Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Hendrick (M Newcastle b.1992)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Jeff Hendrick (M Newcastle b.1992)

Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    I think Parrott is the obvious 10 once he proves he can do it at men’s level. This could be just a few months away.
    No, he is a 9 in the mould for Francis Stapleton, former Arsenal and Man U striker. He can drop but we need a goalscorer or goalscorers at the time being. Some say Stapleton wasnt a dribbler but ive watched him when he played and now under the lockdown from the old clips, and the guy was a bit like Batistuta, composed in the air, but skillful to get people off with the ball at his feet, well Parrott i rate him as a young Stapleton.

My good question is Would you have played Stapleton as a 10 in his prime if you were the coach?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    As number 10 i campaign for James McCarthy,
    let Hendrick do the silent work and allow McCarthy to play as a playmaker further, with no defensive duties, he may recover possession further on the pitch and start new attacks
    Last edited by Bielsa´s irish; 25/10/2020 at 7:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Maybe many moons ago McCarthy could play 10. Doesn’t have the legs for it now. He is our best holding midfielder, a good tackler, and that’s where he’ll play for us unless he calls time on his international career which I fear is a real possibility.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    Maybe many moons ago McCarthy could play 10. Doesn’t have the legs for it now. He is our best holding midfielder, a good tackler, and that’s where he’ll play for us unless he calls time on his international career which I fear is a real possibility.
    yes thats my worry, but Platini didnt have the legs either.

Of course he plays there at club level, but i say free the guy to make is classy passing,

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    a 10 doesnt need a lot of legs, just a football brain.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    For my a change of formation is irrevocable under Kenny a 3-5-2 formation is what we are gonna need, there you place a playmaker, an extra defender and the wing backs
    Last edited by Bielsa´s irish; 25/10/2020 at 7:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Nice reverse angles of it here, Wes had to break stride ever so slightly but great control and vision alright. His debut iirc.
    Trap's reaction after Wes scores speaks volumes
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    Trap's reaction after Wes scores speaks volumes
    How bad Trapatonni did, specially when choosing players and tactics. Tardelli should have replaced him after the EURO. That game vs Austria at home was a sign of his tutelage. The alaba strike was a knife in mild butter

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    cant evade the chance of revisionism on Trapattoni, he ordered the nat team, and only that until Liam Brady left. I tought Chippy would have taken over. He was all wrong, alienated and fell out with stephen reid, james mccarthy and a lot of good players. Brought players that werent up to the task. Did all wrong with hoolahan and other flair players, and i have an idea he did that because he understimated Ireland and that was his jubilatory pay off last job. Easy Money.

Liam brady was meant to replaced Trap after 2009

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post

Why didn't he? And why was he meant to replace Trap? His managerial record isn't exactly glowing

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    He didnt bring young players to the squad, only defenders the Euro 2012 exposed how out of the game he was, a charlatan under my view. He didnt trust on players and sat on a pile of money. Rory Delap never got a chance, and he didnt built for the future, he failed as italian manager in 2002 and failed again, of course he was a lobby man, so he got always jobs.
    Thats why he trusted in below standard players because the better ones knew he was a charlatan.

the only two first years were good, he gave order to the national team, professionalism all things from outside the pitch. He was the president of the fai in a sense

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Why didn't he? And why was he meant to replace Trap? His managerial record isn't exactly glowing
    I know, thats what I thought when he left, wasnt him better than Staunton, though?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    He didnt bring young players to the squad, only defenders the Euro 2012 exposed how out of the game he was, a charlatan under my view. He didnt trust on players and sat on a pile of money. Rory Delap never got a chance, and he didnt built for the future, he failed as italian manager in 2002 and failed again, of course he was a lobby man, so he got always jobs.
    Thats why he trusted in below standard players because the better ones knew he was a charlatan.

the only two first years were good, he gave order to the national team, professionalism all things from outside the pitch. He was the president of the fai in a sense
    I don't agree with the highlighted part. I just believe he had a system and nothing could go against that. Hence, Wes and Andy Reid were never going to fit his system.

Rory Delap got 11 caps. Most of them under Mick McCatrhy so he as consistently ignored by Irish managers. I personally would've picked him a lot more often if I was Irish manager.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    How do you rate Trap six years ? he had a pedigree, but he was yesterday's man, football went ahead and he didnt realized.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    I don't agree with the highlighted part. I just believe he had a system and nothing could go against that. Hence, Wes and Andy Reid were never going to fit his system.

Rory Delap got 11 caps. Most of them under Mick McCatrhy so he as consistently ignored by Irish managers. I personally would've picked him a lot more often if I was Irish manager.
    how many were betrayed by Gio? i can give you 10 good names

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    No, he is a 9 in the mould for Francis Stapleton, former Arsenal and Man U striker. He can drop but we need a goalscorer or goalscorers at the time being. Some say Stapleton wasnt a dribbler but ive watched him when he played and now under the lockdown from the old clips, and the guy was a bit like Batistuta, composed in the air, but skillful to get people off with the ball at his feet, well Parrott i rate him as a young Stapleton.

My good question is Would you have played Stapleton as a 10 in his prime if you were the coach?
    Stapleton was known as Frank, don't call him Francis. We all know he played for Arsenal and United. Please post some of these clips that show him as a dribbler.

cant evade the chance of revisionism on Trapattoni, he ordered the nat team, and only that until Liam Brady left. I tought Chippy would have taken over. He was all wrong, alienated and fell out with stephen reid, james mccarthy and a lot of good players. Brought players that werent up to the task. Did all wrong with hoolahan and other flair players, and i have an idea he did that because he understimated Ireland and that was his jubilatory pay off last job. Easy Money.

There is no evidence that Brady was meant to replace Trapattoni after 2009. The manager was quite popular at the time, and the team was riding a wave of public support after Henry's handball in the play off game. If you have any evidence to the contrary, please provide it.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Stapleton was known as Frank, don't call him Francis. We all know he played for Arsenal and United. Please post some of these clips that show him as a dribbler.

There is no evidence that Brady was meant to replace Trapattoni after 2009. The manager was quite popular at the time, and the team was riding a wave of public support after Henry's handball in the play off game. If you have any evidence to the contrary, please provide it.
    No, I clarify that i said I thought he was meant to be, Brady was tidy when there.......I still have my doubts if he resigns because of that. Remember Trap had a stroke and surgery later that year.

The guy had some aura I gave you that, and is the only man in football who failed miserably in BMunich and then was re-hired!

Trapattoni was good you know organizationally but sportingly he was a disaster, ok he got lucky Estonia and all that, he alienated players or disrespect them, and when the boat
    was sinking he left his post in the same state, in a disarray.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    No, I clarify that i said I thought he was meant to be, Brady was tidy when there.......I still have my doubts if he resigns because of that. Remember Trap had a stroke and surgery later that year.
    Trapattoni didn't have a stroke - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9341222.stm

The guy had some aura I gave you that, and is the only man in football who failed miserably in BMunich and then was re-hired!

Trapattoni was good you know organizationally but sportingly he was a disaster, ok he got lucky Estonia and all that, he alienated players or disrespect them, and when the boat
    was sinking he left his post in the same state, in a disarray.
    I hate the "he was lucky to get Estonia" argument when it comes to Trapattoni, it ignores the work to get the team into the seeded pot, after being unseeded in the 2010 play offs.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Trapattoni didn't have a stroke - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9341222.stm

I hate the "he was lucky to get Estonia" argument when it comes to Trapattoni, it ignores the work to get the team into the seeded pot, after being unseeded in the 2010 play offs.
    did you see his face once Hoolahan smoothly made a beauty, chest and net? Trap wanted to be somewhere else, eaten alive by a hole in the ground

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    542 Posts

Whatever about the system re Wes and Andy Reid. Steven Reid is a perfect example of him alienating someone who should have been starting. In his first games Steven was fantastic alongside Whelan... his refusal to initially integrate McClean, Coleman and McCarthy was a flaw. Saying he wanted to be loyal to older players... playing Given in the euros when he was obviously injured... Playing Paul Green etc etc etc

The likes of Delap and Delaney were underused.

Kevin Foley was absolute f****d over by him in appalling fashion, having been told he was 100% in the squad, with his entire family and extended family booking flights over, then to be replaced my McShane last minute... appalling stuff...

Can’t blame him for Stephen Ireland who is a headbanger but nonetheless, he wasn’t able to get him playing again...

There were so many cases of mismanagement it was unbelievable. Kilbane talked about it how he never even spoke to him to tell him that he was done with him, after 120 caps or whatever it was. He was injured for one squad and then he just stopped selecting him. Finnan made similar comments if I remember correctly. Think Joey O’Brien, then a young premier league player said they didn’t know his name.

Trap came in and initially created a defensive solidity that helped us after Stan’s disaster. But after that first campaign - it basically went downhill...

21. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast