Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Sepp Blatter and Racism in Football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts

Sepp Blatter and Racism in Football

Now I dislike this guy as much as the next fella, but I really think the English are making a big deal about very little here. They are probably just using it as an excuse to get their own back for the World Cup going to Qatar. Blatter's wording may not have been the best, but I think the point he was making was pretty clear. All he meant, in my opinion, was because a player calls another guy "who doesn't look the same as him" something in the heat of the moment on the pitch, it doesn't necessarily mean he's a racist generally. Obviously it should be punished though, and not just settled with a hand-shake at the end of the match like Blatter implied.

Personally I feel Patrice Evra is being a bit of a girl for pursuing the whole Suarez thing, but I'd still like to see Suarez punished as he doesn't seem like the most honourable of people.

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    [QUOTE=DeLorean;1553907]Now I dislike this guy as much as the next fella, but I really think the English are making a big deal about very little here. They are probably just using it as an excuse to get their own back for the World Cup going to Qatar. Blatter's wording may not have been the best, but I think the point he was making was pretty clear. All he meant, in my opinion, was because a player calls another guy "who doesn't look the same as him" something in the heat of the moment on the pitch, it doesn't necessarily mean he's a racist generally. Obviously it should be punished though, and not just settled with a hand-shake at the end of the match like Blatter implied.

Personally I feel Patrice Evra is being a bit of a girl for pursuing the whole Suarez thing, but I'd still like to see Suarez punished as he doesn't seem like the most honourable of people.[/QUOTE]

So you want him punished because he doesn't seem the most honourable person? I don't think anyone can be punished based on hunches, well i would hope not! I'd like to see Evra punished myself because he has form for all sorts of things.

Personally can't stand Evra. The play station comment with Ireland, the walk out with France at the world cup, the incident at Chelsea etc. The sort of fella parents tell their kids.....see that fella don't get involved with him, he tells lies and will get you into trouble.
    Last edited by KK77; 18/11/2011 at 11:36 AM.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    So you want him punished because he doesn't seem the most honourable person? I don't think anyone can be punished based on hunches, well i would hope not! I'd like to see Evra punished myself because he has form for all sorts of things.

Personally can't stand Evra. The play station comment with Ireland, the walk out with France at the world cup, the incident at Chelsea etc. The sort of fella parents tell their kids.....see that fella don't get involved with him, he tells lies and will get you into trouble.
    I meant I would like to see him punished if found guilty, even though I think Evra is acting like a bit of a sissy even if he was called something. Suarez is one of the few Liverpool players in recent years that I dislike. I could go listing traits and incidents but that isn't really the point of this thread.

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    I meant I would like to see him punished if found guilty, even though I think Evra is acting like a bit of a sissy even if he was called something. Suarez is one of the few Liverpool players in recent years that I dislike. I could go listing traits and incidents but that isn't really the point of this thread.
    Sorry took you up wrong.

The Plot Thickens!

Links flying round now of Hernandez using the same word about a fella who scored a winning goal in an interview he gave.

http://www.chivascampeon.com/noticia/2009/

Newly unpacked of South America, where it took part in a tour of preparation along Argentina with the Mexican Selection Sub-20, the front young man of the Guadalajara Javier " Chicharito " Hernández, it puts itself to the orders of José Manuel " Chepo " Of The Tower for this phase of Liguilla with the Kids.

Profitable I consider the tour of the Tricolor Sub-20, Javier Hernández: " It us was very well in Argentina. To go to South America serves us of fogueo for what it avenges, be already World cup Sub-20 or Pan-American Games "

The front young man establishes that it returns to Kids with the whole availability of being useful: " We are to 100 % to work with intensity, to the orders of the Technician and with great humility to collaborate with the team in this Liguilla, where the bichampionship is looked "

" Chicharito " Hernández, he emphasizes the goal noted down yesterday by another young man as Omar Esparza, in the victory before Tigers: " I liked much the goal of the Negrito (Omar Esparza), I believe that it is a sample of that the young people of Kids, we are list.
    Last edited by KK77; 18/11/2011 at 3:18 PM.
    Lets talk about six baby

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    The man's a senile fool. End of debate.

All the other 'cultural' racism, well we could look closer to home, before we start throwing stones?

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Suarez gets 8 match ban and £40,000 fine.

I wonder if it is designed to still be heavy after reduction on appeal.