Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Dan Crowley (M Cheltenham Town b.1997)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Dan Crowley is not the Messiah at the moment anyway.
    Heís not the messiah, heís a very naughty boy.

2. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Heís not the messiah, heís a very naughty boy.

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2021/octob...n-exeter-city/

Would love to see him involved in March. Same division as 4 players who played last night with a few more from league 1 regularly in squads. Would only fit into a formation of a 10 behind a front 2 which Kenny not keen on it seems. Completely Different than what we have and offers creativity to open up maybe defences of those kind of sides we need to beat to be in the mix with the likes of Serbia for a playoff place. Don't see him having the physical ability for playing wide in a front 3 chasing full backs all day.

4. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts
    He's on a short term contract so probably needs to concentrate on having a club in March rather than anything else. Have you seen him playing much recently?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Exgrad View Post
    He's on a short term contract so probably needs to concentrate on having a club in March rather than anything else. Have you seen him playing much recently?
    No lastvtime I've seen him was his first season at Birmingham when he did well I thought in wide areas. Seemed wasted to me in that position doesn't have the pace or physicality for it I don't think. Ideal number 10 though especially when we have none.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo kerry View Post
    is it fair to lob crowley in with the two boys? kennedy is a funny one. the dancing on the car bonnet thing was covered off in an interview and it seemed like a turning point - end of his international career and recognition he had missed his big chance maybe - he turned it around and is now doing well coaching. Stokes on the other hand is a very different prospect.
    It didnít end Kennedyís Irish career.
    He played in that campaign later on and was included in the World Cup Squad before pulling out due to injury after the Sunderland Niall Quinn testimonial match (in which he scored)
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Seems to have settled well 2 wins in the league since he signed playing as a 10.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...injury-6237546 seems to be going fairly well. Would like to see him in March in a squad at the same level ofva good few of our squad and we don't have a better version of him playing at a higher level at the moment. Think he is only signed till end Dec at Cheltenham so hopefully get a championship move in Jan

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...injury-6237546 seems to be going fairly well. Would like to see him in March in a squad at the same level ofva good few of our squad and we don't have a better version of him playing at a higher level at the moment. Think he is only signed till end Dec at Cheltenham so hopefully get a championship move in Jan
    Players like Crowley need to be loved and have a manager who is willing to allow him to play. The Championship is so competitive I can see why managers may feel they canít afford a player of his ilk. The weird thing is he might be more effective in international football, than playing in a higher league in England. If Ogbene can make that transition, why not Crowley. A different kind of player, but it was a tragedy that Paddy McCourt never had a decent club career. His performances for Celtic, when picked were sometimes mesmerising, but it was all about work rate.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    Players like Crowley need to be loved and have a manager who is willing to allow him to play. The Championship is so competitive I can see why managers may feel they canít afford a player of his ilk. The weird thing is he might be more effective in international football, than playing in a higher league in England. If Ogbene can make that transition, why not Crowley. A different kind of player, but it was a tragedy that Paddy McCourt never had a decent club career. His performances for Celtic, when picked were sometimes mesmerising, but it was all about work rate.
    I agree with you he may be more suited to international football especially against those mid and lower tier nations who you need to open up at some point to beat. Might not be the man you pick to play away to Germany but having that variety in your squad lgives you options. Ogbene is a power and pace option , cowley is more the poise and panache option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    448 Posts
    Does Crowley qualify for us? Or is that still up in the air?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    347 Posts
    I think his situation is the exact same as
    Ryan j. Capped competitively at under age with a different country. While not in possession of an irish passport. The new rule allowed Ryan in
    So I'm sure he is OK.

14. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    An assist today. Cheltenham on a decent run. Hopefully can get a move in Jan

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627