Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 attendances

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    550 official attendance at Harps - Wexford.

I'll guess about 10% of that will be in FP tomorrow night for the League cup game.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    I was at Mervue last night and my estimate was 185 including stewards, Last year in Terryland all season tickets were scanned in with barcode readers.
    I think Mervue are counting all their season tickets sold which could be around 150, my one is in the nineties. Leinster Rugby i believe do this as well when doing attendances. The average season ticket attendance in Terryland under GUFC last season was 324, the number of season tickets sold was 604. The attendances in Terryland last season included only season ticket holders entering the ground, Kids, Adults and students and excluded stewards, players, match officials and press.
    Soccerway agree with you, giving figures 185, 165 and 158 for Mervue's three home matches, but seem to back up Salthill's 347.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    Soccerway agree with you, giving figures 185, 165 and 158 for Mervue's three home matches, but seem to back up Salthill's 347.
    170 is what is down for Devon v Youths.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

well

Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    i wasnt at Mervues first game v longford but i est around 250 for the Limerick Game,

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Any figure for the Bohs v Pats match. I was at it, first time in Dalymount and what a glorious day for game of soccer. Pity about the standard of play, and lets have less complaining about the state of the pitch from the players and managers. If full-time players can't pass the ball better than what was seen today these guys are being overpaid. No surprise that the facilities at Dalymount have been neglected when massive wages were paid to players who simply did not deserve them or were good enough to be fulltime footballers. Pats very poor, and have no hope of the title if todays performance is any indication. A good result for Bohs and I hope all goes well for Callaghan as I used to watch him play for Crewe Alex a long time ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I was just wondering, did anyone hear a figure from the Longford Town - Blues
    game last night ?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Nothing official but somewhere around 350-400 would be my guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Nothing official but somewhere around 350-400 would be my guess.
    Terrible crowd really when you consider most people had Longford and Waterford down as the two teams to finish right behind Limerick this year and Longford, top of the league and on their best run in years.

For what it's worth i think Longford will finish in a playoff spot (too small a squad to pip Limerick for title) but I just don't see Waterford getting one.*

*it'd be some El Classico if Athlone kept up early season form and got to a play off with Longford!! Every chance of it in a very even first division.
    Last edited by galwayhoop; 26/03/2012 at 7:14 AM.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galwayhoop View Post
    Terrible crowd really when you consider most people had Longford and Waterford down as the two teams to finish right behind Limerick this year and Longford, top of the league and on their best run in years.
    I was actually happy enough with the crowd to be honest. It's all relative - compared to last year it's a marked improvement. Similar to the Clasico, but with less away fans, so Longford support recovering. A bit of buzz back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    I think Mervue are counting all their season tickets sold which could be around 150, my one is in the nineties. Leinster Rugby i believe do this as well when doing attendances.
    It's a common enough practice - I don't really think it's a stick to beat (either of) them with tbh. I know most UK clubs would do it automatically. Admittedly it's tickets sold rather than attendance, but the attendance can be manipulated with comps/ dirt cheap season tickets etc. as well.
    Last edited by Macy; 26/03/2012 at 8:19 AM.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    The recession has hit particularly hard in Longford too so that will have affected crowds to a certain degree but hopefully it's improving as Macy says.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    Any figure for the Bohs v Pats match. I was at it, first time in Dalymount and what a glorious day for game of soccer. Pity about the standard of play, and lets have less complaining about the state of the pitch from the players and managers. If full-time players can't pass the ball better than what was seen today these guys are being overpaid. No surprise that the facilities at Dalymount have been neglected when massive wages were paid to players who simply did not deserve them or were good enough to be fulltime footballers. Pats very poor, and have no hope of the title if todays performance is any indication. A good result for Bohs and I hope all goes well for Callaghan as I used to watch him play for Crewe Alex a long time ago.
    1423 was quoted on ET & RTE. Terrible attendance, though not surprised, as it was on a Sunday, match was on the box and it was a glorious day.

Nobody at Bohs is Full-time anymore. Would say the same is true of Pats. Doesn't excuse the dreadful football served up by both teams. You can only blame the pitch so much!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    1423 was quoted on ET & RTE. Terrible attendance, though not surprised, as it was on a Sunday, match was on the box and it was a glorious day.

Nobody at Bohs is Full-time anymore. Would say the same is true of Pats. Doesn't excuse the dreadful football served up by both teams. You can only blame the pitch so much!!
    Love the way this is used as a potential excuse for fans staying away! LOI fans use the rain and sun as excuses for fans staying away. Beginning to wonder if there's any weather combination that will convince them to turn up

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufc2000 View Post
    Beginning to wonder if there's any weather combination that will convince them to turn up
    An indoor arena with sprinklers switched on for the duration of the game perhaps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

and the imaginary wind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

suprised at the figure tbh, Jodi stand looked deserted, Pats support wasnt much better. id agree with you on the weather excuse as we dont get many great days in ireland and some people would make the most of it, but dont think the fact the game was on tv would have kept people away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by askmehoop View Post
    suprised at the figure tbh, Jodi stand looked deserted, Pats support wasnt much better. id agree with you on the weather excuse as we dont get many great days in ireland and some people would make the most of it, but dont think the fact the game was on tv would have kept people away
    Figure probobly about right. fact the game was on TV obviously a deterrent to anyone that travels to Dalymount from neighbouring counties or anyone counting pennies in these troubled financial times. Agree RE weather, ideal for watching a decent game of football (or even a Bohs / Pats game).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufc2000 View Post
    Love the way this is used as a potential excuse for fans staying away! LOI fans use the rain and sun as excuses for fans staying away. Beginning to wonder if there's any weather combination that will convince them to turn up
    Well at least you won't have to use the weather excuse this season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Supposedly little over 100 in Finn Park tonight for the league cup match against Mayo.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I would have thought Bohs' terrible start to the season kept their fans away more than the weather/RTE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    155 at RSC tonight

543 in Cork

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast