Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impure Thoughts...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Impure Thoughts...

I know everyone wants to see eircom league sides do well in Europe this season but is it wrong of me to want $hels(and just $hels)to get hammered by hadjuk split(is that the name?).I despise that club.Owen Heary,Pat Fenlon,Jim Crawford,Jason Byrne and that wonker Ollie Byrne...10-0 wouldnt be enough...

Best of luck to Bohs and Longford...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Nothing impure at all there RedX. I was loathe to see Shels go thru by the skin if their teeth against a poor Reyjavik.

I personally couldnt care less how the others get on. Maybe Id like to see Lford do well, but the others...meh.

We're in this together
    you're havin a laugh

If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I hope Shels, Bohs and Longford all go through, and genuinely wish them the very best of luck.

Wtih Shels though, I'll admit it's more about the UEFA coefficient, In the end the more the clubs win, the better our draw will be in Europe in years to come. Also, a good showing against Split will do more for the league in terms of national exposure.

A few people have expressed concern about Shels doing a Rosenborg and run away with the league for years to come what with the money TV and extra revenue associated with Europe will bring in. It's a risk, though I'm not overly concerned for now.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    Nothing impure at all there RedX. I was loathe to see Shels go thru by the skin if their teeth against a poor Reyjavik.

I personally couldnt care less how the others get on. Maybe Id like to see Lford do well, but the others...meh.

We're in this together
    you're havin a laugh

gary you are a funny man, every el supporter i know was behind you recently, now the heads are big and you don't care....from what i've seen these boards in recent weeks, nothing new there.....

i hope its two season for dolan and no trophies for city.... i really do.
    Last edited by max power; 26/07/2004 at 11:10 PM.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I hope Bohs and I suppose Longford aswell go through as I have no real reason to dislike either club and it is good for the league as a whole.

However, I despise Shelbourne and would take great pleasure in seeing Ollie Byrne's thugs humiliated.

The biggest thing we need to remember here is that no matter what any of the other Irish clubs achieve in Europe this year it will be unlikely to be as great as what the City have done. They won't beat a top Swedish or Dutch team or narrowly lose out to a top French team. They won't be the UEFA team of the week. The won't bring huge numbers of fans abroad like the Rebel Army did. I could go on and on but you get my drift.
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by max power
    gary you are a funny man, every el supporter i know was behind you recently, now the heads are big and you don't care....from what i've seen these boards in recent weeks, nothing new there.....

i hope its two season for dolan and no trophies for city.... i really do.
    Now, now. Its not a case of we don't give a toss about how other teams do in Europe, this is an anti Shels thing. I really and truly hope Bohs and Longford do well and lift the EL coefficient. I'd love it if the made all the way to the UEFA cup final. But Shels?? Ugh!! I really hope they fall on there ass'. I won't go into the many reasons why I loathe them, but there are lots.
    I really hope they get dumped out of Europe and humiliatingly so.

The only way I'd like to see them progress is if it meant they lost points in the League. But I can imagine them not letting a situation like the Drogs game happen again, and I tell you now that Shels won't play another league game until they're out of Europe. You heard it here first.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    shouldn't be too long 'til they're playing in the league again so

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    we are irish and we support irish.unless we brain dead
    Eskimos pussys are very cold.......

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I Wishe Shels The Best Of Luck

I think its terrible that people are wishing shels bad luck.I hope they win tonight and win well,cork city got alot of support from other loi supporters juring our european games and i think we should do the same.Pat Fenlon rang cork city fc before the games to wishe the club well.Come on shels put irish soccer on the map even more this season

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccfcgirl
    I think its terrible that people are wishing shels bad luck.I hope they win tonight and win well,cork city got alot of support from other loi supporters juring our european games and i think we should do the same.Pat Fenlon rang cork city fc before the games to wishe the club well.Come on shels put irish soccer on the map even more this season
    totally right. if you want to see LOI grounds packed including the cross you should be praying for shels to win.

The LOI needs successful teams in europe no matter who they are.

C'mon shels! If shels win through against hajduk and city win the league for instance we would be seeded next season in europe if shels lose we wont be.
    So you should support shels for just personal reasons anyway.

im supporting shels for the league because unlike many city fans i have a long memory. i remember the really bad times for city and the league.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    but my point about gary was the "maybe longford too" comment, shows he doesn't want to see el teams do well at all.....
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eoinh
    totally right. if you want to see LOI grounds packed including the cross you should be praying for shels to win.

The LOI needs successful teams in europe no matter who they are.

C'mon shels! If shels win through against hajduk and city win the league for instance we would be seeded next season in europe if shels lose we wont be.
    So you should support shels for just personal reasons anyway..
    I have to agree with that. Looking at the $h£l$ MB, most of their fans were wishing us well.

Quote Originally Posted by eoinh
    im supporting shels for the league because unlike many city fans i have a long memory. i remember the really bad times for city and the league.
    eoin, maybe shome mishtake?.....you want $h£l$ to win the league....
    I'm supporting City for the league....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Gannon a thug?

Someone called Jim Gannon at al a thug! An insult to self respecting thugs everywhere!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    I have to agree with that. Looking at the $h£l$ MB, most of their fans were wishing us well.

eoin, maybe shome mishtake?.....you want $h£l$ to win the league....
    I'm supporting City for the league....
    Oh jaysus i meant city for the league. really. im not turning into noel king. im not, im not, im not ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

i meant if shels do well in europe it will help to get us seeded in europe next season if we win the league. That is what i meant, i swear!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok
    I hope Shels, Bohs and Longford all go through, and genuinely wish them the very best of luck.

Wtih Shels though, I'll admit it's more about the UEFA coefficient, In the end the more the clubs win, the better our draw will be in Europe in years to come. Also, a good showing against Split will do more for the league in terms of national exposure.
    Pretty much how I feel, I hope Shels go through for the league's co-efficient and general perceived quality but I wouldn't lose to much sleep about them going out.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi
    Pretty much how I feel, I hope Shels go through for the league's co-efficient and general perceived quality but I wouldn't lose to much sleep about them going out.
    Against Hibs the other year, myself and another forum went down to offer our support. We wanted Shels to get through, we really did, but couldn't help bursting out laughing when Hibs scored. It was just the natural reaction....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi
    I hope Shels go through for the league's co-efficient and general perceived quality but I wouldn't lose to much sleep about them going out.
    That pretty much sums up how I feel too.
    It would also be good for the league if we were in the news again for success in Europe. I've been getting texts and e-mails from people who've never in their life been to a league game, wishing City luck.
    If they hear of other teams doing well they'll begin to hold the league in higher regard. This is building on the performances of Bohs last year. I know many people who went along and were really impressed by the way Bohs played against Rosenborg. Sadly I think Longford are still a team where a moral victory is the most they can hope for.
    It's difficult for a regional team like that to compete at the next level.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I resurected a thread recently about numbers on foot.ie and the amount of non-cork city fans on the forum. But, if people want to see more fans from other LOI clubs on here then a subject like this should be posted under the "general" forum and not "cork city". What does it have to do with city?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Shels thuggery is one of the worst things about this league. The really bad thing is that they always had pretty good players but chose to play 'meaty' football. When this wins leagues its bad for the game here. Yes the European co-efficent is important but promoting good, skillfull play at home is more important. hen they mend their ways I'll give them my support...
    As for Bohs and Longford, the best of luck.
    don't worry, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dis......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    Against Hibs the other year, myself and another forum went down to offer our support. We wanted Shels to get through, we really did, but couldn't help bursting out laughing when Hibs scored. It was just the natural reaction....
    Have to admit I did the same, along with another UCD fan I went to the game with.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast