Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Hendrick (M Newcastle b.1992)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Once he said James McCarthy was a Platini or Gianni Rivera, gave him the number 10 shirt, then he said , the kid is too shy

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Whatever about the system re Wes and Andy Reid. Steven Reid is a perfect example of him alienating someone who should have been starting. In his first games Steven was fantastic alongside Whelan... his refusal to initially integrate McClean, Coleman and McCarthy was a flaw. Saying he wanted to be loyal to older players... playing Given in the euros when he was obviously injured... Playing Paul Green etc etc etc

The likes of Delap and Delaney were underused.

Kevin Foley was absolute f****d over by him in appalling fashion, having been told he was 100% in the squad, with his entire family and extended family booking flights over, then to be replaced my McShane last minute... appalling stuff...

Can’t blame him for Stephen Ireland who is a headbanger but nonetheless, he wasn’t able to get him playing again...

There were so many cases of mismanagement it was unbelievable. Kilbane talked about it how he never even spoke to him to tell him that he was done with him, after 120 caps or whatever it was. He was injured for one squad and then he just stopped selecting him. Finnan made similar comments if I remember correctly. Think Joey O’Brien, then a young premier league player said they didn’t know his name.

Trap came in and initially created a defensive solidity that helped us after Stan’s disaster. But after that first campaign - it basically went downhill...
    thats to sum this up. PLus he got players in their primes, I think Ireland copied what England did with a catenaccio yourger version Capello

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Trapattoni was a very clumsy and luxury regime of football. He even mimicked a violin when he confronted the people of Ireland, he said something like you want to beat everyone 3- nil and we are Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Stapleton was known as Frank, don't call him Francis. We all know he played for Arsenal and United. Please post some of these clips that show him as a dribbler.
    Bielsa - you have 24 hours to post the clips of Stapleton as a dribbler or I'm giving you an infraction for unsubstantiated claims.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

5. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Bielsa - you have 24 hours to post the clips of Stapleton as a dribbler or I'm giving you an infraction for unsubstantiated claims.
    ja

i have some clips on youtube, he wasnt Iniesta, he was a 9 but he was composed, can I copy his roulette among 3 defenders?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Stapleton dribbler

probe 1 https://youtu.be/5-ilpSklY3Y?t=52http://<a href="https://youtu.be/5-i...klY3Y?t=52</a> white shirt scapes last defender with a flick

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    probe 2 roulette among 3 guys 38 years of this beauty
    https://youtu.be/0B7VF2Iqmk0?t=58 https://youtu.be/0B7VF2Iqmk0?t=58

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    probe 3 https://youtu.be/K30tA3R_FYY?t=320 https://youtu.be/K30tA3R_FYY?t=320

dribble through 2 guys for Arsenal.

probe 4 dribbled past Jean Marie Pfaff https://youtu.be/JewGBlb2eOk?t=199 https://youtu.be/JewGBlb2eOk?t=199

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    You're smoking some wacky stuff if you think any of that constitutes dribbling

11. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Whatever about the system re Wes and Andy Reid. Steven Reid is a perfect example of him alienating someone who should have been starting. In his first games Steven was fantastic alongside Whelan... his refusal to initially integrate McClean, Coleman and McCarthy was a flaw. Saying he wanted to be loyal to older players... playing Given in the euros when he was obviously injured... Playing Paul Green etc etc etc

Kevin Foley was absolute f****d over by him in appalling fashion, having been told he was 100% in the squad, with his entire family and extended family booking flights over, then to be replaced my McShane last minute... appalling stuff...

Can’t blame him for Stephen Ireland who is a headbanger but nonetheless, he wasn’t able to get him playing again...

There were so many cases of mismanagement it was unbelievable. Kilbane talked about it how he never even spoke to him to tell him that he was done with him, after 120 caps or whatever it was. He was injured for one squad and then he just stopped selecting him. Finnan made similar comments if I remember correctly. Think Joey O’Brien, then a young premier league player said they didn’t know his name.

Trap came in and initially created a defensive solidity that helped us after Stan’s disaster. But after that first campaign - it basically went downhill...
    Poor old Stephen kelly had to take legal action. When trap directly lied and said Stephen doesn't want to play for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts

Agree with most of this. Steven Reid had a bad injury and Trap essentially retired him.
    Foley was screwed over but Jack did the same to Gary Waddock in 1990.

Actually thought Paul Green did ok in a few games and was a bit of a fall guy for Trap. Andrews had some terrible games under Trap too.

He clearly had poor man-management skills, yet Stephen Hunt who was dropped by him in the Euros still spoke highly of him.
    Hunt really should've seen game time in Euro 2012. Gibson should have too. McClean got game time and still moaned about it. It was clearly a quite unhappy camp.
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    You're smoking some wacky stuff if you think any of that constitutes dribbling
    Agreed, none of that is dribbling. Bielsa, Retract the claim that he was like Batistuta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    how many were betrayed by Gio? i can give you 10 good names

Just for the craic, give us the 10 names there.

PS none of those videos you posted show Stapleton being a dribbler
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

16. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Dribble
    (in soccer, hockey, and basketball) take (the ball) forwards past opponents with slight touches of the feet or the stick

Some of those links above can certainly be considered to meet the definition of “dribbling” even if over only a few seconds or yards.

what do ya’s want from him here lads? He was asked to post clips to back up his claim that Stapleton was a dribbler he has went and done that. I have see countless opinions aired on here with much less evidence to support them and the poster isn’t pulled on it never mind outright hounded about it.

If others don’t agree the clips reflect that and don’t consider Frank Stapleton to be a player who was a particularly good dribbler that is merely a matter of opinion. This is a football forum designed, surely, for the sharing and discussion of differing opinions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Clip 4 - he didn't dribble past Pfaff; he was taken out by him
    Clip 3 - not a dribble; he just turned past the two defenders. Good play and a great goal, but not a dribble.
    Clip 2 - he in fact turns back to create space rather than try go past the defenders. Again, a great goal, but not a dribble.
    Clip 1 - that's a great first touch, not a dribble.

Damien Duff was a dribbler. Stapleton wasn't.

19. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    I personally agree but that’s a matter of opinion. A good first touch is part and parcel of a dribble or dribbling.

I wouldn’t consider it dribbling unless it involves a series of touches and carrying the ball but that’s my opinion. The poster was asked to provide clips and provided clips that can credibly be argued to constitute some form of dribbling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    I don't agree the clips can be credibly so argued. Creating space and dribbling are not the same. And in the Pfaff case, he didn't get past the player.

But the bigger issue I think is that Bielsa is always throwing out random assertions (as in, I suspect the use of a random comment generator), many of which are pointlessly cryptic, too many of which eventually turn out to be nonsense, and it's getting a bit tiresome.

22. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Frank Stapleton did not even dribble as a newborn ! !

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I don't agree the clips can be credibly so argued. Creating space and dribbling are not the same. And in the Pfaff case, he didn't get past the player.

But the bigger issue I think is that Bielsa is always throwing out random assertions (as in, I suspect the use of a random comment generator), many of which are pointlessly cryptic, too many of which eventually turn out to be nonsense, and it's getting a bit tiresome.
    It may be a computer doing a Turing Test on us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    He used to post on YBIG under the name Javier, and it was pretty much the same. Random capitalisation of words, claiming player X was as good as a world class player - kept claiming Eunan O'Kane was the next Gattuso IIRC - referring to the team as Eire, claiming he watched games on ESPN Argentina,
    it got tiresome very, very quickly, the other users started ignoring him, and he stopped posting.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

26. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast