Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: National cups 2012

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm not really that surprised that they haven't got back to you.

If you have a look at rule 20 in the rules they issued it says -

Competitions Committee may alter Rules
    26. The Competitions Committee shall have power to alter the FAI Women’s National Cup Rules but in no case
    shall they do so until after the final match has been played.

To me that says they can't introduce new rules until the competition is over but that's just exactly what they've done.

I don't like to keep harping on about rules but if you or me broke any of them they'd come down heavy on us yet they can make up and break rules whenever they want and just expect us to accept it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a country voice View Post
    If anyone is involved with Dunmore, or knows anyone in Dunmore, it would be great to hear the response they got wouldn't it?
    It seems straightforward and black and white to me in the rule.
    ACV
    Dunmore joined the Galway League this year from the Roscommon league. Galway FA automatically entered them into the Junior Cup. Connacht Rep than rang them and told them they had to enter the interdmediate cup which they were fine with. Fixtures came out then and they saw that St. Josephs were still in the Junior Cup. They sent a few e-mails before they got a response. Response basically was 'Oversight on our behalf. Sorry!'

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by quizzical View Post
    Dunmore joined the Galway League this year from the Roscommon league. Galway FA automatically entered them into the Junior Cup. Connacht Rep than rang them and told them they had to enter the interdmediate cup which they were fine with. Fixtures came out then and they saw that St. Josephs were still in the Junior Cup. They sent a few e-mails before they got a response. Response basically was 'Oversight on our behalf. Sorry!'
    FAI womens branch are a serious bad unit and have been for quite a few years.This years cups are choped and changed to suit the new national league.In the past every club knew where they stood in relation to the draws and if you were lucky enough to make one of the FINALS you played in the higher competition for the next 3 years.Cup draws were attended by clubs involved also.This year is a farce Wilton have been beaten by Lifford in the senior cup find themselves in the intermediate final. While Lifford find themselves in the last 8 v near neighbours Caherdavin in the senior both having played and won 2 games each.These clubs thought they were already semi finalists having watched the earlier rounds.Now enter the Pride of the FAI the national teams having not played any games,Is the standard of football so great at league level that they have to be protected in the earlier rounds and the last 8 by the greatest of luck or unluck that the 2 limerick leag teams just happened to draw each other.I THINK NOT. This would not happen in the mens game because the clubs involved would go to the courts.St Josephs could only enter the intermediate cup this year and some club should test this in court.Strange st Josephs got caught plaiying over age players in the u16 cup a few years ago and the rule was bent to allow this to happen for one year.FAIRNESS through sport my arse.
    Last edited by LmkSnr; 26/08/2012 at 7:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Anyone know result of Manulla V St Jospehs? Was meant to have been on last Sunday.

Should this issues be reported to national media? We all know we will never get a response from the WFAI.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    St Josephs won. Absolute joke. They're a nice bunch of girls and the people who run the club are a decent hard working bunch but they should never have been in the competition. As far as I remember they shouldn't have even been in last years competition (because of the division they were in) let alone this years.

I think the national media would be the perfect place to go with this.

It might then force the WFAI to give us some answers.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shankly View Post
    St Josephs won. Absolute joke. They're a nice bunch of girls and the people who run the club are a decent hard working bunch but they should never have been in the competition. As far as I remember they shouldn't have even been in last years competition (because of the division they were in) let alone this years.
    That may be so but they can read the rules like the rest of us. Wilton won the intermediate cup yesterday. Another absolute joke. The WFAI are just breaking all their own rules. As runners up of the senior cup last year they are obliged to say in the senior cup for 3 years.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Both this years competitions ended up as a complete farce.

Three of the four finalists (Wilton, Peamount and St. Josephs) shouldn't have been allowed in the competitions under the FAI's own rules and the winners of the Intermediate Cup didn't even enter the competition in the first place! They were handed a quarter final place in the Intermediate cup by virtue of losing their first round match in the Senior cup. This goes beyond a joke.

The least the WFAI should do is have a meeting where any interested clubs can attend and we can see just who made these decisions and they can explain why they made them.

If anybody is interested in trying to organise a meeting along these lines let me know. If enough people are interested I'll contact the WFAI and see what they say.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cool

Three of the four finalists (Wilton, Peamount and St. Josephs) shouldn't have been allowed in the competitions under the FAI's own rules and the winners of the Intermediate Cup didn't even enter the competition in the first place! They were handed a quarter final place in the Intermediate cup by virtue of losing their first round match in the Senior cup. This goes beyond a joke.

The least the WFAI should do is have a meeting where any interested clubs can attend and we can see just who made these decisions and they can explain why they made them.

If anybody is interested in trying to organise a meeting along these lines let me know. If enough people are interested I'll contact the WFAI and see what they say.
    I really find it hard to believe how thes cup competitions can be run so badly.Now with the National league up and running how are these rules are still broken is just giving the fingers to people who put long hours into the womens game.Can anyone anywhere justify how 2 National leaugues teams failed to field teams at he Quater final stage when they had 3 months to prepare.Castlebar and Cork ladies gave WALKOVERS at the weekend when they were included in the senior cup at the latter stages.Raheny and Peamount now contest the semi finals without kicking a ball.Lifford beat Caherdavin 2-1 to go through but it was the 3 match these 2 teams have played in the senior cup.Its sad to have one of these teams go out with other teams in the semi,s without playing.National media should take a look at the womens game its a shambles.Remember the fanfare the National league began on 26th Aug but 2 teams failed to plat on 2nd Sept.It shows why everbody involved in the mens game really looks on the womens as a JOKE. Sad but one cant defend it on this years Fiasco.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

agree with the sentiment of your post but if Wilton entered the Sen cup and then were dropped into the inter cup as per sen cup rules how should they not have been allowed win the inter? I do agree its strange you can drop from senior to inter
    Joey's situation is just ridiculous
    How were peamount ineligible for the final?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LmkSnr View Post
    I really find it hard to believe how thes cup competitions can be run so badly.Now with the National league up and running how are these rules are still broken is just giving the fingers to people who put long hours into the womens game.Can anyone anywhere justify how 2 National leaugues teams failed to field teams at he Quater final stage when they had 3 months to prepare.Castlebar and Cork ladies gave WALKOVERS at the weekend when they were included in the senior cup at the latter stages.Raheny and Peamount now contest the semi finals without kicking a ball.Lifford beat Caherdavin 2-1 to go through but it was the 3 match these 2 teams have played in the senior cup.Its sad to have one of these teams go out with other teams in the semi,s without playing.National media should take a look at the womens game its a shambles.Remember the fanfare the National league began on 26th Aug but 2 teams failed to plat on 2nd Sept.It shows why everbody involved in the mens game really looks on the womens as a JOKE. Sad but one cant defend it on this years Fiasco.
    Farcical just about describes it. You can go further - Rovers also gave a w/o to castlebar in the opening rd, Raheny B gave a w/o to Wexford (I think having just won DWSL Prem?) so presumably Raheny had first team players with their B team? National league? Wouldn't happen in the DDSL
    SO its quite likely that a National cup will be won by either Raheny or Peamount in their 2nd game in the competition, assuming there are no more walkovers!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro m View Post
    agree with the sentiment of your post but if Wilton entered the Sen cup and then were dropped into the inter cup as per sen cup rules how should they not have been allowed win the inter? I do agree its strange you can drop from senior to inter
    Joey's situation is just ridiculous
    How were peamount ineligible for the final?

Both Peamount and Wilton were ineligible for the Intermediate Cup under the same rule of the FAI's own rules for this years National Cup competitions - Rule 7 (f)

(f) (i) The following teams can only participate in the Senior Cup Competition:
    Teams playing in the FAI Women’s National League;
    Teams playing in the most senior division of a league with 3 or more divisions;
    The finalists of the previous three years in the Senior Cup and the Intermediate Cup Competitions;

Both Peamount and Wilton play in the top division of a league with 3 or more divisions - the Dublin Womens Soccer League and the Cork Womens and Schoolgirl Soccer League respectively.

In the case of Wilton there are two other reasons why they shouldn't be allowed in the Intermediate Cup -
    1. They were a finalist in the 2011 Senior Cup
    2. The rule whereby the losers from the Senior Cup could drop down into the Intermediate Cup was not included in the FAI's Rules for National Competitions 2012 that were published and distributed to all clubs. As it states in these rules -

Competitions Committee may alter Rules
    26. The Competitions Committee shall have power to alter the FAI Women’s National Cup Rules but in no case shall they do so until after the final match has been played.

What this means (my understanding of it anyway) is that unless a rule is included in the published Competition Rules for any particular year it can't be used in that years competition and can't be introduced until the competition is over.

When they were asked about this rule they said it was ratified in February. One club has asked to see the minutes of the meeting where this decision was ratified but they haven't been forthcoming as yet. The FAI didn't inform anyone of this decision and it wasn't included in this years rules which were published on the FAI website on 24th April this year.

Therefore the rule whereby the losers from the Senior Cup could drop down into the Intermediate Cup should not have been used this year.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Taken directly from the FAI website - St Joseph’s Girls retain FAI Umbro Women’s Junior Cup.
    'Their win in 2011 meant that they were unable to call on any of that squad for the 2012 campaign but such is the strength in depth available to the Sallynoggin club that their management team of Christy Dodd, Thomas Watson, Mick Patton and Philip Henry were able to build a winning side around the squad which won the FAI Umbro Women's U16 Cup last year.'

This is their justification of being allowed to play in the Junior cup again. As far as I am aware there is no rule that states that you can stay in the same Cup as long as you have a completely new set of players. And an even bigger question is where is a full team of players gone since last year?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12