Thread: Who's Gonna Win FAI Junior Cup 2004/05

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by widow
    carew park in the last 8 what a joke, fai isn't what it used to be
    fai is the same widow as it always was just think more and more side are preparing a lot better and being well organised,so called average teams park and carew still in it, will take a good team to beat them.
    park and carew to meet would be a cracker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Smile The Shock of the Round

Quote Originally Posted by striker
    pike rovers.....out what a shock whos the favs now,was it a convinsing win

Ballynanty are 2/1 favourites followed by Killester at 3/1 and Westport United at 4/1. Galway Hibs are 7/1, Waterford Crystal are 10/1, Carew Park are 12/1, Park Rangers are 16/1 and Bellurgan would be 20/1, I think.

Pike Rovers exit to be honest was a shock, certainly with the 3-0 scoreline as even Westport United supporters did not expect such a convincing win, though they privately fancied their chances at 1-0, 2-1 after extra time or penalties or last minute winners. Pike had the better of the early exchanges, but when Westport settled into the game, the Pike defence was given the runaround and the visiting defence was disciplined, restricting Pike to snap shots that went just wide or over. The midfield for Westport were very competitive and Pike were never allowed to play their own game. The Pike Rovers players were absolutely stunned after the game, having conceded three-fifths of the goals they conceded in their own league in one game and not conceding in the F.A.I. Junior Cup to date. Pike are a good side and got to the last 16 on merit and anyone that knocks out Fairview Rangers in the F.A.I. Junior Cup deserves merit of being a good side. The quarter final will tell how good Westport United really are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Exclamation Carew Park

Quote Originally Posted by widow
    carew park in the last 8 what a joke, fai isn't what it used to be
    Carew Park fans certainly would not see their quarter final appearance to be a joke. All the quarter finalists really cannot be that bad. It would be good for Junior football to see a new name on the F.A.I. Junior Cup, and it could be Carew Park's year as much as the other seven left in the competition. Remember, Greece were not meant to win Euro 2004 and neither was Denmark in Euro '92.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fai Draw

Is The Draw Still On In The Pike Club Ha Ha
    Heard It Is On In The Greenhills On The Sat Night When Balla Have They're 50 Anniversary Dance - Draw Will Take Place Before The Punch Up Sorry Punch Bowl Reception

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

come on ye pike lads give us yer veiw, don't be mad it happens ha ha

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How are Killester rated in Dublin??

Mayo junior football lacks a bit of bottle, bit like the gaa so westport will panic eventually.

Sneaky feeling for waterford Crystal myself, although it would take a solid team to beat Ballinasloe away so that would give Carew a chance.

I am putting a line thru Ballynanty, cause if they can only beat Galway West Utd 2-0 at home, they haven't a prayer, west are at the bottom of galway league -- www.galwayfa.net

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    How are Killester rated in Dublin??

Mayo junior football lacks a bit of bottle, bit like the gaa so westport will panic eventually.

Sneaky feeling for waterford Crystal myself, although it would take a solid team to beat Ballinasloe away so that would give Carew a chance.

I am putting a line thru Ballynanty, cause if they can only beat Galway West Utd 2-0 at home, they haven't a prayer, west are at the bottom of galway league -- www.galwayfa.net
    i aree carew could go all the way, things have gone right for them this year results wise,i think if things dont go there way their discipline could be a big facter if their to progress,
    balla could of beat west 10-0 never out of 1st gear would'nt read into that.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Waterford crystal are totally overated!! Saw them against carrick, they scored two goals from two attacks, the keeper was at fault for the two. They rely totally on a defensive formation, coming towards the latter stages the teams left should have enough to break them down. Although they have played every round at home so far except one i think, so if that luck stays with them, you never know. Balla have to be firm favourites now

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Waterford crystal are totally overated, saw them against carrick and they had only two attacks from which they two goals as aresult of two fumbles from the keeper. They are totally defensive with not much to show going forward, the teams left in the last eight should have enough to break them down. Balla must be firm favourites now what's their form in the league like?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    poor enough at the moment, didn't play well against west utd last week, and lost handily to the view on sunday, carew park and ballas discipline might be the ruination of them in the fai

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Talking Quarter Final Draw

Quote Originally Posted by backodanet
    Is The Draw Still On In The Pike Club Ha Ha
    Heard It Is On In The Greenhills On The Sat Night When Balla Have They're 50 Anniversary Dance - Draw Will Take Place Before The Punch Up Sorry Punch Bowl Reception
    Rumour has it that the draw is now switched to the Castlecourt Hotel in Westport following that historic result on Sunday. The idea is that there would be more atmosphere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Smile The Great Silence

Quote Originally Posted by striker
    come on ye pike lads give us yer veiw, don't be mad it happens ha ha
    The Mayo newspapers gave great reports on the match on Sunday, but looking at The Star today, there were reports and photographs from the Carew Park V Trim Ath game and the Park Rangers V Evergreen game. However, there was a major wall of silence on what was supposed to be the game of the weekend, Pike Rovers V Westport United. Had Pike won, would there have been a good write up in The Star? Probably better off anyway so as not to inflate the Westport ego on one of the most sensational results of Statoil/F.A.I. Junior Cup 2005 TM. The silence from the forum is undoubtedly deafening following the shock and horror after that upset. Pike supporters must honestly come out with hand on their heart and say on the forum that the better side won.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Smile Waterford Crystal

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin
    Waterford crystal are totally overated, saw them against carrick and they had only two attacks from which they two goals as aresult of two fumbles from the keeper. They are totally defensive with not much to show going forward, the teams left in the last eight should have enough to break them down. Balla must be firm favourites now what's their form in the league like?
    Waterford Crystal would be one of my tips for the semi final. Permutation allowing, my semi finalists will be Ballynanty Rovers, Killester United, Waterford Crystal and Westport United. Southend United two years ago were pretty defensive and rarely attacked but they always looked dangerous going forward. Waterford Crystal could be the very same as Southend United.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I heard last night that Westport brought 500 supporters with them on Sunday. Surely bull.... That would be 10 bus loads!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by CousinSylDolan; 16/02/2005 at 11:30 AM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Surely if the Pike supporters would come out of hiding and tell us about the match on Sunday they would also be able to confirm how many people the Mayo lads brougt with them ...

If it is true , then I am sure that a lot of teams would like to get a home tie against Westport for the gate money as much as anything else !!!!

Pike supporters , where are you ???????

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaster
    Waterford Crystal would be one of my tips for the semi final. Permutation allowing, my semi finalists will be Ballynanty Rovers, Killester United, Waterford Crystal and Westport United. Southend United two years ago were pretty defensive and rarely attacked but they always looked dangerous going forward. Waterford Crystal could be the very same as Southend United.
    I would agree that they are very similar to southend team of two years ago, defensively that crystal have an excellent keeper aswell. Southend, like crystal was a fluke and were eventually beaten by quality. You can't be beaten if you don't conceed but you can't win if you don't score, as far as iI'm concerned they don't have the quality going forward. I've seen them three times this year and was'nt impressed at all.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    was at the pike v westport game, there was definately over 200 westport supporters there, 10 bus loads?? some of them obviously drove.. away draw would be very tough, although they won't catch another team by surprise again

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin
    I would agree that they are very similar to southend team of two years ago, defensively that crystal have an excellent keeper aswell. Southend, like crystal was a fluke and were eventually beaten by quality. You can't be beaten if you don't conceed but you can't win if you don't score, as far as iI'm concerned they don't have the quality going forward. I've seen them three times this year and was'nt impressed at all.
    Take your point Kingpin but as we have seen with all other posts everyone seems to be pointing out weaknesses in the various teams left ...

The only teams that seem to be operating below the radar screen of this thread are Killester and Galway Hibs ... Anyone have any reports on these two teams ???

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    killester won the aul last year they can't be bad, winner is going to come from balla, carew, park, westport, killester

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersub
    Take your point Kingpin but as we have seen with all other posts everyone seems to be pointing out weaknesses in the various teams left ...

The only teams that seem to be operating below the radar screen of this thread are Killester and Galway Hibs ... Anyone have any reports on these two teams ???
    Saw carrick play galway hibbs in last years quarter final, they opened the scoring and played well reasonably well for the opening hour. Carrick went 2-1 up and their heads dropped. They eventually lost that match 4-1 to fitness and lack of spirit in my opinion, a good footballing side but they don't seem to have much fighting spirit when there up against it. Don't know much about them this year but its there second successive year reaching the last eight, i don't think there good enough to win it. They don't like a hard physical match!!

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast