Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Gonna Win FAI Junior Cup 2004/05

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersub
    Think that Pike will feel the loss of their suspended players against Ballymun.
    The game may not take place. Ballymun's defeated opponents in the previous round, Bath Rangers, have lodged an appeal based on the possibility that the Mun fielded an ineligible player.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb

As much as i would love to see a lesser well known team like Bath Rangers progress, I feel Pike are a team there for the taking and a meeting with Ballymun would end the hopes of one of the "FAVOURITES" - there is a lot of teams who are going along quietly who arent getting talked up much - There is a surprise winner this year I think! They will be from Limerick and it wont be Pike!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What about Killester ??They won the aul premier last year and the Leinster Junior the year befor ...surely they are in with a chance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

FAI Junior Cup 2005

What kind of objection do Carrick have in to the Junior Council ? Can they not take their beating and let it be like the other 600 odd clubs who have fallen out of this competition.

Maymount might be the quite team in this. They have to get over VEC first and then entertain Peake Villa who were semi-finalists in 2001.

What are Peake Villa like this year ?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Carrick have an appeal in against the player who scored both goals foR Crystal..He played LOI this year with Kilkenny so therefor he was illegal...I would say that they will win the objection and get back in...rules are rules...dont know much about Peakevilla ...saw them in the semi final in 2001 against the view and went 2-0 in the first half only to lose 3-2 so maybe they have got a bit more experienced and will do well...They had a very young team in 2001 ...Tommy Gaynor was there manager if i remember correctly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan
    The game may not take place. Ballymun's defeated opponents in the previous round, Bath Rangers, have lodged an appeal based on the possibility that the Mun fielded an ineligible player.
    Any news on this??

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    Any news on this??
    All I've heard since is that Ballymun may have been fined without receiving any further sanction, and that there may be a protest from Pike's previous opponents too?? All conjecture at this stage, nothing confirmed.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    When you look at the last 32(appeals included!!) matches it would seem that there will be a stronger last 16 than you would envisage given the fact that everyone is bemoaning the fact that all the top teams are gone.

All the teams that have been mentioned in the last few posts would have had a chance in previous years and I think that it will be a tough win for whoever comes out on top this year ...

The Limerick teams Pike , Balla and indeed Park will think they can go a long way but once the last 16 arrive I do not expect there will be many weak teams left !

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by dasher
    Anybody any tips........

Leeside (Cork) v Westport or Tralee Dynamoes
    played with leeside for a couple of years

very young side coming through now with 2 or 3 already in the oscar traynor aul panel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thecorner
    played with leeside for a couple of years
    And they're a much worse off outfit without you in in I'll bet !!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I fancy Park Rangers to go a long way this year. They have got an easy enough draw so far (apart from the 'Boro of course) and I will put my life on them beating that lot from Sligo!!!!!!! I think they will be hard beat and it will take someone like Pike, Killester or Peake Villa to beat them.........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    well park have already beaten pike in the league this season and have drawn with the boro 3 times so i think they are stronger than most people give them credit for

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I agree... They have made some nice additions this year (Shane O'Connor, Darren Whelan, Karl Scott) and their team spirit seems to be excellent (for once).

I'm not saying they are going to win it but it will take a good team to beat them I feel and Dicey Riley's are certainly not that.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    to be fair cousin they arent technically great, they battle hard and never give up but i do think you will find that a lot of limerick want them to be beaten cos they are one of the most hated bunch of players around,you have to give them credit as a team and a club but as players i just cant warm to any of them except phil purcell

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation

I have seen them play quite a few times this season including two of the games against the 'Boro and the Pike game and I have been impressed with the quality of players they have.

It is easier to dismiss them as they are from "Clare" and shouldn't be in the Limerick League but they have improved over the past few seasons and are a team that have earned respect of big clubs in league.

If my information is correct I believe that Balla are the only team to beat them this season(apart from Boro on pens in MJC) and according to a few of the Balla lads they got hammered for the entire game before getting two late(lucky)goals ....

In Jamie Cullen they have one of the most under rated players in the league. I believe that Pike , 'Boro ad indeed the 'View made approaches to him in the summer !!!!

Again with a bit of luck they could go a long way and I fancy them to be the last team from Limerick competing in this years FAI !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i dunno if you meant me supersub but i am not dismissing them cos they are from clare they do have some very fine players jamie cullen included but he is no robbie kelleher,jason o connor or martin o neill and when he plays in midfield he is no tommy barrett,brian lawlor, alan o keefe or dave o grady he is a key player for park but that is about his level which kinda proves my point about park not being technically great but great battlers which could see them go a long way but not all the way

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Anytime that i have seen them play they have played very good football and i think they will hopefully anyway go a long way best of luck to them and all the LDMC teams left...It would be nice to see it stay in Limerick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i agree entirely clownboy it would be great to see it stay in limerick i just cant see it going to park, id love to see carew pk go all the way for such an "unfashionable" club they have a strong side and id like to see them do well thats if pike dont win it, it would be some crack to see a southill final carew vs pike

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ya that would be nice ...I cant see it happening though ...I think Pike will beat Ballymun alright ...great to get a home draw..If Balla get over Micahels they could go a long way...I am backing Killester to win it though with Michaels and Crystal following closely behind...but i really do hope that an Ldmc team win it

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inexile
    i dunno if you meant me supersub but i am not dismissing them cos they are from clare they do have some very fine players jamie cullen included but he is no robbie kelleher,jason o connor or martin o neill and when he plays in midfield he is no tommy barrett,brian lawlor, alan o keefe or dave o grady he is a key player for park but that is about his level which kinda proves my point about park not being technically great but great battlers which could see them go a long way but not all the way
    Didn't mean you , just a general observation. I would have him in my team(in midfield) b4 Lawlor , O'Keefe(better striker) or indeed DOG(I have seen him a few times and has been anonymous in most of games) so maybe it is just as well I am not in management!! . Tommy Barrett would be the exception as I have not seen as much of him as the rest ....

Agree they are not the finished article but they do not get the credit they deserve.

I suppose we will have to wait and see but as with the rest of the posts I do hope that it is a Limerick team that brings home the cup(again!!!)

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast