Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cup Replay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Cup Replay

Hi Lads:

What a night of conflicting emotions that was. Thought we were there but once again snatched defeat from the jaws of Victory.

What enraged me after the match was meeting one of our great leaders who was smiling when he said that it was a great match even if we lost it. This was about 10mins after our season offically ended. I advised him of my thoughts re the club management and that we were an embarrassment to the LOI. The Cobh Fans were laughing at us as we changed Keepers mid game.

The Lads did their best on the pitch. Jimmy saved 2 pens as well. We had an extra man for the whole of extra time and were not able to exploit it as Jimmy is simply not used to playing outfield. We lost the match when we could take advantage of the extra man.

Felt Sorry for Steve who missed a pen and felt that he should not have taken the last one. CP please pass the F***ing ball you cost us a goal last night and nearly the game.

Rumours abound re Keatso, Stephen Kelly (Newcastle west) and Brendy coming to play but at this stage you would wonder what for?

BTW thought the Cobh Fans were the Ugliest we have seen this year

JohnD....praying for a Takeover bid...Stooges Out now!!!
    "How Can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team"-- B.Bragg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Wasn't there...obviously... but I was getting a running commentary from a mate of mine who trains Pike . He was telling me that Alan Barry should have got a straight red for stamping 5 mins before the Cobh guy got sent off, and also that our second pen looked a little dubious, although he said he was looking from the back pitch.
    True John....thats it as far as the season goes, and without a takeover, I'm afraid that thats it as far as Eircom League soccer in Limerick goes too for the foreseeable future. Glad you told whichever muppet it was what you thought though...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    We still have a lot to play for especially our survivial as a league club.

Terrible way to lose.

What was the crowd like?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD
    The Cobh Fans were laughing at us as we changed Keepers mid game.
    Ah fcuk 'em!
    I thought for a while last night I was being a little over sensetive but concluded long before the end that Cobh have a considerable ******** element in they're travelling support.

Nowt against passionate partisan support and fair play to the club for the numbers they muster to travel but jaysis they've some throng of gombeens tottering around after them.

I can't remember the last time I witnessed such a whingey, whiney, False-aggressive display of toss- pottery.

Congrats to the *real Cobh Ramblers fans and the team on hard won victory.

*ability to hurl tirades of four letter abuse at all and sundry in front of your own small kids and ours does not automatically qualify you for real fan status
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie
    I can't remember the last time I witnessed such a whingey, whiney, False-aggressive display of toss- pottery.[/I]
    excellent...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Agree with you Lionel Thought that they were the worst behaved and most aggressive supporters ever. That is really saying something after the Dundalk crowd!!.

Felt that they way they took over the Pike club afterwards was well out of order and I said it to a few of them. Nasty Bunch of ******s!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD
    Agree with you Lionel Thought that they were the worst behaved and most aggressive supporters ever. That is really saying something after the Dundalk crowd!!.

Felt that they way they took over the Pike club afterwards was well out of order and I said it to a few of them. Nasty Bunch of ******s!!
    Didn't go in to the Pike club afterwards but was passing by a few of them near the door after they'd finished spouting ****e at officials and players and heard one of the fatter, uglier, redfaced/rednecked ringleaders suggesting they go in for a "sing-song". Muppets.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Now this is gonna surprise absolutely everybody here given my track record of dealing with Cobh fans but any of them that I was talking to last night were sound out. There was one fat git who turned to us as they invaded the pitch but to hell with him, he's fat and I can't imagine he gets out much anyway.

Other than that I wouldn't have had any real complaints with them and certainly wouldn't have a problem with them using the bar afterwards John? They'd just reached the next round of the cup. Like ourselves it was all they had left to play for this season and it meant a lot to them.

Best of luck to them I say (though the words feel wrong in my mouth! )

There's no way in hell you can compare them to that bunch of grizzled mullockers who came down from Dundalk and were unwashed gits to a man (or woman who liked like a man).

As for the game itself, it was disappointing to go out as we did, especially as we could and should have taken the lead a couple of times. Overall though we can hardly claim to have been robbed either with two penalties and Cobh hitting the bar late on.

Anyway well done to the Limerick ten and both subs. Cobh might have finished a man down but we've basically been starting with ten men all season...
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What order did the penalties go? Who missed/scored etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Dave Conway scored
    Colin P O'Brien saved
    Mike Ahearn scored
    Mike Kerley put it over
    Stephen O'Mahony saved

Dunno who took the Cobh ones except Steve Yelverton's was second and Jimmy Fyffe pulled off a great save.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Anyone else think that in hindsight it was wrong ask CP to take a third penalty? I know he scored the first two, but a third in one game is asking a lot, and the Cobh keeper would have had his suspicions after seeing two fly past him already?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    Anyone else think that in hindsight it was wrong ask CP to take a third penalty? I know he scored the first two, but a third in one game is asking a lot, and the Cobh keeper would have had his suspicions after seeing two fly past him already?
    Yes but I would imagine that he wouldn't have had anybody else take one and I wouldn't hold that against him either. I think you're always better off with a willing taker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    If a fella scores two penalties in one game I would definitely have him take a third if he was willing. If you score two it means you can take penalties. I actually think it would be foolish not to get a guy who takes the penalties usually, who has scored two already to take one.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    If a guy scores two, then there is huge expectancy upon him to score a third, plus the keeper would be aware of his style, thats all I'm saying.There must have been huge pressure on him, , and maybe it might have been better to keep him in reserve. I know Jimmy fancies himself and I would have been very surprised if he didn't volunteer.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    we deserved to win that game!

our supporters are lovely people lionel!what ya on about???

i hate your little right back,he'll get a right doing in cobh!!

and the security guard in front of us was lucky he didn't get killed by one of the lads!!!

your fanzine is good enough!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobhrambler 16
    i hate your little right back,he'll get a right doing in cobh!!and the security guard in front of us was lucky he didn't get killed by one of the lads!!!
    Charming..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=cobhrambler 16]i hate your little right back,he'll get a right doing in cobh!!QUOTE]

Yeah, he had better be careful or the ankle biters will through their rattles at him.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    we deserved to win that game!!
    Perhaps ...Perhaps not. Congrats to Cobh Ramblers on their win though.
    our supporters are lovely people lionel!what ya on about???
    Go back up the page and read WHAT I AM on about or in the probable event that you can't read have a grown up read it aloud for you.

i hate your little right back,he'll get a right doing in cobh!!!
    A right doing eh? Cue "deliverance" style banjo tune.

and the security guard in front of us was lucky he didn't get killed by one of the lads!!!
    The security guard may have preferred death to "a right doing" at any rate!

your fanzine is good enough!
    Thanks ...some of the others were against having a colouring in section but I knew someone'd appreciate it.
    Away back to the pond with you now C16

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid
    There's no way in hell you can compare them to that bunch of grizzled mullockers who came down from Dundalk and were unwashed gits to a man (or woman who liked like a man).

Anyway well done to the Limerick ten and both subs. Cobh might have finished a man down but we've basically been starting with ten men all season...

We had those bunch of grizzled mullockers in Cobh earlier this year also. I know its hard to imagine but they are worse than the Bohs mob.

As someone else has said on this page it was the seasons end for the losing club last night, but fair play to yee guys, trying to organise games with 12/13 players is not easy and I hope your misfortunes dont last through to next season.

Keep trying anyway lads. Regards,

Queenstown Ram

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie
    Thanks ...some of the others were against having a colouring in section but I knew someone'd appreciate it.
    Away back to the pond with you now C16
    the one i robbed from the guy at the pool table wasn't coloured in at all??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast