Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 4: March 23rd - 25th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    A team like Sligo really makes you appreciate the gulf in quality between the first division and premier. I thought Monaghan held our own for most of the game, but were punished for one of the only mistakes made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufc2000 View Post
    Poor lad is going from ground to ground wondering what to do like all us GUFC/GUST supporters
    Supporters of a supporters trust.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Probably best that no-one tells you that Aertel had Limerick 3 Galway United 0 up for the most of an hour tonight then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuyahoga View Post
    How come David Cassidy didnt come on tonight for Shels. He was popular at Rovers when he was there under Pat Scully but he let him go which came as a surprise to the fans.
    Good question. He got a bit of a knock a couple of weeks ago and was out. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes but the fact that Mathews brought Anto Murphy on when Shels were 3 down and not Casso (Shels' best attacking player) suggests that he's still carrying an injury.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by born2bwild View Post
    Good question. He got a bit of a knock a couple of weeks ago and was out. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes but the fact that Mathews brought Anto Murphy on when Shels were 3 down and not Casso (Shels' best attacking player) suggests that he's still carrying an injury.

It was over at 3-0 (tbh it was over after 7 minutes) no need to risk your best player. I'm expecting Paisley and Cassidy to play against us next week. Hopefully they both pick up knocks in training
    Here on a technicality.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    The seemingly unstoppable Longford lead Waterford 1-0.

Harps game will be covered here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/finn-harps-radio
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Wexford lead at Finn Park.. another bout of the head staggers from the Harps "defence".
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    3-1 Longford now.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Finished 3-2. Deserved the win, completely dominated the first half should have scored a couple more. Waterford came back strong second half but didn't really create a lot. They managed to score two screamers though from Dunphy. Salthill next week, 5 from 5 a real possibility.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Hyland should have saved the 1st, shocking attempt, useless closing down also. The 2nd was a good'un but still savable if he was on his fecking line. Bring in Hunt for the next game I say, see how he does. Deserved win thou, disappointing crowd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,358 Posts
    I have no idea how Wexford managed to win tonight. We just can't seem to take any chances.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    Hyland should have saved the 1st, shocking attempt, useless closing down also. The 2nd was a good'un but still savable if he was on his fecking line. Bring in Hunt for the next game I say, see how he does. Deserved win thou, disappointing crowd.
    The gate wasn't much less than Athlone I believe and a lot less away support. About 350 there I'd say. Good buzz developing amongst the crowd though, a few faces reappearing after a long absence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    another bout of the head staggers from the Harps "defence".
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    We just can't seem to take any chances.
    Defence...attack...which one takes the blame?

Always good to hammer Shels, albeit thanks to their own mistakes, but they get punished at Premier level. I can't remember even Galway or Kildare conceding such comical own goal. There was a pause in play waiting for him to do something with everyone marked and then he just kicked straight at the goal. Great view of it personally too
    Last edited by dfx-; 24/03/2012 at 11:58 PM.
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Both are seriously deficient currently. We give up chances out of nothing, and when we get chances miss them. Apart from that we're pretty decent. Although in fairness our midfield isn't always great and our keeper has played better too.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    Totally disagree with this. Those two goals for Waterford were brought on by simple ball-watching. The back four trotting around like we're already promoted. The first one took a deflection which didn't help the situation either.

Hyland has been solid since the start of the season and I think we could have a new long-term keeper. He doesn't warrant being left on the sideline yet.
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,358 Posts
    Really, our first 11 should be beating most teams in this division. Defensively suspect at times, but with possibly the youngest backline in the whole league there's a lot to be said for experience.
    Midfield has been strengthened with the re-signing of Shaun McGowan.
    Up front you have the obvious talent of Kevin McHugh who is looking in the best shape of his career as far as I can see.

What's wrong is we're leaking soft goals through lapse in communication and the fact last seasons player of the year Keith Cowan is out injured who is the real leader of the backline and controls all there.

We are playing some lovely football, albeit against Athlone we were awful, but tonight and in previous games we played a bit of really decent football. Just seem to s**t the nest when we get sight of goal. Could have easily had 4 or 5 against Wexford tonight if it weren't for poor decisions in the final third and people capitalising on good crosses.

Graham Doyle made 3 or 4 very good saves too which also helped matters for Wexford who themselves didn't really have more than 2 or 3 chances in the match in total.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Does anybody know if the Pats-Bohs game is available worldwide on the rté website or is it just available in Ireland?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    Totally disagree with this. Those two goals for Waterford were brought on by simple ball-watching. The back four trotting around like we're already promoted. The first one took a deflection which didn't help the situation either.

Hyland has been solid since the start of the season and I think we could have a new long-term keeper. He doesn't warrant being left on the sideline yet.
    I wish there were replays available, watch his footwork when making saves from now on, the 1st one was very saveable, I did say they should have closed down.

The 2nd goal, like I said was a better goal shot and was less avoidable lets say. He made 1 more save I think which he actually could have caught if he fecking used his feet and took a step or two before attempting saves.

There was one point also, I think it was just after 13 and 14 came on for waterford (who both look about 15 years old but seem like they have bags of tallent). They had the ball just at the edge of the D, Hyland was out beyond the penalty spot totally in no man's land begging to be chipped. I don't get to half as many games as the rest of you probably do and that was the 1st time I've ever seen the lad play but I wasn't very impressed, he was grand with the other aspects of his play, he's decent with the ball at his feet, although none to convinced with his attempts to claim crosses either but he got away with it and at least sort of palmed the ball away each time.

I'm not saying hes crap and Hunt is better, but the Salthill match is a good time to give Paul a run out.

Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    The gate wasn't much less than Athlone I believe and a lot less away support. About 350 there I'd say. Good buzz developing amongst the crowd though, a few faces reappearing after a long absence.
    Atmosphere was good alight, Section O seems to be expanding a little too The crowds seem to be a good bit better than last year so far anyway, I just think we should be doing a little better, especially if the results keep going the right way, slow progress is better than no progress thou!
    Last edited by Acornvilla; 25/03/2012 at 4:32 AM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noddy102 View Post
    Does anybody know if the Pats-Bohs game is available worldwide on the rté website or is it just available in Ireland?
    You can watch it online. It's worldwide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    It was over at 3-0 (tbh it was over after 7 minutes) no need to risk your best player. I'm expecting Paisley and Cassidy to play against us next week. Hopefully they both pick up knocks in training
    Paiso? Sure, someone will be rude to him in the local shops and he'll be out for the rest of the season. I wouldn't factor him into your planning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast