Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National cups 2012

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cool National cups 2012

Its not really in the spirit of the game for the powers that be to change the rules of the senior cup to suit the national league teams.It looks like a lot of club teams find themselves out of the intermediate cup and can now only play in the senior competition due to a rule change.as always Power is everything at the top
    Last edited by LmkSnr; 02/03/2012 at 1:55 PM. Reason: extra word needed

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes,totally agree,our club had a good run in the intermediate cup in the last two years and now find ourselves ommitted and TOLD not ASKED that we are in the senior cup,which is leaving us to seriously consider NOT entering this competition this year and just concentrate on our league and local cups...i believe its an open draw 1st round aswell..??

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What rules did they change? Also does anyone know the rules for players to transfer back to their own club from the national league teams?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cool national cup

Quote Originally Posted by quizzical View Post
    What rules did they change? Also does anyone know the rules for players to transfer back to their own club from the national league teams?
    Rules are on the fai web site under womens senior cup. I think every club should enter because it makes it to easy for the POWER brokers if everyone stays out.They want to prove that their is a gap between the national league teams and local league teams . Its up to everyone to prove that there is not.So anyone that finds that their club is somehow now in the senior cup please enter same.
    Last edited by LmkSnr; 24/03/2012 at 8:16 PM. Reason: word change

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cool senior cup draw

Women's FAI First Round Draw:

1 Kildare & District Football League V Ballyglass FC

2 St. Catherine’s LFC V Listowel Celtic

3 Caherdavin Celtic V Cabinteely FC

4 Lifford Ladies AFC V Wilton United

BYES: Lagan Harps & Raheny United FC
    FIXTURES TO BE PLAYED WEEKENDING 8TH JULY 2012

Three Limerick league club teams
    Lifford,Listowel,Caherdavin
    Small entry but best of luck all.

Can somebody post the Intermediate and Junior draws please
    Last edited by LmkSnr; 10/05/2012 at 9:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Intermediate Cup Draw

LEINSTER :-
    Preliminary Round (6 games & 2 byes)
    HOME TEAM V AWAY TEAM
    1 St. Patrick’s Athletic V Whitehall Rangers
    2 Eureka/Kells V Dundalk FC
    3 Peamount United V Ballymun United Ladies
    4 Glebe North FC V Bealnamulla
    5 Quarryvale FC V Leixlip United
    6 Shelbourne FC V Monaghan United Ladies
    BYES:
    Terenure FC
    Tramore AFC
    Round 1 (4 games)
    HOME TEAM V AWAY TEAM
    1 Quarryvale FC /
    Leixlip United
    V Glebe North FC /
    Bealnamulla
    2 Tramore AFC V Terenure FC
    3 Shelbourne FC /
    Monaghan United Ladies
    V St. Patrick’s Athletic /
    Whitehall Rangers
    4 Peamount United /
    Ballymun United Ladies
    V Eureka/Kells /
    Dundalk FC

MUNSTER
    :-
    Round 1 (2 byes)
    HOME TEAM V AWAY TEAM
    BYES:
    Killenaule-Moyglass
    Newcastle West AFC

CONNACHT
    :-
    Round 1 (2 games)
    HOME TEAM V AWAY TEAM
    1 Dunmore V Ballina Town FC
    2 Kilmore Ladies FC V Colga FC

PRELIMINARY ROUND FIXTURES TO BE PLAYED WEEKENDING 10TH JUNE 2012
    ROUND 1 FIXTURES TO BE PLAYED WEEKENDING 24TH JUNE 2012

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cool

St Catherine,s get a free ticket to the next round.walkover
    Cabinteely end up losing 7-0 on there trip to Limeric
    Quote Originally Posted by LmkSnr View Post
    Women's FAI First Round Draw:

1 Kildare & District Football League V Ballyglass FC

2 St. Catherine’s LFC V Listowel Celtic

3 Caherdavin Celtic V Cabinteely FC

4 Lifford Ladies AFC V Wilton United

BYES: Lagan Harps & Raheny United FC
    FIXTURES TO BE PLAYED WEEKENDING 8TH JULY 2012

Three Limerick league club teams
    Lifford,Listowel,Caherdavin
    Small entry but best of luck all.

Can somebody post the Intermediate and Junior draws please

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I heard last night that the 4 loosers in the Senior Cup are now in the Quarter finals of the Intermediate cup!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm looking for a bit of help here - does anyone know all the results from the first round of the Senior Cup?

Catherine's got a walkover, Caherdavin won 7-0 but I'm not sure of the other two.

I think Kildare got a walkover - they're in Round 2 alright but I'm not sure how they got there.

What was the result of the Lifford Ladies AFC V Wilton United game?

Also, does anybody have the full draw for the Second Round of the Senior Cup and the Quarter Finals of the Intermediate Cup?

The FAI website doesn't have anything at all.
    Last edited by Shankly; 25/07/2012 at 12:04 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cool National cups

Quote Originally Posted by Shankly View Post
    I'm looking for a bit of help here - does anyone know all the results from the first round of the Senior Cup?

Catherine's got a walkover, Caherdavin won 7-0 but I'm not sure of the other two.

I think Kildare got a walkover - they're in Round 2 alright but I'm not sure how they got there.

What was the result of the Lifford Ladies AFC V Wilton United game?

Also, does anybody have the full draw for the Second Round of the Senior Cup and the Quarter Finals of the Intermediate Cup?

The FAI website doesn't have anything at all.
    Kildare got a walk over from Ballyglass
    st Catherines got a walk over from listowel

Kildare v Caherdavin SAT 28th at 2 o clock in Castledermot KILDARE
    Lifford v st Catherines SUN 29 at 2 o clock Ennis

Nobody seems to know anything about the cup draws and it was more than an insult to read a full fixture list for
    the new National league season on the National papers and not a word to be found on any media about how the cups are drawn this year.
    Word is Cabinteely and Listowel were put into the next round of the Intermediate cup and Listowel gave a 2nd walkover.Something very wrong
    with the draws this season.Hope Lifford and Cahierdavin come through this round. Two excellent football sides that play the game as its suppose
    to be played. None of these players play national league but will put it up to the best of them
    Last edited by LmkSnr; 26/07/2012 at 8:23 PM. Reason: spelling

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Kildare got a walk over from Ballyglass
    st Catherines got a walk over from listowel

Kildare v Caherdavin SAT 28th at 2 o clock in Castledermot KILDARE
    Lifford v st Catherines SUN 29 at 2 o clock Ennis

Nobody seems to know anything about the cup draws and it was more than an insult to read a full fixture list for
    the new National league season on the National papers and not a word to be found on any media about how the cups are drawn this year.
    Word is Cabinteely and Listowel were put into the next round of the Intermediate cup and Listowel gave a 2nd walkover.Something very wrong
    with the draws this season.Hope Lifford and Cahierdavin come through this round. Two excellent football sides that play the game as its suppose
    to be played. None of these players play national league but will put it up to the best of them

Raheny United FC (B) v Lagan Harps

St. Anne’s Park
    Pitch 4

Kildare & District Football League v Caherdavin Celtic
    Mularney Park
    Castledermot

Lifford Ladies AFC v St. Catherine’s LFC
    Cassidy Park

Shamrock Rovers (SCR) v Castlebar Celtic FC (W/O)
    N/A

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

St. Anne’s Park
    Pitch 4 sun at 2

Mularney Park
    Castledermot sat at 2

Cassidy Park sun at 2

N/A
    Junior cup

Shiven Rovers
    V
    Mullingar Athletic FC ( Sunday 29th July at 3.00p.m. in Kilyon, Newbridge, Ballinasloe)
    Referee – Barry Blake
    Ass. Referee – John Mulroe
    Ass. Referee – Alan English

St. Joseph’s Girls FC
    V
    Youghal United (Sunday 29th July at 1.00p.m. in Pearse Park, Sallynoggin)
    Refeeree – Declan Troy
    Ass. Referee – Eamon Connolly
    Ass. Referee – Brian Tracey

Finglas Celtic FC
    V
    Murroe AFC (Sunday 29th July at 2.00p.m. in Kilshane Road)
    Referee – David Dunne
    Ass. Referee – Robert Byrne
    Ass. Referee – Eamon Behan

Duleek Ladies FC
    V
    Manulla FC (Sunday 29th July at 2.30p.m. in MDL Grounds, Trim Road)
    Referee – Peter Dowling
    Ass. Referee – Mark Connor
    Ass. Referee – William Scully

Strange st josephs girls won the junior cup last year so i do not understand how the CLUB is allowed in the same competition this season.
    Last edited by LmkSnr; 26/07/2012 at 10:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cool senior cup

St. Anne’s Park
    Pitch 4

Mularney Park
    Castledermot

Cassidy Park

N/A
    Kildare League 1 v 3 CAHERDAVIN FC
    Lifford ladies 4 v 2 st Catherines extra time. 2-2 full time.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Junior cup

Strange st josephs girls won the junior cup last year so i do not understand how the CLUB is allowed in the same competition this season.
    Hiya, I've just checked that one up myself. Its a strange one alright.

FAI Competitions Rule book 2012 (Womens) Rule 7(g) The following teams can only participate in the Senior/Intermediate Cup: Teams playing in the 2nd or lower divisions of a league with 3 or more divisions with the exception of teams in the lowest division. The teams in the top division of a league with 2 divisions. The finalists in the previous 3 years of the junior cup. Teams which finished in the top half of single division leagues. All other teams can participate in the junior cup Anyone got any suggestions as to why St Josephs last years winners of the Junior Cup are playing in the Junior Cup again this year? While the runners up from last year, (Dunmore) are playing in the intermediate cup. Also, both finalists from the Intermediate cup from last year are playing in the senior cup this year, (Ballyglass & Raheny). Puzzling.

ACV

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    By the way, results from the Junior Cup Quarter Finals:

Shiven Rovers 0 Mullingar Athletic 3
    St Josephs Girls 6 Youghal Utd 1
    Finglas Celtic 1 Murroe AFC 8
    Duleek Ladies 1 Manulla FC 3

ACV

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by a country voice View Post
    By the way, results from the Junior Cup Quarter Finals:

Shiven Rovers 0 Mullingar Athletic 3
    St Josephs Girls 6 Youghal Utd 1
    Finglas Celtic 1 Murroe AFC 8
    Duleek Ladies 1 Manulla FC 3

ACV
    Both finalists in the Intermediate cup must play in the senior cup for the next 3 years
    Both finalists in the Junior cup must play in the Intermediate cup for the next 3 years.

St Josephs girls not only Won the junior cup last season.They were also named Bray/st josephs as one of the teams to start the National league last season.BUT this fell through before the national league started.
    So it is such a suprise to find them as a junior team this year when they were looking to try enter the National Senior league

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dunmore who lost to to St Josephs last year were told they had to go into the intermediate cup. They did question why St josephs were in the Junior cup, not sure of response they got.

Still waiting to hear why the losers of the Senior cup were allowed into the intermediate cup despite no club knowing it was going to happen.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzical View Post
    Dunmore who lost to to St Josephs last year were told they had to go into the intermediate cup. They did question why St josephs were in the Junior cup, not sure of response they got.

Still waiting to hear why the losers of the Senior cup were allowed into the intermediate cup despite no club knowing it was going to happen.
    If anyone is involved with Dunmore, or knows anyone in Dunmore, it would be great to hear the response they got wouldn't it?
    It seems straightforward and black and white to me in the rule.
    ACV

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The FAI have made a complete and utter mess of this years Intermediate and Junior Cups. They have made some absolutely unbelievably dreadful decisions that not only break their own rules but also contradict other decisions that they have made in the same competitions! Yet they continue to get away with it and just carry on as if nothing's wrong.

Here are a list of the stupid senseless decisions that I have come across from this years competitions. There are probably more that I don't know about. If anyone else knows any others then just add them to the list.

1. Both Bealnamulla and Peamount's second team were allowed to play in the Intermediate Cup despite the fact that both of them play in the Premier division of the DWSL. This breaks rule 7 (f) (i) of the FAI's competition rules which states -

The following teams can only participate in the Senior Cup Competition:
    Teams playing in the FAI Women’s National League;
    Teams playing in the most senior division of a league with 3 or more divisions;
    The finalists of the previous three years in the Senior Cup and the Intermediate Cup Competitions;

The DWSL Premier division is the most senior division of the DWSL (which has far more than 3 divisions) so how is it they are allowed to play in the Intermediate Cup? This is exactly the question I asked the Secretary of the Competitions Committee and here is the reply I got -

Hi,
    All clubs were checked on their finishing league positions as per request some time ago. Bealnamulla and Peamount’s second team will be in the Senior cup in 2013 as they will play in the premier division in 2012.
    All grading was done in conjunction with local league secretaries and representatives and based on the information to hand at the time.
    You are reading the rules correctly, and I will take your concerns to the competitions committee for discussion.
    Best regards,

This just not make sense at all. How can they be put in next years Senior Cup because of this years league??? The rule says "Teams playing in the most senior division" it doesn't say "teams who played last year in the most senior division". Take the example of Dundalk. They played in the DWSL Premier Division in 2011 but they got relegated so they played in the 2012 Intermediate Cup. The Intermediate Cup was the right place for Dundalk to play because they are no longer a Premier team but according to the explanation I got they should've been in the Senior Cup because they played in Premier last year?!! This years Cups should be based on this years leagues - not last years. What happens if either Bealnamulla or Peamount get relegated out of the Premier Division this year? (According to the DWSL website they are currently 2nd last and 3rd last so it is very possible one of them could be relegated). Will they still be told that they have to play in the Senior Cup? Even though I have it in writing from the FAI that they will be in the Senior Cup (and you all have seen it) I will bet you any money you like that if either of these teams get relegated out of Premier they will not be playing in the Senior Cup in 2013.

This decision also breaks rule 7(d) which states -
    A player who is registered with a “senior” team is not eligible to compete in the Intermediate or Junior Cup competitions.

All teams in the DWSL Premier division are "senior" teams so that means any players who are registered with them can not play in the Intermediate or Junior Cup competitions. Going by this rule every single player that Bealnamulla or Peamount used in the Intermediate Cup were not eligible to play.

2. St. Joseph's being allowed to play in the Junior Cup
    As was pointed out in a previous post above this breaks rule 7 (g) which states -

The following teams can only participate in the Senior and/or Intermediate Cup:
    Teams playing in the second or lower divisions of a league with 3 or more divisions with the exception of teams in the lowest division;
    The teams in the top division of leagues with two divisions;
    The finalists of the previous three years in the Junior Cup;
    Teams which finished in the top half of single Division leagues

How is it the FAI applied their rule in the case of Dunmore but don't apply it to St. Joeys who actually won the cup? Very strange indeed. There is a similar rule about the Intermediate Cup Finalists having to play in the Senior Cup for 3 years and this was correctly applied to both Ballyglass & Raheny.

3. The losers from the first round of the Senior Cup being put into the quarter final of the Intermediate Cup

This is very bizarre indeed. Especially when, as far as I can find out, none of the teams playing in either the Senior or Intermediate Cups were aware of this. Who made this decision? When was it made? Why weren't the clubs notified?

There is no mention of it at all in the Competition rules so how can they just bring it in?

This decision completely undermines the Intermediate Cup. What they have done here is created a situation whereby there is no point in entering the Intermediate Cup. All you have to do is enter the Senior Cup, lose (or give a walkover) and you bypass all the early rounds of the Intermediate Cup and go straight into the quarter finals.

Take this year for example. My own club had to play 3 rounds in the Intermediate Cup (Preliminary, Rounds 1 and 2) and we only got beaten in extra time in our third match. We got beaten and knocked out which is fair enough. What is not fair is that Cabinteely have only played one game (which they lost 7-0) and they have got a free passage now all the way to the semi finals! What makes it even harder to fathom is the fact that Cabinteely are also a "senior" team who play in the DWSL Premier so by the FAI's own rules they are not even eligible to play in the Intermediate cup! So now they have been given a free passage all the way to the semi finals of a competition they did not enter and are not supposed to be in!

Could no one on the competitions committee or in the FAI see that all theses decisions are breaking their own rules? Did nobody have the cop on just to say "No - we can't do that". Or worse still did they know they were breaking their own rules and just ignore it? Did they think we are all that stupid that we wouldn't notice? Or is this just the FAI thinking that they can do what they like and we just have to accept it? Do you think for one second this would be accepted or tolerated if these type of decisions were made in the Men's Intermediate or Junior Cups? I would love to have a meeting between the FAI and all the clubs where they should be made to explain to us why these decisions were made and what was the the thinking behind them. What I would also like to find out is who is on these FAI committees that make these rules and these decisions and what club affiliations do they have. I bet that would tell an interesting story.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shankly View Post
    3. The losers from the first round of the Senior Cup being put into the quarter final of the Intermediate Cup

This is very bizarre indeed. Especially when, as far as I can find out, none of the teams playing in either the Senior or Intermediate Cups were aware of this. Who made this decision? When was it made? Why weren't the clubs notified?

There is no mention of it at all in the Competition rules so how can they just bring it in?
    Our club only found out when they sent out the fixtures for the quarter finals. We thought we were in semi-final. Contacted our representative who told us it was in the rules for this year which obviously it's not. We were then told it was ratified at a meeting in Feb. We requested these minutes through the correct channels and still have heard nothing. Nearly 4 weeks ago...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast