granted that he can play in the next game. There was no reason for Crystal to think that playing this player was a problem having twice been told that he was okay. Itsd not this guy appeared out of the blue. Granville should take their beating.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    they might have a chance because the reason the previous appeals were thrown out was because they were not done properly
    think carrick were too late and east end paid incorrectly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Park Rangers vs Evergreen has been re-fixed for the 13th of Feburary as Park Rangers had requested no game on the 6th cos some players are away that weekend.

Just a quick note of the above. It's nice to know that the FAI can facilitate some players that are "away that weekend".

I'm sure if that was the case that any club who had a fixture and a "top player" away could they ask the FAI to postpone the fixture till another date ?

No disrespect to Park or Evergreen but if we were to postpone everygame that someone was missing, would the FINAL ever be played ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VAN THE MAN

Just a quick note of the above. It's nice to know that the FAI can facilitate some players that are "away that weekend".

I'm sure if that was the case that any club who had a fixture and a "top player" away could they ask the FAI to postpone the fixture till another date ?

No disrespect to Park or Evergreen but if we were to postpone everygame that someone was missing, would the FINAL ever be played ??

I just want to point out that Park rangers had requested the weekend of the 6 of feb to be free along time before they thought they would be in the last 16 against a good side like evergreen with the limerick league. The reason being that Park rgs are not just missing 1 player but quiet a few and a member of management so I think you might agree Van the Man that Park deserves every chance of getting to the last 8 and I think if this request has been put in along time ago, it should be facilitated. This request is not a major hold up for the competition unlike teams who are protesting their defeats.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Park Rangers or any junior club are not professional footballers. If they had a few players with other plans for the weekend of the 6th of Feb they are entitled to book a free weekend. As far as I'm aware Park had this weekend booked off well in advance of this week with a letter direct to the Fai and also the LDMC.

I think you might find that the Park/Evergreen Rd 7 game will be played long before the Pike/Ballymun/Bath Rd 7 game and in no will will hold up the final. From what I hear from Dublin this morning the 'Mun saga could yet go to court which seems crazy....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Ballymun appeal fails!!!!!!

This has just been posted on the Ballymun website by their chairman Bernard O'Connor. Pike are at home to Bath on Sunday unless Mun go to court.

The Appeal Board have rejected the appeal of Ballymun United and have supported the Junior Council's decision.
    Ballymun United will sit down over the next 24hrs and decide where we take it from here.
    Judicial Review is more then a possibility.
    I as the football secretary of this club will now offer my resignation to the committee of this club.
    I as a member of the Centenary Committee of the AUL will submit my resignation to the President of the League.
    I WILL NOT however accept that it is OK to lie, that it is acceptable to submit uncertified copies of minutes which contain lies (The FAI need to look up FIFA Statutues in regard to certified copies).When I asked that the minutes be "certified" as a true copy of minutes taken at the protest hearing, the reply given was " a come on your not saying that these are false as well", well yes I AM. I will never accept forged documents, people can bury their head in the sand and pretend nothing is wrong with the actions of members of the junior council but I will not. The FAI need to look at the implications of this decision, for in essence they are saying and compounding the fact that it is alright to forge a players signature on a registration form. Ironic that the CEO came out on National TV and said the reason many of the Eircom League clubs failed to get the UEFA "A" Licence was down to administrative problems keeping copies instead of originals. Well Mr Delaney you appointed an Appeal Board who not only supported copies and fax's BUT FORGED ONE's.
    A Full and factual statement with support evidence will be given to the National Papers and you can make your own mind up.

I find it both ironic and a smack in the face personnally from the FAI that on the day of our Appeal they release the venue for the next Amateur International - ARMAGH CITY. Of course they will tell you it was'nt us, the IFA picked the venue, well of course they did lad's.

If we do decide in the interest of other AUL clubs to withdraw from this:- then I would like to wish both Bellurgan and Killester United the very best of luck in the competition, I would also like to wish Bath Rangers the best of luck in Limerick, if we do not go for Judicial Review, I will say however we have evidence from the IFA that you did not receive the forged registration form, from their office's, and it would be in the interest of everyone involved in football to state exactly where you did get, I cannot accept that from now on evidence handed under the table either in a pub or workplace is the basis of,and accepted by the FAI who run football in this country, a protest.
    Finally I would like to apologise to the players and supporters of this club "for not playing the game". Stephen Hanna is not only a respected player but in my mind an individual who I trust wholeheartly,people serving on the junior council should take a leaf from his book,he has been totally honest in all of this and because of it you believe you have punished us, never, we will come back stronger and a better club for it, for we now know where the real dangers lie, in all of this" they(junior council)said you's broke the rules. What are the FIFA rules on the actions of council members, the qourum of council meetings, proper procedure in notifying clubs of protest's, should it be by txt message on Xmas Eve, should registered letters that end up in a StockBrockers and sent to the FAI by Courier be acceptable.You lied when you said you handed me the forged registration form in the room, if the members of Bath Rgrs are
    honourable they will say they seen you hand to me on the stairs when I was leaving the building. You lied when you said the copy of the registration form was sent down on the 15th December,IT WAS NEVER SENT DOWN,do you not accept the evidence that we submitted from the IFA that said it was never requested in the first place, of course you don't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guvnor
    I just want to point out that Park rangers had requested the weekend of the 6 of feb to be free along time before they thought they would be in the last 16 against a good side like evergreen with the limerick league. The reason being that Park rgs are not just missing 1 player but quiet a few and a member of management so I think you might agree Van the Man that Park deserves every chance of getting to the last 8 and I think if this request has been put in along time ago, it should be facilitated. This request is not a major hold up for the competition unlike teams who are protesting their defeats.
    i understand what your saying, it was just an observation on my behalf.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In one way it is good that Parks match is on the week after. Although it was great that all Limerick sides got home draws it is difficult to be in four places at once!!!

At least this way the people who are interested in watching the locals sides in the National Cup will be able to watch a couple of the last 16 gameson consecutive Sundays.

It will also help whoever gets Evergreen in the draw(sorry Park or Evergreen!!) as they will be able to go out and watch them that weekend!!!!

Should be a great match ... What odds 4 LK teams in the last 8?????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    At this stage of the competition it would be hard for anyone to guess the outcome of the last 8. This years competition is full of surprises.

But I can see Kilkenny / Limerick / Waterford & South Tipp been represented in the last 8.

But who knows !

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

vec v peake villa

At this stage of the competition it would be hard for anyone to guess the outcome of the last 8. This years competition is full of surprises.

But I can see Kilkenny / Limerick / Waterford & South Tipp been represented in the last 8.

But who knows !

peake villa to beat vec this saturday, will be close but if dublin officals give country team fair shake, villa to come through to 7th round

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Anyone know if the Pike game is going ahead this weekend or are Ballymun going to seek an injunction to stop the game taking place ???

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Rumours are ripe that Ballymun are seeking an injunction. I'm only going by the Mun website though and I'm not sure is it true or not...

Joke at this stage!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilhelm2
    peake villa to beat vec this saturday, will be close but if dublin officals give country team fair shake, villa to come through to 7th round
    Yea reckon so myself, i think they are good enough to beat VEC, but as you know yourself, Cup football is all on the day.

Mind you the winners have one of the better draws in the next round. Bellurgan at home. So that should get the twos teams fired-up for this fixture.

Will travel out there myself tomorrow and have a look at that one.
    Last edited by Van The Man; 28/01/2005 at 7:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

VEC v. Villla

Will go along to the VEC game too - should be good. Shold be able to post the score on the board after the game.
    "oh my, that was some beer we had last night, I think I feel like getting sick" Effin Eddie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry 'da' Wyse
    Will go along to the VEC game too - should be good. Shold be able to post the score on the board after the game.

Final Whistle just blown, Peake Villa bet VEC 1-0.

Peake Villa V Bellugran in next round. This wouldn't be new ground for Peake Villa as they had got to this stage before and are well used to it.

They should be favourites against Bellurgan at home next Sunday I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Thought Villa deserved the win - the heavy pitch didn't help to make it a rgeat game but then all pitches are poor this time of year.

Good sporting game though and bet PV are happy to get a home draw in the next round.
    "oh my, that was some beer we had last night, I think I feel like getting sick" Effin Eddie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Heard that Granville's objection was turned down. Hardly surprising given that the previous two teams that Waterford Crystal knocked out also had the same objections thrown out.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast