Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Wexford Youths - 2012 Season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    461 Posts

Wexford Youths - 2012 Season

Note a few interesting comments on the Foot site regarding the format of the Leagues next year and whether the Youths will be part of it. I am sure Mick Wallace's plan is to definitely go ahead next year.
    To quote part of the last paragraph of his notes in the last programme against Salthill -

"Looking to the future, I have many problems to address in the next few months. I intend to put a working committee in place that will meet every month, we need to get more people involved from the community, we need to start a lotto, bring in a head of coaching who will be involved at all levels, we need to cut our costs, we need to engage more Wexford players in next senior's senior squad and lots more."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    461 Posts
    I think the critical issue is whether the lease which the Youths have on Ferrycarrig Park is robust enough. If the ground can be retained, I would be reasonably confident we'll have a senior team next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaForth View Post
    "Looking to the future, I have many problems to address in the next few months. I intend to put a working committee in place that will meet every month, we need to get more people involved from the community, we need to start a lotto, bring in a head of coaching who will be involved at all levels, we need to cut our costs, we need to engage more Wexford players in next senior's senior squad and lots more."
    I was delighted to read this but it will depend on how many are willing to help with this committee and those that get involved being open to new involvement
    And Miles To Go Before We Sleep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    With new manager in place and some of things being said in interviews starting to get more and more excited about new season. seems to be a new lease of life around the club with a renewed optisism.

some interviews with Shane here
    And Miles To Go Before We Sleep