Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Crowley M Notts County b.1997

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    Hardly disappointing. A player who hasn’t been getting a game and just dropped down to league one. He’s not even sure the paperwork is actually sorted. Great if he starts getting a game and the paperwork is actually done, then he might be an option worth checking on.
    That's a reasonable way to approach things if you are consistent with the approach. That doesnt tally with the approach with finn though or all that pious talk about previous regimes not integrating rice and grealish enough and how if he had been in charge they would both be stalwarts for us now. Most people in any profession appreciate consistency with the culture the leadership in an organisation is creating and unfortunately Kenny isn't showing any consistency here. Also difficult to see what culture he is trying to propagate outside of ham fisted rebel rousing nonsense

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Idiotic behaviour from Kenny especially when you have shown total inability to put a side out with a semblance of attacking flair so far in his tenure
    Idiotic is very unfair and harsh. The lad stated clearly that he wanted to play for us but wasn't getting a look in for Birmingham. All the while, he hadnt been confirmed as being eligible for Ireland. How is it idiotic? No other international team was going to be calling Crowley with all those balls in the air. Completely rubbish point and an excuse to heap a bit of criticism on Kenny.

4. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Idiotic is very unfair and harsh. The lad stated clearly that he wanted to play for us but wasn't getting a look in for Birmingham. All the while, he hadnt been confirmed as being eligible for Ireland. How is it idiotic? No other international team was going to be calling Crowley with all those balls in the air. Completely rubbish point and an excuse to heap a bit of criticism on Kenny.
    i respect your opinion but how does that tally with how he is behaving towards young finn(who I really hope plays for us) ? To me a culture is all about how you treat all players not just the ones you want to convince to come on board because you are afraid another country will take him. What message does that send to the whole player and staff group? We have lacked our normal team spirit since he has been in charge(was there a tackle in the England game?) and unfortunately we have no where like enough footballers to be competitive without a collective spirit.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    How does it tally?

1) Crowley has said he is keen to play for us. Finn has not.
    2) Crowley has been completely out of the squad for Birmingham. Finn has been in the squad for his club.
    3) Finn is 100% eligible for us. Crowley may not have been.

They are all facts. I won't go into objective points about who has more potential etc.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    How does it tally?

1) Crowley has said he is keen to play for us. Finn has not.
    2) Crowley has been completely out of the squad for Birmingham. Finn has been in the squad for his club.
    3) Finn is 100% eligible for us. Crowley may not have been.

They are all facts. I won't go into objective points about who has more potential etc.
    So because crowley actually has already played for us and publicly said 2 years ago that he wanted to commit to us and went through with the relevant paperwork then the senior manager will ignore him, not even give him a call to see how the process is going on his end or update him from the fai s point of view how the process is processing and you think that is good man management and indicative of a manager who values players as people? It's totally disingenuous to behave in a completely different manager to finn simply because finn has not committed yet. If that's the character of the man it's no surprise duff and Kelly jumped ship.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    He's a certain type of player in which we are lacking and have lacked for some time, and could be especially useful at international level.

In a situation where we are already picking League One players, and even LoI players, and where Daryl Horgan has become more-or-less a regular for us, I don't think we can be turning our noses up at a player as talented as Crowley.

Crowley only turned 23 a few months ago. At what level was Wes playing at the same age?
    100%. We have no 10s and as good as knight or molumby become genuine creativity is not what they bring to the table. Crowley has lots of failts( poor athlete,not enough goals) but at international level for us he gives us what we dont have and dont have

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    This lad couldn't get a game at Birmingham, wasn't eligible until now and people are bitching that Kenny hasn't reached out to him. Fair enough he usually plays in a position we are in need off but he's not been playing in any position for a while and has had to drop to League 1 to get a game.

Do we think Kenny has reached out to all the Irish lads at St Mirren who are doing well in Scottish Premiership?

To equate not speaking to a guy who couldn't get a game in the Championship to reaching out to a 17 year old who is one of top prospects in La Liga is just utter horsesh1t. There is some amount of boll1x talked on here at times.

I hope Crowley is brilliant at Hull and manages to get them promoted all the way to the Premiership. I hope he's good enough to win 50 caps for us.... but right now he needs to worry about having a career in football as he's dropping down divisions. If he does well he will earn a phone call from the International manager

10. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    748 Posts
    I can't really agree with that view. Crowley was the victim of a managerial change to a manager who doesn't tend to play that kind of number 10 in his setup - so there was no place for him at the club when Karanka came in. This tends to be a problem for these kind of players who can find themselves out of favour very quickly due to a manager change.

However Crowley played 38 games in the Championship last season at 22 years of age and acquitted himself very well. That's a much higher level than any of those St Mirren lads have played at and, of more relevance, is a much higher level that Jack Byrne has had any success at, by a player who is younger than Byrne.

We know that Kenny would ideally like to play a 10 in his setup, so for me it is concerning that we have an available player who is doing better at a younger age than one of our squad regulars and Kenny has so far made no effort at all to involve him. Hopefully, if his eligibility is now confirmed, that will change fairly quickly because if we do want to use a proper 10 in some games in the next year or two, Crowley seems to be the best one we have.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    You say it's concerning that Kenny has made no effort to involve an available player.... he hasn't been available, we are still not sure he is. He says that he thinks the paperwork has gone through. In the meantime he's dropping down a division to get club football.

Great if the paperwork has now been sorted. As I said I hope he is brilliant for Hull. If he tears it up between now and end of season he might have a shout of a call up, but I doubt it from League 1. He's miles off making squad for Serbia game at moment.

There's always a player Ireland managers get hammered for not picking.... its a fair stretch if Crowley at this stage is used to criticize Kenny
    Last edited by Razors left peg; 31/01/2021 at 9:37 AM.

13. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    I can't really agree with that view. Crowley was the victim of a managerial change to a manager who doesn't tend to play that kind of number 10 in his setup - so there was no place for him at the club when Karanka came in. This tends to be a problem for these kind of players who can find themselves out of favour very quickly due to a manager change.

However Crowley played 38 games in the Championship last season at 22 years of age and acquitted himself very well. That's a much higher level than any of those St Mirren lads have played at and, of more relevance, is a much higher level that Jack Byrne has had any success at, by a player who is younger than Byrne.
    Fair enough at a glance, but if he was showing so well at 10 and even to an international standard, why is he again having to drop a level to see game time ? Is it like Obafemi a bit, a few eyebrows raised at his initial omission by SK but a month later he had been spot on, there were off field problems there.

15. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    I can understand Kenny's maneuver on John Joe Finn.

As I see Rice and Grealish selfish decisions has damaged the irish national team.

I could blame globalization, the end of patriotisms of nations as Eric Hobsbawm wrote, and the english FA with a bit of dirty arts to convince the kids. The Republic of Ireland cant afford another mismanaged situation like those.

Its hard because you have to start matches with newbies..... teens at 18, 19, 20 to cap-tie them to Ireland and that's not ethical. You may say...."well the big rich footie countries such as Spain, England, Germany, France, Italy and Holland are doing that so why we cant?

It's not ethical. Now the Munir rule will fix that "streetwise scoundrels behavior" of them.
    Last edited by Bielsa´s irish; 31/01/2021 at 10:28 AM.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    It could also simply be that Crowleys paperwork hasn't cleared yet but it soon will and Crowley is letting everyone know that by the timing of this interview. And SK will mention him only once its through and he is an available option, which again would make perfect sense and is maybe whats going on with the keeper O'Leary too.

We don't know yet but one thing for sure here is Crowleys stage keeps getting smaller and he needs to stop the slide.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    I'm surprised that the paperwork hasn't been completed yet, Mick went to see him in the final of the KNVB Cup in May 2019 !
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

20. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    I'm surprised that the paperwork hasn't been completed yet, Mick went to see him in the final of the KNVB Cup in May 2019 !
    Strange, and Declan played two months later of his "D-day" for those in white. When FIFA is quick is quick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Where he was on the bench if I remember rightly? Didn't Mick leave before he even got on the the pitch

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    not even give him a call to see how the process is going on his end
    "How is the process going, Dan?"

"i don't know."

"OK. Talk to you soon."

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    748 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post

"i don't know."

"OK. Talk to you soon."
    Jesus I know Kenny's not much of an orator but hopefully he can come up with a bit more than that!
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post

"i don't know."

"OK. Talk to you soon."
    "Dan I'll hit you up on the whatsapp with this amazing presentation I did for John Joe finn he was blown away by it - it had coherent sentences and everything "

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    "Dan I'll hit you up on the whatsapp with this amazing presentation I did for John Joe finn he was blown away by it - it had coherent sentences and everything "
    It's easy to overanalyse things. Finn is a promising young player with loads of options. Crowley, with all due respect, is bit older and only has one option - us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Crowley seems to have been around for ages, but he's only 23
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast