Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 161 of 180 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 3585

Thread: James McClean M Wrexham b.1989

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    There is no use trying to make sense of anything Campbell says.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Ha, maybe Campbell should try stick to politics to save himself embarrassment, although he doesn't do himself a huge deal of justice in that field either. He's a wind-up merchant who also happens to be shameless when it comes to hypocrisy, double standards, deflection and illogic, although I'm perhaps giving a possibly witless fool too much credit when I suggest he's calculated and knows exactly what he's doing.

One Campbell-related moment, or stunt, that always stuck with me vividly was from the time when Derry were playing PSG in the first round of the UEFA Cup back in 2006. There was a great buzz around the city for the first leg in the Brandywell and the BBC had a camera and reporter up the town during the day covering the atmosphere and build-up. I think it was Newsline, if I recall correctly. The sun was out and fans were happily drinking outside pubs with music, singing and chanting in the streets.

Anyway, the BBC interviewed some fans and local figures (mostly well-wishing) for their feature on Derry and the UEFA Cup. One of the figures interviewed was Gregory Campbell in Guildhall Square. He spoke a bit generally about the attraction of the UEFA Cup before the interviewer concluded the interview by asking: "So, Gregory, who will you be supporting tonight in the UEFA Cup?"

Campbell reached for the inner pocket of his blazer and pulled out a Rangers pendant and declared he'd be supporting Rangers, who also happened to be playing Molde of Norway that night in the competition.

Of course, he's fully entitled to support Rangers but the whole premeditated nature of the interview and the fact he wouldn't even wish one of his local teams good luck despite being part of the news feature was telling. The only reason he was interviewed was clearly for the wind-up factor.

4. Thanks From:

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    A few points Colin Kaepernick is actually half (or 1/4) Irish, apart from that the situations are quite different for a number of reasons.

Any how McClean is on the bench and West Brom are 1-0 down to Arsenal, wonder if he will get on the pitch?

The only game WB have lost this season is the one he played no part in, so hopefully he will get on the pitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Ha, James was belting out the Wolfe Tones' 'Celtic Symphony' in the West Brom gym yesterday: http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/10/v...west-brom-gym/

Allan Nyom seemed to be particularly enjoying it.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    That song is a disgrace. "uh ah up the ra" I want to vomit when I hear it

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    That song is a disgrace. "uh ah up the ra" I want to vomit when I hear it
    Triggered? LOL

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    More booing for McClean yesterday, reportedly from both the home and away sections, as poppy season/hysteria gets under way: https://www.buzz.ie/football/fans-pr...s-booed-259729

11. Thanks From:

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    The Daily Telegraph, of all papers, supports McLean's right not to have to wear the poppy http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/201...ays-have-lost/ I am afraid you have to subscribe to read the whole article.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    "James McClean Calls Out 'Cowards' In The Crowd At West Brom Game": https://www.balls.ie/football/james-...rsfield-376225

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    "James McClean Calls Out 'Cowards' In The Crowd At West Brom Game": https://www.balls.ie/football/james-...rsfield-376225
    Albion are my local EPL club. The reaction to McClean seems to be changing. Last season, he didn't seem to be the comedy villain for most fans- that was flabby want-away striker Berahino. The Poppy stuff wasn't really talked about either side of November.

This time, it's different, largely because the team can't buy a win and Pulis is under pressure. He can't afford a squad player becoming a liability likely to get sent off at any moment- that foul on Tom Ince deserved a straight red. Of course JMC is even more crucial to your team- the real difference is that O'Neill can't just spend £20 million on some Polish/ Nigerian/ Korean replacement at Xmas the way Albion can.

The ********s bottling players from the Huddersfield stands are a separate issue, not a diversion from McClean's problems.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Wladislaw Ogunda-Kim is some player alright.

18. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gather round View Post
    Albion are my local EPL club. The reaction to McClean seems to be changing. Last season, he didn't seem to be the comedy villain for most fans- that was flabby want-away striker Berahino. The Poppy stuff wasn't really talked about either side of November.

This time, it's different, largely because the team can't buy a win and Pulis is under pressure. He can't afford a squad player becoming a liability likely to get sent off at any moment- that foul on Tom Ince deserved a straight red. Of course JMC is even more crucial to your team- the real difference is that O'Neill can't just spend £20 million on some Polish/ Nigerian/ Korean replacement at Xmas the way Albion can.

The ********s bottling players from the Huddersfield stands are a separate issue, not a diversion from McClean's problems.
    You’d expect the Police Authorities might be more interested in a citizen ( I presume James still is ) of the UK or anybody for that matter having bottles , coins , lighters thrown at them anywhere and even in a Public Place .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Immortalised by David Squires this week: https://www.theguardian.com/football...poppygate-2017
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    You’d expect the Police Authorities might be more interested in a citizen ( I presume James still is ) of the UK or anybody for that matter having bottles , coins , lighters thrown at them anywhere and even in a Public Place
    Who says they aren't? Huddersfield Town, their stewarding company or West Yorkshire Police can tell you how many arrests/ exclusions at the game.

I agree that TV companies should do more to cover criminality by fans.

23. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gather round View Post
    Who says they aren't? Huddersfield Town, their stewarding company or West Yorkshire Police can tell you how many arrests/ exclusions at the game.

I agree that TV companies should do more to cover criminality by fans.
    I hope so . It doesn’t do the Poppy campaign any good when you have idiots behaving like this in the stands or on social media .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    "'I saw James going 70 yards to lamp the lad' - Martin O'Neill urges McClean to cool down": https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-36296352.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    This is lovely:

Barcelona may be the cradle of football civilisation, and may one day gift the world with another Lionel Messi, but deep down they know they will never be capable of producing a player like James McClean. That’s because it’s impossible to imagine the Irish winger emerging from anywhere other than Derry City.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/reb...lean-1.3287266

28. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Excellent article in the independent today on McClean as well, not online though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    'James McClean, Michael Conlan and other prominent nationalists ask Taoiseach to protect northern citizens' rights': https://www.joe.ie/life-style/james-...-rights-609306

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Kinsella
    A group of high profile nationalists has called on Leo Varadkar to guarantee the rights of Irish citizens in the north.

Professional footballer James McClean, boxers Paddy Barnes and Michael Conlan, and GAA All-Star Peter Canavan were amongst the signatories of an open letter which urged the Taoiseach to address the "failure to both implement & defend the Good Friday and St Andrew's Agreements."