Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2012 - general info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    God knows what the FAI's plan will be for allocating these tickets but I think its fair to say they will probably look at applications based on attendance at away games in the qualifying campaign, plus the season ticket holders but not sure how they will rank the priority.
    !
    Ticket details have been announced on FAI website. Away match attendees, current Season Ticket holders, active Block Bookers, and, errr... Vantage club members, will be prioritised and there are over 6,500 fans within this group, according to the website.It looks like there is no prioritising within this group. Clubs will be contacted separately. FAI expect an allocation of between 6,000 and 10,000 tickets depending on the venue. Max 2 tickets per application.

I'm delighted the FAI didn't go with a free-for-all open draw for the tickets. Looks like you'll have a reasonably good chance of ticket application success if you fall into one of the four categories given not everyone will want to travel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    With the ticket portal open for almost 3 months, there is no need for anyone to charge at it the minute it opens, and crash the system. You are entitled to your ticket application 2 minutes after it opens as 2 minutes before it closes, and neither option absolutely guarantees you a ticket. UEFA will draw out the FAI allocation after the window closes, and you'll get a "Thank You" or "PFO" a couple of weeks later.

From using it last year for the UEFA Cup Final, it's a very slick system. I made my application for tickets in the Ireland allocation with just minutes remaining of the window, and got my ticket. Others crashed the system as soon as it opened, and weren't successful. Serves them right.
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    I'm still at a loss even to where to begin here. All the lads are waiting til Friday to see... I'm getting antsy. Registered on UEFA as well. And hopefully Shels will come to the rescue for me!
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/...2_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Schedule and locations nicely summarised in the attached.

Like many of ye, I have several friends who are jumping on the bandwagon and talking about going. However, when the talking is over and it comes to organising etc doubt if half will make the trip. Good to see FAI somewhat rewarding those of us who are regulars!! I say everyone who was at the Carling Nations games should get tickets!!!!
    Funny how things change, wasnt very long ago at all that the Irish soccer team was very unglamourous (if thats even a word). Now there is interest from all ends.

Judging by distance between venues and ease to get to etc. Would prefer to be in Group A, C or D in that order. Dont want B and defintitely dont want to be in position B3 - that would mean first game is in Lviv on the Sat followed by second game on the Wed in Kharkiv following by third game back in Lviv on Sunday. Kharkiv to Lviv is 545 miles apart.

Attached is usual for working out distances etc

http://www.sportmapworld.com/venues/euro-2012-stadiums/

JESUS getting excited for Friday now, anyone know what time the actual draw starts. As opposed to all the spiel beforehand - think its 6pm?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy
    Dont want B and defintitely dont want to be in position B3 - that would mean first game is in Lviv on the Sat followed by second game on the Wed in Kharkiv following by third game back in Lviv on Sunday. Kharkiv to Lviv is 545 miles apart.
    There's 4 days between each game, Lviv to Kharkov is no more than a half a days travel. Plenty of time to get there and back.

Personally I'm looking for a Ukraine group, and preferably Group D. Bigger stadiums, more tickets, less people travelling/demand for them, and cheaper cost of living. The opposition for Ukraine in their first game, get to play all their group games in Kiev, and if they win the group, they stay in Kiev for the quarter-finals. But if it's Group B, then it's Group B. Poland is less than 2 hours from Lviv. Slovakia and Hungary is close by too.

There's going to be plenty of travelling involved in this tournament. I'd rather that, than be in Estonia or Slovakia's position next summer. If we do get to the final, you'll have to get to Ukraine anyway.

Ten Years Not Out

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    I'm intending to take the old VW campervan myself. Hope it's Poland, much closer and much better served as regards campsites, I know it sounds great to just pull up anywhere and sleep, which we'll be doing a fair bit of but the odd shower keeps you kinda human. Security is better too. There seem to to campgounds all over Poland but much less in Ukraine. It's a hell of a lot further to drive to The Ukraine just to get there then all the driving within especially if you end up playing on the far side of the country. I am interested in the bribes your mates had to pay Dodge, I had to do it a few times in the past myself, but they never amounted to much, just a bit freaky the first time. Do you know what they got stung for?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by punkrocket View Post
    I am interested in the bribes your mates had to pay Dodge
    I'll let Dodge answer for himself (and his mates) obviously, but in '94, we went on a family holiday around Europe in a camper van. In Prague, my dad was pulled over by the police and fined a few quid for driving on a road with a weight limit (or it could have been a no-camper-van zone). He was fairly sure there'd been no such sign, but after arguing a little bit (not much use with no common language), he just paid the couple of quid and went on his way.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Think it was about €20 euros one time. €40 another
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Has anyone taken a punt on flights? In too minds either to just hit Poland and take it from there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    *two

Can't edit in mobile skin.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Has anyone taken a punt on flights? In too minds either to just hit Poland and take it from there.
    Yeah. Have Stansted - Lodz on the Thursday, £50. Also got Cork - Kiev with KLM, Friday, on a €10 fee to hold the flight for a few days. €320 return if I decide to take it by midnight Sat. KLM do this 'hold the flight thing', it's handy for the likes of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I had a look on the Ryanair website for flights into a couple of the Polish cities where the games will be played around the beginning of the Euros and the prices are over 300 euro return. I think Ryanair have just upped the prices as they are expecting the Irish fans to fly into Poland and then make their way to Ukraine if the case may be (unless of course we are in Donetsk which wouldn't make sense flying to Poland then). I will be travelling from Munich and the flights into some of the Polish cities and even Kiev are reasonable at less than 200 euro using the skyscanner website.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    The only thing is though which weekend to pick?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Think it was about €20 euros one time. €40 another
    That could mount up quickly enough, the morrocans were a lot easier to pay (no sniggering). as I said before hope we get Poland.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AidoP View Post
    I think Ryanair have just upped the prices .
    They only up their prices when their system tells them peopel are booking flights, and searching for flights on those specific days. There's nobody decided to up prices, its all built in, based on popularity

I know dosens who have booked flights, so of course the prices will increase
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Just heard that Spain and Netherlands are to be drawn first and then Pot 4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels
    Just heard that Spain and Netherlands are to be drawn first and then Pot 4.
    Correct. Spain and Holland won't have their group position drawn either, but will be automatically assigned to position 1 in their group. The second seeds will be drawn last, and everyone will know their group position when they're called, but it will still be drawn out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    They only up their prices when their system tells them peopel are booking flights, and searching for flights on those specific days. There's nobody decided to up prices, its all built in, based on popularity

I know dosens who have booked flights, so of course the prices will increase
    They don't increase their scheduled flight fares, but when they are booked out, they'll lay on specials at 200-300 quid a go. That's before people start booking. It's tougher for us than all other fans at the championship, as whether they use it or not, they all have the option of land transport to the venues available to them. We have to fly, and so it's more expensive for ours.

Some have booked flights already, but most are waiting until the draw is done.

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    So are you inferring that we are A4, B4, C4 or D4?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We could be anything bar A1,B1,C1 or D1. But we will be drawn out of the hat on the next stage after Holland and Spain are drawn as they are doing the 4th seeds before 2nd and 3rd.
    I think I'm correct anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Finbarr, your understanding was my understanding until mypost wrote what he did.

Incidentally the draw itself is on at 537 and scheduled to finish at 548.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast