Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Gonna Win FAI Junior Cup 2004/05

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy
    Ya that would be nice ...I cant see it happening though ...I think Pike will beat Ballymun alright ...great to get a home draw..If Balla get over Micahels they could go a long way...I am backing Killester to win it though with Michaels and Crystal following closely behind...but i really do hope that an Ldmc team win it

What do ye know of this killester team then, apart from them winning prem a last year. any individuals to look out for etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Park Rangers visit to Sligo

As a limerick man living in Sligo i was delighted to hear a limerick team (should i say clare team) coming to sligo. Park should have no problems as i've diceys play and i've no idea how they are still there. Bottom of the 3rd division in sligo and reputedly known as a pub team. I'll eat my own hat if park dont get through. As for others, carew park have it tough in ballinasloe. Not sure about rest

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Park Rangers and Dicey Reillys

Morning Everyboby - I hope you all had a nice and peacefull Christmas.
    Dicey Reillys are bottom of the 3rd Div(4 Divs) and are really no better than a Pub team.Most of their players work or drink in the pub.They have one ok player but he looks like making the Sligo Gaelic team and therefore wont be available for the Park game.Overall Diceys seem to be out of their depth in this tie.But then again, it is a cup tie, a once off,it has to be settled on the day and what are the odds of the under dog wining this.

So all you lads in Limerick, are Park Rangers as good as you all make them out to be, will it be a cricket score or have Diceys any chance at all?

On another front, are there any odds for the competition and who are the favourities?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Park are not a bad side(who , as I have said in earlier posts I fancy to go well with a bit of luck!!) but in pure footballing terms would be considered , with the exception of Granville , the weakest of the LDMC teams left in the comp.

Balla and Pike have won major trophies over the past couple of seasons and Carew have also got a very experienced squad of players who have performed excellenty of the years together.

Park have won nothing and have always flattered to decieve. Will this year be any different ????? You can mke up your own mind if you go to the match in Sligo!!
    I do not know the actual betting but I am sure the bookies will give you odds on the Outright Winners ! Let us know if you find out !!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Objections

heard yesterday that carrick are back in and ballymun are out

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ballymun Out

Its Official,
    Stated on the ballymun guestbook.
    Bath Rangers have won the protest although ballymun say they will appeal.
    Interesting reading though..according to ballymun they broke a rule that isnt even stated in the rule book yet it states that if a player is sent off they automatically miss the next match, why didn't this apply to pike.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    it didnt apply to pike because the club has to receive written confirmation about any suspension and because they played the week immediately after they hadnt received any notification

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No sense

makes no sense to state that rule then does it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    well it does and it doesnt it was just pike got lucky that they had to play the week after, if it was even 2 weeks later they wouldnt have played

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bottom line is that Pike played by the rules and Ballymun have not. That is a big break for Pike and one of those things that might lead you to believe that it could be their year.

Home tie against Bath and a place in the last 16 beckons !!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I know St.Cormac's are a young side from the Wexford League Premier division who are flying at the moment. They're unbeaten in all competitions all year and have only drawn one game winning their other 14. Still Killester will be a very stiff challenge, any team that can win a division including Portmarnock and Ballymun like they did last year are bound to be strong......

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Killester are a decent side. Away from home they are vulnerable but in the AUL they will be tough to beat.

Pike could be waiting a few weeks so for an opponent as this carry on in Dublin looks like it will continue for a few weeks. Pike are on a decent run too so I would expect they will want to play asap.

It will suit Park to get Dicey's over and done with Sunday week and be in the last 16 nice and early. With some of the handy draws Park have got so far (bar 'Boro) you would expect them to continue and get places for once.

Bridge Celtic and Park Rangers could be 2 Clare teams in the last 16... Who knows....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can anyone tell me anything about Waterford Crystal. I know they reached the final a number of years ago but how are they doing since?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I just spoke to someone at the FAI and the official line as regards Ballymun and Carrick Utd are as follows:

Ballymun have been removed from the competition, and have until today to post off an official appeal to this. If they appeal, it gets heard on Tuesday.

Carrick failed to lodge an appeal in time with the FAI as to Waterford Crystals illegal player, but are still officially protesting against it.

Both issues will be resolved by Tuesday next.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I believe East End Utd have now put in an objection against Waterford Crystal. Why are beaten teams so bitter, why can't they just get on with it!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by The Gaffer
    I believe East End Utd have now put in an objection against Waterford Crystal. Why are beaten teams so bitter, why can't they just get on with it!
    Did people say that about the View when they were reinstated & won the competition last year........no & rightly so as if people can't abide by the rules they shouldn't be in the competition

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have a mate in Waterford and he told me Crystal are not breaking any rules! He also told me he heard that if Crystal are deemed ok to play the next round against against Granville, Granville are waiting to object also

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Granville will be easy pickings for any team of above average standard.
    I fancy Pike to win the competition this year

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poacher
    pike dont have the depth in the squad to win it theyll be out of it im the next round the fai wont be on the shannonside this year people
    So what are your perdictions poacher

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Of the four local teams in action this weekend I would expect that half of them will go through. The general consensus is that Granville have got their work cut out for them to beat WC.

Park seem to have got the easiest of the draws although they have a long way to travel for the game.

I think that last week will have taken a lot out of Balla but they will have enough to go through , just!

I think Carew are the team that will suffer the shock exit this weekend. By all accounts Ballinasloe are no mugs and they might just catch Carew on the hop this weekend.

You would have to fancy Pike at home to Bath Rgrs when(if) they meet and that would mean 3 local teams in the last 16!!(if my predictions are correct)

What do the rest of ye think ???

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast