Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.C.D. Game

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

U.C.D. Game

Were gone very silent again ---any body hold out any hope against the Dubs ---well i am forcasting a draw ---1 each Darren Murphy will be a big loss-but Andrews and Garreth at the back should hold the UCD. forwards ---while all we need from midfield and up front is the same commitment and drive they showed against Limerick ---what about a shock 1. nil win .

PELE
    pele

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    were 15-2 to beat UCD... worth a bet.

i'd say we'll draw,but won't coker be back??
    could come on and get a goal hopefully?

come on the rams!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yes!!!!!!!!!!!

1-0 half time!

REILLY YOU LEGEND!!!!!

COME ON RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

does anyone no the starting 11??

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ****!!!!!!!!!!!

1-1

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cobh v UCD Game

As i predicted a draw and from early reports we should have won --its good to see the form been carried over .
    Dont know the team yet --what i do know is that Reillys second yellow card was mistaken idenity on the Refs part and if we can afoard it than it will be appealed ---do not know the starting line up as yet
    PELE
    pele

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ****in ref!!!! reilly is just back from suspension!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Youz were absolutely blessed - we p!ssed all over youz and Tony Mac on his own could have had four or five. Report in the UCD section, but, though you are right about the red card (happened on 90 minutes, so it didn't really affect things anyway), there was a blatant penalty for handball for UCD, a Cobh player should have been sent off for pushing a UCD player in the face, another kicked our keeper in the face and was possibly lucky to have only been booked, we had four players through on goal and yet managed to screw up and other ridiculous happenings. There's no way you deserved to win. Most one-sided game I've seen in Belfield this year, which is saying something.

I thought youz had a bus half-full for the game? About four Cobh fans there...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Which brought the grand total to 95! Yes I counted, but you also seem to forget that we had a goal not given in the second half when one of our forwards challenged the keeper and he spilled the ball, it crossed the line, I was level with it and it was at least 6 inches over the line (if I was a UCD fan I would have been mad as I thought it was a foul but the ref didn't blow). But your're right we lived dangerously in the second half.
    Terrible crowd though considering your top of the league and just dumped City out of the cup!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michael
    Which brought the grand total to 95! Yes I counted
    148 when I counted.

You also seem to forget that we had a goal not given in the second half when one of our forwards challenged the keeper and he spilled the ball, it crossed the line, I was level with it and it was at least 6 inches over the line (if I was a UCD fan I would have been mad as I thought it was a foul but the ref didn't blow).
    All in the match report in the UCD section. Thought it was a free out alright, heard it was over the line, but the number of decisions against us far outweighed those against you. Our goal early in the second half should have stood, not to mention the penalty, the fact that youz could have finished with eight men and no manager...

Terrible crowd though considering you're top of the league and just dumped City out of the cup!
    Worst crowd of the season by a long way. Excuses include (apart from having a low fan base, which we admit) the change of date from the regular Friday evenings, papers and Aertel at various stages having kick-off down for 7:45, the Bank Holiday and, worst of all, Dublin playing in Croke Park.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

I made the Cork game on Wed, due to the change in time/date I was unable to make the game yesterday. The ref looked out for UCD on Wedesday, it's just one of those things, sometimes you get the rub of the green.

I'm delighted to have got the draw, but based on our track record a draw would have been the best bet in the bookies.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ucdvcobh game

By reports on the paper Cobh could have easily won this game ---in fact Dave Hill is quoted as saying they should have gone 2.nil up and then it would have been curtains for UCD. ----we scored at 1. nil up the ball was well over the line --but the goal was not given .It than would have been 2. nil . No luck but played excellent foothball .
    Heres hoping for a good Cup draw .
    Pele
    pele

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ya i heard we should of won.

hope we get a good draw tomorro!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bren
    By reports on the paper Cobh could have easily won this game ---in fact Dave Hill is quoted as saying they should have gone 2.nil up and then it would have been curtains for UCD. ----we scored at 1. nil up the ball was well over the line --but the goal was not given .It than would have been 2. nil . No luck but played excellent football.
    With respect Bren, that's complete and utter rubbish. I read the report in the Examiner, which failed to mention the myriad chances we had, the penalty we should have had, the goal we had disallowed. I don't know how Hill thought you could have gone 2-0 up as we were all over you for the second half until we scored the goal, having gone 1-0 down on the stroke of half-time. The ball over the line incident was at 1-1, not 1-0 and should probably have been a free out for a foul on the keeper. And the no luck bit is complete nonsense, though the good football charge is allowable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    I don't know how Hill thought you could have gone 2-0 up
    I think it's quite clear, Dave Hill is a ****ing idiot.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To Schumi the student waster ---you may not rise again

Whathave you got against Dave Hill and Cobh Ramblers .You had how many at the game last Sunday ---your ignorance is only overshadowed by your sheer lack of any grey matter between your two ovre sized ears --there the tho things on either side of your gigantic swelled head . Go to sleep a little while and try posting something for a change that isnt punctuated by the four letter word .
    Pele
    pele

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Whathave you got against Dave Hill and Cobh Ramblers.
    Hill spent the entire match mouthing off to the officials even though his team had the luck of the Gods with him. His team are a bunch of hackers who could have had three players sent off and he has the cheek to call them unlucky. This isn't a new problem with Cobh (they should have had two players sent off in the first game), but Hill does nothing about it.

You had how many at the game last Sunday
    What's that got to do with anything? What's your average gate? Were you there?

---your ignorance is only overshadowed by your sheer lack of any grey matter between your two ovre sized ears --there the tho things on either side of your gigantic swelled head.

Go to sleep a little while and try posting something for a change that isnt punctuated by the four letter word .
    Pele
    Try posting something that is actually punctuated first, maybe?

And after all that, you never addressed the issue of Hill and the Ramblers. Our keeper was nearly knocked out cold after a kick in the face, one of our defenders was pushed to the ground and Hill spent the whole game moaning. He deserves all the slagging he gets.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    football is a mans game...if your team cant handle it they shouldn't be playing!

now **** off out of this forum if all your gonna do is cry about dave hill!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To Schumi or Pineapple Stu--whatever ////////

Talking to one of the Cobh players +--we should have one 3-.nil ---Dave Hill is a gentleman and like all Managers is a great motivater and keeps his players going with contant encouragement from the sideline.
    I twigged why you dislike him so much ---while with Bohs he hammered your team every time he played against yee .Took me a while to figure out . Looking forward to beating the ass off yee when you visit Cobh later in the season Iwas talking to a guy from Ucd who told me yee never had more than 300 hundred at your games . Tough .
    Pele
    pele

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Talking about sending players off the UCD player who took out Kieran Reily was last man he should have been sent off.
    The player who kicked out at Kieran Reily should have been sent off.

Talking about Dave Hill what about Pete Mahon he never stopped moaning.

The Ref gave UCDeverything second half because they were diving all over the place.Cobh played some good football and I though the game overall was entertaining the UCD number 7 came in to the game second half and caused a lot of problems for the defence.

In 14 games UCD have only beaten Cobh twice andlong may that continue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Talking to one of the Cobh players +--we should have one 3-.nil
    B0llocks.

---Dave Hill is a gentleman
    B0llocks.

I twigged why you dislike him so much ---while with Bohs he hammered your team every time he played against yee.
    B0llocks. Bohs beat us 6-0 once and Pete Mahon was in charge. Don't hate him. Hill's a knacker who encourages his players to play dirty.

Iwas talking to a guy from Ucd who told me yee never had more than 300 hundred at your games.
    B0llocks. See the attendances thread. Still don't see why you brought it up either.

See you haven't got the hand of punctuation yet.
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 04/08/2004 at 11:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast