Thread: Donie Forde Trophy Final

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Donie Forde Trophy Final

Douglas Hall v Rockmount

Fancy Douglas Hall to edge this one. Hopefully there will be a decent crowd at Turner's Cross and we get a good game.

The March issue of Back of the Net will be on sale tonight and you can read the full match report later tonight on www.backofthenetcork.ie

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Hall 3 mount 0...score says it all

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    Hall 3 mount 0...score says it all
    Any report?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el nino coro View Post
    Any report?
    All the hall from start to finish.should have been six.rerrible defending by young fella for mount for first.he was whipped after 50 mins and looked way out of his depth.took until the hall went two up for mounts "stars" to show some bit of fight but hall added a third and as I said could have been a lot more.hall having a good end of season,rockmount short of ideas and a shadow of themselves at the moment

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    All the hall from start to finish.should have been six.rerrible defending by young fella for mount for first.he was whipped after 50 mins and looked way out of his depth.took until the hall went two up for mounts "stars" to show some bit of fight but hall added a third and as I said could have been a lot more.hall having a good end of season,rockmount short of ideas and a shadow of themselves at the moment
    Ps before you tell me go away glenbuck,let's actually get an honest report from you and tell us what's going wrong with your team

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Theyre doomed as a club,nothing coming through and wont be able to rob players from other clubs anymore when they are winning nothing,best player definately on the move again in the summer i heard,a lot of people laughing at that result around the league id imagine!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el nino coro View Post
    Theyre doomed as a club,nothing coming through and wont be able to rob players from other clubs anymore when they are winning nothing,best player definately on the move again in the summer i heard,a lot of people laughing at that result around the league id imagine!
    I'd disagree there a bit coro.rockmount will always attract the good players but will have to compete now with 3 or 4 teams which makes it better for the league.can see big changes in their style of play this year which maybe a good thing for a spectator but from players that only know a long ball game it's just not suiting them.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Very brief report on www.backofthenetcork.ie

Would have found it difficult to write a proper report as it was dreadful stuff and I'm in a hurry to get out for a few hours.

Douglas Hall were deserving winners but this was one to forget in a hurry.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    I'd disagree there a bit coro.rockmount will always attract the good players but will have to compete now with 3 or 4 teams which makes it better for the league.can see big changes in their style of play this year which maybe a good thing for a spectator but from players that only know a long ball game it's just not suiting them.
    They will lose players in the summer chief,i know 2 already who are destined to leave,2 of their better players at that!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    I know the two players in question.....let's not forget to congratulate the hall on a good win coro.they doing well now after clearing out their bad baggage.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I disagree chief scout,Gareth Cambridge will be the last decent player to sign for RockmountI,they tried to play football at the start of year and had a dreadfull start,then players told manager were going back to long ball,got a few results but again hit a patchy spell,players there at d mo not good enough to be a top side at either style....billy Cronin would have always added a quality player in January,this year couldn't attract anyone,all bad signs for a club once run by only 1 man.."Cronin factor"....rocky road ahead for the mount!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Bad bad night at the office. Hall from start to finish. Things not well at moment with senior team but talk of demise of a great football club are foolhardy. A lot of hard work ahead. Everyone of the players need to have a good look at themselves after last night, Only a good goalkeeping performance kept the score down. Nothing else to add.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Very satisfying to get a trophy in a season which is clearly a re-building exercise. Delighted for the lads who came into the team from our Juniors - both scorers last night were regular junior players and goal scorers for the last couple of seasons.
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    What do u think of the way buttsey was treated glenbuck? I think it's scandalous lost a top player there. Manager being dictated to by the "stars" or what? Heard the dressing room was in support of buttsey aswell? Huge problems ahead for ye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Like your honesty glenbuck, can anyone answer me, how many of the players from both sides last night featured in the league playoff last year? The hall seem to have a real team spirit and it showed last night, look like there building for the future, the guy fox in the middle of the park looks a better player than mccarthy, rockmount look in need of a miracle, maybe the return of king billy??

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    First time for everything cici when it comes to honesty regarding people on here :-)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by six-yard-box View Post
    What do u think of the way buttsey was treated glenbuck? I think it's scandalous lost a top player there. Manager being dictated to by the "stars" or what? Heard the dressing room was in support of buttsey aswell? Huge problems ahead for ye
    What happened with Buttsey???
    Munster Senior League Weekly Predictions Champion 2010/2011

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cici900 View Post
    Like your honesty glenbuck, can anyone answer me, how many of the players from both sides last night featured in the league playoff last year? The hall seem to have a real team spirit and it showed last night, look like there building for the future, the guy fox in the middle of the park looks a better player than mccarthy, rockmount look in need of a miracle, maybe the return of king billy??
    Is this the same great team spirit that saw them get beat by Mayfield and corinthians ,midelton, malahide and practically every team they have played this year.Great win don't get me wrong but there squad just seems to lose there bottle every year after xmas .Wasnt overly impressed with fox in the middle of the park .Murphy up top looked twice the player fox did and even hackett looked more comfortable when he moved to the middle from left back .And the hall would wanna buck up fairly soon as they lingering lot closer to relegation every week

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznik View Post
    What happened with Buttsey???
    got dropped for alan o connor and walked out of the dressing room

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the hawk View Post
    got dropped for alan o connor and walked out of the dressing room
    Who hadn't been seen for a month an a half!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast