Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Tony Bird or Andy Myler???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Tony Bird or Andy Myler???

Would be interested to know other clubs supporters views on who you'd rather in your team.

hotly rumoured up here that there'll be this player swap when the transfer window reopens.

Not going down well in drogheda at all with chants of 'You can shove your tony bird up your a**e' at the craptown match lastnight in support of andy. There was also a banner in support of andy at the match lastnight - photos can be seen at www.photostor.com/pconnor/dufc under the supporters section.

Some good photos of the match up there also including gary rodgers penalty save.

So who is it be, Andy or Tony? Would be interested inpats supporters views especially................

Sheridan
    For all of Myler's quirks, he's a proven goalscorer in the LoI. There's nothing to suggest, at this point, that Tony Bird is anything other than a half-season wonder at this level.

I hope Myler stays at Drogheda (most underrated team in the league, IMHO) because it looks like Pats might get dragged back into the relegation quicksand, and I don't want the f**ker scoring another 96th minute equaliser against us in a six-pointer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If Bird can get back to the form he showed at times last season than I'd take him, but there's absolutley no gaurentee that he can. If I had to choose I'd take Myler right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We will stick with Alan Murphy hes starting to find his feet now (excuse the pun)
    Go lí cúnna ifrinn do thóin bheagmhaitheasach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    yeah, like thats the feeling up here at the moment - Bird can be one of the best on his day, but for me he doesn't do it consistantly and would probably be another mercenary, just in drogheda for the money. For the first time in a long time we have NO mercenaries at the club and I defo dont want to go back to those days!!!

Myler on the otherhand loves playing for drogheda and is genuinely loved by the drogs fathful. He's probably one of the most underrated players in the league!! A quality player and a good goalscorer.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Would take neither of them. Already have at least 4 strikers better than them.

Myler scores the goals but seem to be a lot of penaltys amoung them eventhough he great penalty taker. |Reminds of an over weigh Kelvin Flanagan.

Bird has done nothing this year & nothing to show he will.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dortie
    We will stick with Alan Murphy hes starting to find his feet now (excuse the pun)
    Same boat here, very happy with what we have. Grogan is CLASS !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviddrog
    yeah, like thats the feeling up here at the moment - Bird can be one of the best on his day, but for me he doesn't do it consistantly and would probably be another mercenary, just in drogheda for the money. For the first time in a long time we have NO mercenaries at the club and I defo dont want to go back to those days!!!

Myler on the otherhand loves playing for drogheda and is genuinely loved by the drogs fathful. He's probably one of the most underrated players in the league!! A quality player and a good goalscorer.
    Myler aint exactly setting the top goalscorer charts alight (4 goals in 20 league games). He did bag 14 last season but over a THIRD of them were peno's (5).I dont know what the rest of his game is like mind you. So I'd reserve judgement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If I were a Drogs fan, I'd take Bird and I'm not just saying that cos I want him off our wage bill asap. In his first season with us, he had a miserable time because Dolan insisted on playing him on the wing where he was completely out of position (Instead, Ger McCarthy was seen as a better option at centre-forward. Genius team-selection. Ahem.) Last season, Collins played him in his natural role, he set about proving himself and scored 14 goals. This season, we all know about - a recurring wallet injury has meant that he hasn't performed.

If he went to Drogs, I'd imagine he'd want to prove himself again after being out of the spotlight and could get back to the form he showed last season.

I'd take Myler in return but I doubt Myler would agree to the move. Assuming he's full-time at Drogs, he'd be coming to us on less wages with no guarantee of getting paid.
    Revenge for 2002

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Today's early Herald quotes Johnny Mac as saying that Drogheda have put in a bid for Bird, he didn't say whether or not it's been accepted.
    Revenge for 2002

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Anyone know if it was a money bid or if players were involved also??????????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dortie
    Any time i have seen him, i thought he was a handy enough player, good touch ....... that said he has belted a couple of sitters to row z aswell, but yeah ... good player.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    that said he has belted a couple of sitters to row z aswell,
    But sure dont they all do that........

The Strikers now still dont compare to what i seen in the late 80s....

Id have Johnny Speake back on the Derry team if he was 15 years younger.
    Go lí cúnna ifrinn do thóin bheagmhaitheasach