Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 3614

Thread: James McClean M Wrexham b.1989

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Seems to have been shown the door by Michael O'Neill:

'Adam Davies and Joe Allen will meet up with the squad after leave following their Euros campaign with Wales but James McClean, Tom Ince, Lee Gregory and Sam Vokes have not travelled as they search for a new start away from the club.'

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/spor...g-camp-5643014

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    I'm sure another Championship side would snap him up but would be interesting to see if he fancied a change. I'm thinking Celtic, for obvious reasons, or the MLS because he was close to a move there before.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    He was last seen posting pictures of himself on social media wearing the full Germany kit prior to England's clash with the Germans in the last 16 of the Euros.

Unlike seemingly most people nowadays, I absolutely believe in his right to cause maximum offence online without the accompanying abuse, cancellation and death threats, if that's his thing. But it's not terribly helpful in terms of career progression and avoiding the online verbal attacks he so often complains about. And I can't blame his club manager if he's finally had enough of the distractions and negative publicity McClean's actions so often bring about.

For this reason amongst others I'd prefer to see him move away from England to pastures new as well. The MLS may indeed be a good move, if that option is still available to him.
    Last edited by Trequartista20; 12/07/2021 at 8:05 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    He was last seen posting pictures of himself on social media wearing the full Germany kit prior to England's clash with the Germans in the last 16 of the Euros.

Unlike seemingly most people nowadays, I absolutely believe in his right to cause maximum offence online without the accompanying abuse, cancellation and death threats, if that's his thing. But it's not terribly helpful in terms of career progression and avoiding the online verbal attacks he so often complains about. And I can't blame his club manager if he's finally had enough of the distractions and negative publicity McClean's actions so often bring about.

For this reason amongst others I'd prefer to see him move away from England to pastures new as well. The MLS may indeed be a good move, if that option is still available to him.
    Perhaps he fancies a go in Germany ! !

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,627 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post

Him and his boy were wearing the full Italian kit yesterday on instagram too. I get what you're saying (might become untouchable, despite performances which have been decent for Stoke etc) but i also admire him for it. The English fans have proven themselves time and again to be septic (as a broad collective - including last night and the 12 stabbings and racist abuse of those poor young players) and if he wants to antagonize them into continuing to shame themselves based on some juvenile trolling, then i have no problem with it.

I dont think Celtic would be a healthy move for anyone involved. If he could get a move to MLS he'd be far enough away to cash in for a few years but i also wouldnt be surprised to see him move home sooner than later.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    The only thing about a move home would be that he might not keep his place in the Ireland squad. And we know that country comes before club for him. Would he move back to Derry and keep his place? I doubt it.

I would envisage that move taking place in a couple of years, particularly if he gets dropped at international level.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    MLS would be a great move for him but I can't see where he'd wind up if he wants a Designated Player contract.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    The problem with his latest activities is that it hasnt just offended the racists it will also have offended decent fans and people who work and play for his club. Been said many times but he doesn't make things easy for himself.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaff View Post
    The problem with his latest activities is that it hasnt just offended the racists it will also have offended decent fans and people who work and play for his club. Been said many times but he doesn't make things easy for himself.
    people are too easily offended so...... anyone offended by mcclean and his kids wearing the italy tops needs a reality check

12. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    people are too easily offended so...... anyone offended by mcclean and his kids wearing the italy tops needs a reality check
    100% correct
    Balaclava disgraceful
    Italian jerseys is a bit of craic

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    If I'd had death threats for declining to wear the poppy, I suspect I'd be disinclined to give a **** what any of those people think too. If he'd received more support in those instances from the same people wringing their hands over racial abuse being dished out to their own players after the penalty misses, he might not be quite so quick to wind them up.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    Offended may not have been the right word but people I work with were gutted on monday morning. I'm not sure they would have seen the funny side if I wore an Italy top into work

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    Offended may not have been the right word but people I work with were gutted on monday morning. I'm not sure they would have seen the funny side if I wore an Italy top into work
    You could have worn the Italian top and the balaclava and they wouldn't have known it was you and it would have been funny.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    You could have worn the Italian top and the balaclava and they wouldn't have known it was you and it would have been funny.
    It could have been deadly.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    I concur!
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Move to Wigan confirmed. As good a time as any to ease him out of contention surely. Though he might stick around with Stevens unavailable.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    Do we have the depth to cast him aside? A move to a League 1 side is pretty indicative that he's near the end of his usefulness though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    I suspect he'd still be in the Championship if he wasn't as much of a hassle off the field. That said he's a guy who relies largely on his engine and athleticism and presumably as those attributes decline as he ages, he will be even more ineffective.

The fact he's left footed and plays in areas where we are weaker (wide attacking roles) could allow him to play a little longer for us despite the drop to League 1.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    544 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    Do we have the depth to cast him aside? A move to a League 1 side is pretty indicative that he's near the end of his usefulness though.
    You’d imagine between Ogbene, McClean, Harness, Horgan and Curtis - we’ll have League 1 wingers in our squad...

Playing at a higher level, you’ve just got Connolly and Robinson who double as strikers along with the perpetually injured O’Dowda

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    Probably not. Which is fairly indicative of the low ebb we find ourselves at in general and not intended as a dig at McClean specifically.