Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff Hendrick M Sheffield Wednesday (loan from Newcastle) b.1992

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...y-county-in-1/

Medical tomorrow for Hendrick ahead of a £10.5 million move to Burnley. Can't complain too much about that move for him. Dyche is a good, young manager who clearly rates Hendrick. He often speaks about the need for a club like Burnley to be prudent so this is a show of faith. Defour is a fairly experienced player to be pitted beside too and I'd be positive about Hendrick using his surging runs to link up with a speed-merchant like Andre Gray getting in behind defences.
    Yeah they're all good points but for some reason I find the potential of moving to Burnley a bit underwhelming. Where will they be in twelve months time? The soft spot I have for Derby is probably clouding my judgement on this as well to be fair, even if Burnley are relegated this season at least Hendrick will have had some PL experience and the chance to progress further. There's nothing to stop him moving on again if he proves himself to be good enough. I suppose the time is right for him move out of his comfort zone and test himself at a higher level.
    Last edited by DeLorean; 31/08/2016 at 9:41 AM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    I'm hot linked to a friend over there actually. He's a little traumatised over these developments, says 'Hendo' is his favourite Derby player since Igor Stimac!
    The croatians always seem to leave a lasting impression wherever they go, whether its good or bad.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts

4. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Signed, sealed, delivered and a few quotes from the main man: http://www.the42.ie/jeff-hendrick-jo...57720-Aug2016/

Yeah they're all good points but for some reason I find the potential of moving to Burnley a bit underwhelming. Where will they be in twelve months time? The soft spot I have for Derby is probably clouding my judgement on this as well to be fair, even if Burnley are relegated this season at least Hendrick will have had some PL experience and the chance to progress further. There's nothing to stop him moving on again if he proves himself to be good enough. I suppose the time is right for him move out of his comfort zone and test himself at a higher level.
    I agree, a small bit underwhelming but I think that if he shows himself to be a £10.5m player then he won't be going back down with Burnley anyway. Having said that, I think Robbie Brady showed last season he was well worth the £8m price tag only for Norwich to price him out of a move to good sides.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    It is quite a bit of money, down to his Euro display? Would not have paid that last year. But having paid that that will be playing him (I hope!).

Will be a chance to see more of him.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    "“I am surprised, I must admit, that he is not playing in the Premier League. Particularly on the strength of what he did in the Euros and I actually think Jeff Hendrick [who moved to Burnley for around €12.5 million on Wednesday] was transferred on what he’s done at the Euros, not really what he’s done for Derby in the last year."

I thought id posted something similar on this thread " on the back of the Euros". I wasnt to know he would produce it at the Euros :P

At least if O'Neill thinks certain players should be in the premier league then he won't have the stupid mentality of "championship players" he likes to throw out.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Of course he didn't get a £10.5m move to the PL on the back of a season in the Championship where he was in and out of the team.

You didn't see his potential though, it doesn't matter if he did it in the Euros, kicked on afterwards for Derby or whatever, but you just couldn't see him ever moving to the PL without getting there via a promoted side.

It's okay to be wrong Paul.

100% wrong with no ifs & buts.

9. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    I don't mind being wrong in this case. I was merely pointing out that he hadn't shown the potential before the Euros, to be good enough to be picked up to play in the Premiership. I stick by that. I am sure I was not the only one presently surprised.

Good to see he has it in him though, hopefully he keeps it consistent - he was very bad when he came on against Oman. Oh man he had a bad game.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Flying over and back to England to do a medical that very same day probably wouldn't have helped his pre-match preparation, not to mention being injured for a few weeks, but he did a few good things too. He could do with a goal for us though I think, I'd say it's kind of hanging over him a bit at this stage.

He had showed plenty of potential of being a PL standard player pre-Euros over the past five years... both for us and Derby, just had a bit of a stop/start season at club level for various reasons. We tried telling you how brilliant he was in that playoff semi final against Hull but you did your best to pour cold water over it, well as it turned out it was a sign of things to come, for the short-term at least. Granted the Euros was a monumental step up from Championship level football.

There's no doubt he'll have to add some real consistency to his game to be a success in the PL long-term.

12. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    I think he's got bags of potential. I think since he's become more settled in the Ireland team he's swapped out a slight hesitance on the ball and replaced it with this tendency to drive into space with his head up. I think this development will continue at Burnley. There has been a managerial merry-go-round at Derby and now he's going to Burnley where he's playing beside an international-level player in Defour and a settled and, seemingly, brilliant manager in Sean Dyche. I think the chips are stacked in his favour and I look forward to seeing this unfold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Well aside from the Euro's he has 26 irish caps, that has to be worth a bob or two?

I just note he has never scored for Ireland, I seem to remember him scoring but I maybe thinking of a great assist? (to someone like hollahan?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    This is not the one I was think off but.... well worth a watch, he has great feet.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    Well aside from the Euro's he has 26 irish caps, that has to be worth a bob or two?

I just note he has never scored for Ireland, I seem to remember him scoring but I maybe thinking of a great assist? (to someone like hollahan?)
    Yeah, against Poland

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Yeah, against Poland
    This one:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    That was his debut too if I remember correctly...was a very impressive pass. He's got a lot of quality about him and was a stand out in the Euros. Just needs to kick on with a little consistency at club level now that he has his chance in the bpl.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    This one:

Yes that was the one, quick thinking and good control with the chest from both he and Wes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    That was his debut too if I remember correctly...was a very impressive pass. He's got a lot of quality about him and was a stand out in the Euros. Just needs to kick on with a little consistency at club level now that he has his chance in the bpl.
    I think that is the thing, he can be a little inconsistent, sometime has a great game but other times looks a bit ordinary, still it is better than being a bit
    ordinary all the time and of course you are not going to have a great game every week no matter who you are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    While we are on the topic of quality Hendrick assists, this one springs immediately to mind...lest we forget. To track the ball over his shoulder like that and get enough connection on it to send it back across into the danger area, first time, is a true touch of class.

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    A little simplistic but those assists against Germany and Georgia accumulated three extra points, the margin between ourselves and Scotland in the end and they would have finished ahead of us on head-to-heads had we been level. Along with McGeady's winner in Georgia, they were probably the two standout moments of individual quality throughout our whole qualification campaign.

26. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    First Premier League goal to put Burnley 1-0 ahead against Watford. A downward header from a corner which bounced between the legs of his teammate in front of the goal.

Great for him to get off the mark, hopefully Burnley can hold on to the three points. It mentioned earlier that he had scored three career goals against Watford, which was already more than he has against any other club. They must be his lucky team.

He's playing okay overall, their system suits him. Lost possession a couple of times when he was looking for a free kick, the second which he should probably have got. Ward has had very little to do.
    Last edited by DeLorean; 26/09/2016 at 8:51 PM.

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast