Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: well done to the lads and...........??

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

well done to the lads and...........??

the club overall, players, board, officals presented themselves very well in vadus and gave a very professional performance.....ok the ref was bad and the result was a let down BUT its half time and they look nothing special

one other thing, well done to SECTION O and their unique members for the night, the singing was amazing and the players commented on that after the game.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Have to agree, by far the best Town atmosphere in quite a long time. We reallly let Vaduz know we were here. Thanks to the Cafe Amann staff in Vaduz, and the bar staff in general in all the bars we visited there. Shame about the result, but we're pretty peed off about the result, this can work in our favour, we'll be fired up for revenge.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    what a trip! fair play to everyone involved in the club, they really did us proud, excellent game, performances and atmosphere!! can only hope the home leg is even better!
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

techs
    After witnessing that atmosphere we have to get a great flansiro roar going for the home leg. Vaduz are no better than a 1st division side so come on town its time to turn it on. Give us value for our money

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    we really need to get a huge number out in flancare for the home leg and make lots of noise! the support sounded amazing over in vaduz with only 250 or so there is no reason this cant be the same at home!
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Best atmosphere I have ever witnessed at a town game. I have been to about
    8-10 games so far but this was fantastic. Great place Vaduz but the Bar
    owners were def not prepared for us. Especially the Sardine bar which ran out of beer twice . Town fans were great as were players and staff after the game. It was great to have a few drinks and a laugh with the players. This was a trip that we will allways remember

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    fool
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    what wast the line up/formation on thurs.who got subbed etc ?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    digger

murphy baz paiso dillon

kirby godfather pip prunty

lavine barrett

good overall performance, the gotfather said to me that the plan was to contain vadus and it almost worked, we lost pip through injury after 28 mins and deano came on, john martin came on for the godfather and baker came on for barrett....

just a note on morale, team spirit seems very high and the lads seem much happier now than they did after the dc game.....here is hoping that its a turning point....

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Pip going off made a difference, he was doing a hell of a lot of work. As for Vaduz being semi-pro, as I've said elsewhere they have 18 full time professionals and the lads that have jobs still train every morning, they've far more money behind them than any Eircom League team, except maybe Cork. They thought they'd have it won over there
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    will there be a more attacking formation for the home leg?

he might switch perth for fitzgerald and start francis and barrett together?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I'd imagine he'll stick with 4-4-2. If Pip isnt fit then it'll probably be Dean and Vinny again. Lavine is justifying his starting role at the moment, he's a lot sharper and fitter, not too sure who'll get the nod along side him I think anyone who makes a big impact in our next two games could find themselves in from the start

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick J.
    Any truth in the rumour that Eric Lavine had sexual relations with a Liechtenstein lass?
    you are a sad man. what is your obsession with Eric and his sexual relations. are you a perve or sumthing

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Just wondering if he's in with a shot I reckon..Bad as he is I dont think Eric swings that way

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I just think that Eric is a wonderful representation of Longford town. He epitomises the inward migratory trend that has taken place in Longford over the past few years.

blah blah blah blah.blah, blah blah..........blah blah, spoon-stir-sh1t, blah , blah blah

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    i deleted my earlier post that i made about formation for the vaduz match as it was probably a pipedream.

its just i have the feeling that the back 4 for the town are going to end up marking themselves as i cant see vaduz commiting too many men to attack.

ps:sean prunty would have loved my team

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    any particular reason why uefa.com has tolka park as the venue for the return leg?
    "I don’t want to tempt fate, but Thierry Henry is not having one of his best nights." - RTE co-commentator Jim Beglin, minutes before TH struck the stunning winner.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    fookin hell, now here's a blast from the past... Shouldn't you be posting on the longest thread ever?

Tolka is/was the reserve venue if Flancare didn't get the go ahead. UEFA just don't care about football...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    but do dc not have a home game that night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    I just think that Eric is a wonderful representation of Longford town. He epitomises the inward migratory trend that has taken place in Longford over the past few years.
    As max power is saying, blah blah blah. i think the real reason you are so interested in Erics private life is either Longfordians theory or my theory in which i think you might be really jealous of Eric because of all the women he has had and your jealous because you know you'll never get that amount yourself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast