Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dail World Tour

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    Questions - who is in Brazil? Who is in Russia? Who is in India? Who is in China? The BRIC group (there is a new S I can't remember right now). I know for sure there was nobody in Russia, at a time when Moscow is hosting a parade (just under 10,000 on Stary Arbat today), a big push to open a greater market for Kerrygold, the Irish Film Festival, Irish Cultural Events and the President and PM wishing the Irish in Russia a "holiday" on TV news today - not one gouger from the Dail or Seanaid bother to come in and try win favour. It's an out and out joke. At the same time millions saw Ireland on TV here today without a website address on anything to do with Tourism Ireland - who told our Ambassador that they don't see this region as worthwhile. Great stuff.

Edit: I fully agree with politicians going away to promote the country, the problem is they're allowed back into Ireland, but still, they are promoting and schmoozing, but there is no direction in anything - like Ireland "certain to be an Olympic base". Crud!
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    Last year, the government relaxed the visa restrictions on Russian citizens visiting Ireland, and so more are coming here for this year's parade. That does a lot for tourism and the economy in general, without costing a Euro.

Ciaran Cannon got the Indian gig this year.
    The first post here tells you that Ciaran Cannon is on the China 'gig' this year. Varadkar I think was in India last year, but I'd agree with Spudulika, there should be far more effort made in China and India
    Havin a weekend away is quite frankly,lettin ur team mates down!

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,002 Posts
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...reaking15.html

Initial costs associated with ministers and ministers of State who spent the St Patrick’s Day period are estimated at more than €100,000 to date, although a number of departments have outstanding cost relating to the trips.

The cost of flying Taoiseach, Enda Kenny to the United States on the Government Gulfstream IV - under the Ministerial Air Transport Service provided by the Air Corps - was an estimated €66,325. This cost was borne by the Department of Defence.
    Gilmore had an economy class seat, and Noonan stayed at the ambassador's residence to reduce costs.

Not all costs in yet, but they seem to have made decent efforts to reduce spending, Gulfstream IV jet notwithstanding.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Not all costs in yet, but they seem to have made decent efforts to reduce spending, Gulfstream IV jet notwithstanding.
    Not sure I even have a problem with that, given his itinerary. Even Kenny hater John Drennan conceded he's had a hectic schedule on newstalk at lunch, and he wasn't even being sarcastic, when discussing his weekend performance. There were a few others that stayed with ambassadors, and used their transport for their trips. I'm sure some will continue "they're all the same" bs, but really it couldn't be more different to limo's between terminals that the last lot were up to.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12