Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: John Courtney $$$$$???????

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

John Courtney $$$$$???????

On yesterdays sun john courtney (guy who just sold carlisle at a loss) from dublin was quoted as saying he had no interset in the immediate future of buying rovers. as eircom league clubs arent attractive as buisness investment. he said only club with potential would be cork city.
    firstly its good to be acknowleged and secondly i hope next wk at citys buisness forum others may have same mentality and put there money where there mouth is.......
    Eskimos pussys are very cold.......

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If he invests money, it will be with $h£l$. They have the champions league spot, are on course for it again this year, and have a tie in with Man Ure.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    why would he say city would be the only club worth investing in.but i was stressing the point that some home based buiness men might invest with this open day coming up.
    Eskimos pussys are very cold.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Its obvious that City have the biggest potential from a business perspective as they have the biggest following and therefore the most €€€€€€€ potential. I know shels have the Champions League spot but the big money only comes when they beat Deportivo. Which I doubt. They were unlucky to get such a big team.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynninio
    On yesterdays sun john courtney (guy who just sold carlisle at a loss) from dublin was quoted as saying he had no interset in the immediate future of buying rovers. as eircom league clubs arent attractive as buisness investment. he said only club with potential would be cork city.
    firstly its good to be acknowleged and secondly i hope next wk at citys buisness forum others may have same mentality and put there money where there mouth is.......
    I wonder did anyone say "I told you so" to him after he sold Carlisle!
    And it appears Rovers could do with the money if they can't pay some of the players wages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc
    I know shels have the Champions League spot but the big money only comes when they beat Deportivo. Which I doubt. They were unlucky to get such a big team.
    A bit presumptious, I feel....The croats will adapt their game accordingly, knowing a draw or better puts them through. My moneys on Split....unfortunately..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    A bit presumptious, I feel....The croats will adapt their game accordingly, knowing a draw or better puts them through.
    Exactly!! I was just sayin that shels aren't a better investment just cos they're in the CL qualifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    If he invests money, it will be with $h£l$. They have the champions league spot
    What I meant was that the big money only comes when you get to the group stages. And I was saying they prob won't beat Depor, but they may not beat split either, like you said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    they will still make a nice number out of the game if they get through.full house plus tv money.500k to 750k i'd be thinking they would make from those two
    Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months