Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 16 of 81 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours 2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    James Chambers released by Hamilton. Would imagine most clubs here would like to sign him
    would love him back at rovers, great engine

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shellyriver View Post
    Not necessarily, for example, Sligo Rovers want to build a new stand. That costs money. There is no hand out from either local authorities - so it has to self-financed. If you had a benevolent landlord to build same, you retain your liquidity without nightmare of fund-raising your ambitions.

So, Sligo understandably want success. That costs money. So while the committee could refuse to shell out the budget, with the calibre of necessary players it won't happen.

These are just of the considerations of running a club, its a balancing act.

So it is courageous or challenging etc to financially extend the club further.

But hopefully, a few of the 15K or so Sligo supporters who attended the Cup Final will continue to support home side.

You need to show a vision and confidence to progress.

What would you like going back to complete part-time set up, that's called regression.

I mean how many clubs, without pointing figures, either play crooked and go under the water, refuse to pay bills and/or have local authorities paying their way. Sligo certainly isn't one - ever.

So, whilst one or two here got a bit excited with word 'courageous' and there is a bit of spin in word usage -- having linked the article its obvious to see the journalist has given this description and not the Chairman or anyone associated with the club.

As was stated, the AGM will give an indication of finances. Considered steady upward curve over last 5 years, the club is hardly going gung-ho.

Shamrock Rovers provide a tidy profit? Rightly so, they are tenants.

Contrast that with the millions that would be required to build Tallaght etc and service the mortgage. Nah, let the Council build it and take full advantage. Yeah, that's real courageous.
    no one is getting excited about the usage of the word, most just think its a strange one to use. You can either afford to pay for better players or you cant. I'll get paid tomorrow, thus have more money in my account, is it courageous if i go to the shop and buy something for myself?

As for Rovers in Tallaght, Rovers have more then paid back what has been given to them or will do. Real Madrid, Juventus, FC Copenhagan, Spurs etc all played or will play in Tallaght Stadium. Plenty of cash has been put back into the local economy, the council receive a very healthy rent for their stadium too. If we could have held onto it we would have but unfortunatly we had idiots in charge at the time that gamble with cash we didnt have, were they courageous?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    That's not updated.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts
    The front page of their site says it was updated today.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Yes but it's not dated today and some of the players on it have since signed new contracts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Again, the list is down to the players. if they tell the PFAI they want to be on the list, they're on it until they say otherwise
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    That's not updated.
    They update it to bring it "up to date" to the end of the preceeding week. ie up to last Friday close of business.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    its been updated alright, Derek O'Brien wasn't on it last time around

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    John Frost has signed for Waterford

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    dont know if its been posted but Pat Flynn to shels is another i heard. Bit of a loose cannon but gives his all, would be a good signing for shels if true

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    I'm not trying to knock Rovers financial success at the moment, but you're a long, long, long way from having enough in reserve to pay what the Council will need to receive to cover their outlay on the stadium. And by that stage, the stadium will already be paid for and making a profit for the council, so why give it up?
    The council did not open the stadium to turn a profit, they finished it off so as to provide a facility to be used by Shamrock Rovers and others clubs and other sports organisations.

After councils fund a new playground, do they charge all the kids 50p everytime they want to go in?

No, because playgrounds are also built to provide facilities for the locals to use!

;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    The council did not open the stadium to turn a profit, they finished it off so as to provide a facility to be used by Shamrock Rovers and others clubs and other sports organisations.

After councils fund a new playground, do they charge all the kids 50p everytime they want to go in?

No, because playgrounds are also built to provide facilities for the locals to use!

;-)
    Which is a nice little theory that doesn't mention that Rovers pay rent for every game there, as does every other event. Funding in councils for parks/recreation is different to commercial ventures. They have different reasons for building things
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Yeah, councils levy rates and rents and lots of other made-up charges on business-owners. There's nothing to say a council can't have a purely commercial venture to help raise funds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Yeah, councils levy rates and rents and lots of other made-up charges on business-owners. There's nothing to say a council can't have a purely commercial venture to help raise funds.
    i think at the end of the day the council owning the stadium has its pros and cons, we dont have to worry about the upkeep of the stadium and they will improve capacity if the demand is there, whats good for us is good for them after all. Little things like seat colours, which at the time was a bone of contention with hoops fans, can be a nuisance as we have no say, but over time noone actually cares anymore. If both parties work together it could be a great partnership which benefits both club and council. personally im just glad we have a home ground, owners or not, and can, as we have been doing, reestablish ourselves as the no.1 team in the country. Peolple on here can spout the usual 'Homeless crap' but 2 league titles, All Ireland Title and Europa group stage, you think rovers fans give a hoop.

16. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Iarfhlaith Davoran on trial at Hibs apparently? I wouldn't have predicted that.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Eddie Gormley to Dundalk as manager. In independent that he is now front runner. ****ing hell.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Iarfhlaith Davoran on trial at Hibs apparently? I wouldn't have predicted that.
    No suprise to people who go to The Showgies regularly Charlie, I'd say. Been fantastic for us in the last couple of seasons and his game has improved alot since he came to us. People always said Stevens was best left full in the league, but I always thought Dav wasnt far behind.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    No suprise to people who go to The Showgies regularly Charlie, I'd say. Been fantastic for us in the last couple of seasons and his game has improved alot since he came to us. People always said Stevens was best left full in the league, but I always thought Dav wasnt far behind.
    Fenlon was saying he impressed in a friendly against a Celtic selection.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts
    He's out of contract presumably? Since I'm on this thread, the only rumours regarding LTFC that I've heard are Karl Bermingham and Alan Kirby possibly heading our way. Would love to see Kirby back.

Page 16 of 81 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast