Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Crowley M Notts County b.1997

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    moving thread to the world football forum, if he decides to declare for Ireland, it'll be moved back to the Ireland forum
    Why? I also think it's ridiculous that the grealish thread was moved. It's all relevant to irish football. It's overbearing and pointless moderation if you ask me. The conversation in both threads has never been objectionable so there is no reason why these threads couldn't or shouldn't be moved back. It's this sort of "nanny state" approach (not blaming you Tets, it's been like this for a while) that has killed this messageboard.

2. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    And Ybig is too annoying.

Splinter group, The Real Foot.ie
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Crowley's an English player, who is Irish qualified, and has given no indication that he will change his international allegiance, beyond some support of the Irish team on social media - and nothing in the last year. Why would he be discussed in the Ireland forum?

I'm pretty sure I said the Grealish thread would be moved if he changed allegiances about a year ago. FWIW, nobody complained when I moved it until now

For consistency I should probably move the Donnelly thread as well
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Or none of them. Speculation about promising potential future caps is part and parcel of being a fan of the irish team and has been for me since I was a teen. Just because we get rebuffed every now and again doesn't make it any less relevant to irish football and the ups and downs of following irish footballing fortunes. It's so unnecessary.

7. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Rambo ray and the Gustapo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    There's a thread for potentially eligible players: http://foot.ie/threads/119079-Potent...players-thread
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Yeah, I know that. There also used to be two threads for discussing specific players who are eligible. I don't know why they've been moved. Sure they might have a flurry of posts for a few weeks but they would have disappeared off the first page pretty soon after that. I just don't know what the benefit of moving these threads is. This was never done before, ever. You also deemed it worthy to close the Grealish thread for months for some reason. The Noble et al thread was never closed until further developments...it is so arbitrary and weird. The main troll is long gone that might have warranted this type of action but not even he is relevant anymore.

Shall we go through every thread in the ireland forum and make sure that they are all moved over here where the player has not declared yet or has since declared elsewhere? Joe Mason, Donnelly you mentioned but there's loads more. Do we need a formal declaration? I'm sorry, I'm just not sure what parameters you use to decide what stays and what goes. Should we have moved Clark out and then back in again? Is it just player threads or should we be on the look out for other non player specific transgressions?

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Pat Bamford, Shane O'Neill, Barry MaGuire, Zak Gilsenan, Conor Doyle can all be moved too, if that's the way things are going to be done....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    I agree with SkStu completely. I'd say most people don't even think of coming to World Football to check new posts, etc. I rarely do anyway. Despite recent events, Grealish is still a former Irish international player so he belongs in the Irish section for that reason alone... and it's the obvious place to discuss the others too (although fair point about the eligibility thread).

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Have to say that I concur. Also, Crowley is a former underage player for us who remains eligible to play for us and has been subject to comments in the press from the Ireland manager, Martin O'Neill. I think it's fitting that such matters be highlighted and discussed in the Ireland forum given that they are on the agenda of O'Neill.

The same principle doesn't really apply for Grealish as he is now ineligible and off O'Neill's radar given that he is in the process of using up his switch. But I can understand how others would see it suitable for him to remain in the Ireland forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Tets, the support here for my posts on the matter suggest that moving these threads back to the ireland forum might be in order. Or at the very least that you answer the questions in my last post and not just ignore them (which is pretty rude by the way). And then audit the forum for any others that should be moved over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Yeah, I know that. There also used to be two threads for discussing specific players who are eligible. I don't know why they've been moved. Sure they might have a flurry of posts for a few weeks but they would have disappeared off the first page pretty soon after that. I just don't know what the benefit of moving these threads is. This was never done before, ever.
    I didn't move the other thread. Do a search for it.

You also deemed it worthy to close the Grealish thread for months for some reason. The Noble et al thread was never closed until further developments...it is so arbitrary and weird. The main troll is long gone that might have warranted this type of action but not even he is relevant anymore.
    The Grealish thread was impossible to moderate. I gave multiple warnings were given that if the thread continued as it was it would be closed, they were ignored and it was closed. End of story. The Noble thread never came near it in terms of what moderation was needed

Shall we go through every thread in the ireland forum and make sure that they are all moved over here where the player has not declared yet or has since declared elsewhere? Joe Mason, Donnelly you mentioned but there's loads more. Do we need a formal declaration? I'm sorry, I'm just not sure what parameters you use to decide what stays and what goes. Should we have moved Clark out and then back in again? Is it just player threads or should we be on the look out for other non player specific transgressions?
    I never mentioned Mason, and his thread is still in the Ireland forum - http://foot.ie/threads/148266-Joe-Mason - so why is he being mentioned? The Clark thread was started before I was moderator, so whether that was moved or not has nothing to do with me. The basic parameters on what player's thread stays in the Ireland forum or is moved is whether or not the player is an Irish international, either at senior or youth level. What do you mean by non player specific transgressions?

If you have a problem, then report it in the support forum

Tets, the support here for my posts on the matter suggest that moving these threads back to the ireland forum might be in order. Or at the very least that you answer the questions in my last post and not just ignore them (which is pretty rude by the way). And then audit the forum for any others that should be moved over.
    I didn't ignore them, I have more on my plate right now that answering every post in the forum directed at me

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    What moderation is even needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    I didn't move the other thread. Do a search for it.
    You moved two threads - Grealish and Crowley. The threads that I've been complaining about. They would have disappeared off the front page in a few weeks at most. I think they should be moved back. They are still relevant to Irish football. Crowley has not declared for England and the other is still being talked about in the context of the style and impact of managements approach.

The Grealish thread was impossible to moderate. I gave multiple warnings were given that if the thread continued as it was it would be closed, they were ignored and it was closed. End of story. The Noble thread never came near it in terms of what moderation was needed
    The guy who prompted most of the moderation is no longer here. It's not a good enough reason to move the thread now. Perhaps infractions and suspensions to the posters that were ignoring your warnings/moderation would have been more impactful and a better option than shutting down the good conversation (with the bad) and disabling healthy debate.

I never mentioned Mason, and his thread is still in the Ireland forum - http://foot.ie/threads/148266-Joe-Mason - so why is he being mentioned? The Clark thread was started before I was moderator, so whether that was moved or not has nothing to do with me. The basic parameters on what player's thread stays in the Ireland forum or is moved is whether or not the player is an Irish international, either at senior or youth level. What do you mean by non player specific transgressions?
    Sorry, I mustn't have been clear there. Mason was my catch. He should be moved too, right? Along with Donnelly as you mentioned. IIRC Clark was in irish and English youth teams? If so, my question is would the right thing to have done there to move him out of the ireland forum and then back in again?

If those are your parameters then I suggest you have a lot of thread moving to do. Mason, Donnelly plus all the player that IsMiseSean referenced plus countless others that we can find. Also, the potentially eligible players thread should probably go too since they aren't irish internationals being talked about in there, youth or senior.

But what I'm really hoping you'll do is see how pointless this would be and then how pointless it was to move Crowley and Grealish over here and climb down a little and move them back.

If you have a problem, then report it in the support forum
    Wouldn't it just be easier to move the threads back?

I didn't ignore them, I have more on my plate right now that answering every post in the forum directed at me
    Just did a quick look and I think mine were the only questions directed specifically at you over the last few days.

Anyway, I'm asking you to consider moving the two threads back to the ireland forum so that we can continue to discuss the players from an irish fans perspective in the most appropriate forum.

A point you missed in my post was that this has never been done before and if it is the new direction then some rules, clarity and consistency would be advantageous so that all users of this site know where to start threads and where threads might get moved to.

My preference would be to go back to the old way of doing things and keep all relevant threads in the ireland forum irrespective of whether they ultimately end up being irrelevant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    You moved two threads - Grealish and Crowley. The threads that I've been complaining about. They would have disappeared off the front page in a few weeks at most. I think they should be moved back. They are still relevant to Irish football. Crowley has not declared for England and the other is still being talked about in the context of the style and impact of managements approach.
    I disagree, nothing Grealish does for the rest of his career will be relevant to Irish football, unless he decides to change his allegiance. The same goes for Crowley. If you want to discuss the style and impact of management, then the manager's thread - http://foot.ie/threads/184787-Martin...-and-Roy-Keane - is currently more relevant than either player's thread

The guy who prompted most of the moderation is no longer here. It's not a good enough reason to move the thread now. Perhaps infractions and suspensions to the posters that were ignoring your warnings/moderation would have been more impactful and a better option than shutting down the good conversation (with the bad) and disabling healthy debate.
    I said I would move the thread if Grealish changed his allegiance, so I did. TOWK isn't posting right now, but he's not banned. Infractions and suspensions were awarded for repeatedly ignoring warnings, and they had no impact. There really was no other option than to close the thread, and it's the only time I've done it, at least that I can remember

Sorry, I mustn't have been clear there. Mason was my catch. He should be moved too, right? Along with Donnelly as you mentioned.
    Has Mason made any statements about changing allegiances? Why would his thread be moved? Donnelly is a current Northern Ireland international, and has made no statement about changing allegiance that I'm aware of

IIRC Clark was in irish and English youth teams? If so, my question is would the right thing to have done there to move him out of the ireland forum and then back in again?
    At the time Clark's thread - http://foot.ie/threads/141218-Ciaran-Clark- was started he still an England underage international (possibly captain of the side?) so I would have moved the discussion to the potentially eligible players thread.

If those are your parameters then I suggest you have a lot of thread moving to do. Mason, Donnelly plus all the player that IsMiseSean referenced plus countless others that we can find.
    Most of those threads have had few posts in the last few months, if I had already moved them, would anyone have noticed?

Also, the potentially eligible players thread should probably go too since they aren't irish internationals being talked about in there, youth or senior.
    It's a thread for discussing players who are possibly eligible, instead of starting a new thread for every player in England/Scotland/etc with an Irish surname. I've merged threads on youth players signing contracts for the first time for much the same reason.

But what I'm really hoping you'll do is see how pointless this would be and then how pointless it was to move Crowley and Grealish over here and climb down a little and move them back.

Wouldn't it just be easier to move the threads back?
    Even if I wanted to move them, I can't. I only have moderation rights on the Ireland forum, not the international forum.

Just did a quick look and I think mine were the only questions directed specifically at you over the last few days.
    I said I have more on my plate right now than answering every question on the forum, including what's going on in my life outside the forum.

Anyway, I'm asking you to consider moving the two threads back to the ireland forum so that we can continue to discuss the players from an irish fans perspective in the most appropriate forum.
    see above, I can't

A point you missed in my post was that this has never been done before and if it is the new direction then some rules, clarity and consistency would be advantageous so that all users of this site know where to start threads and where threads might get moved to.
    Fair enough, I'll add something to the stickied posts on the forum about starting new threads

My preference would be to go back to the old way of doing things and keep all relevant threads in the ireland forum irrespective of whether they ultimately end up being irrelevant.
    Then I suggest opening a thread on the support forum to address this, and avoid taking this thread further off topic

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Nah, Stu is right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts
    Crowley returns to Arsenal after loan spell at Barnsley is cut short.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...-after-6719987
    Last edited by The Fly; 28/10/2015 at 5:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    scored a belter for the English U19s v Japan yesterday.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-ze...rowley-6840189

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/...72065/page-168

not in the brits 24 man squad for the friendlies before the 19s euros which maybe is a good sign( or just a sign that england are savage at this age group) . You wood imagine their 18 man squad will be picked from this as roberts at celtic is only one left out but tink that is cause celtic wont release him due to champ league qualifiers in july. Obviously crowley was only on standby when this group won the 17 euros 2 years ago so must be a bit sickening to maybe see your age group win 2 euro titles and not be involved . Some irish numpty on that england forum talking nonsense about how crowley cant get game for england cause he is too small/technical embarrassing stuff can only imagine he strayed from YBIG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts
    Joining Oxford United on loan for the season.

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast