Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Hendrick M Sheffield Wednesday (loan from Newcastle) b.1992

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    If anyone can find a decent link for that polish goal. The weight of the pass is amazing
    Nice reverse angles of it here, Wes had to break stride ever so slightly but great control and vision alright. His debut iirc.

2. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Self-promotion is no promotion, tets

4. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    horrible match played better when he played deep as a holding mid...Thats were I rate him to play. Too slow. Brighton looked like Ajax Amsterdam.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Enjoying Hendrick in this deep role today. Really think this is where we would get best from him alongside McCarthy. Just does not have the guile to be our 10 it's unfair on him. Problem is neither does molumby or Browne or Cullen or knight they are all 8s or maybe 6s but not 10s ar international level. Who does that leave for a proper 10 maybe Byrne but he seems to drop deep these days, o dowda maybe as much as I hoped he is not quite at that level, Brady I tink he would be if he could ever get match fit, hourihane I think has the attributes for our level, crowley for me would be interesting but I accept things have been slow for him at Birmingham this season but I think he might be injured.

Is there anyone else ? I'm not including mcgoldrick cause of his utter and complete inability to run back , tackle or have any appreciation of the defensive side of midfield. As much as we have been praising our underage players I haven't seen any 10 type player in our underage teams in the last 10 years since we had grealish on board and nobody with a 10s ability of a crowley. I include Ronan in that who has been hood for us but I find it hard to see when he will be at the level to be a 10 at senior level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    I think Parrott is the obvious 10 once he proves he can do it at men’s level. This could be just a few months away.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    I think Parrott is the obvious 10 once he proves he can do it at men’s level. This could be just a few months away.
    Parrott looks like he is our best centre forward since robbie . He would be a good 10 but could he be a great 9? 10s in this system have such a tough job with 3 more forward luxuary players in front of them there is no chance for the 10 to be a luxury

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Three and a half pages of off topic and pointless posts removed.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

10. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Three and a half pages of off topic and pointless posts removed.
    When seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

12. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    The lesser mentioned Jeff Hendrick on here. Thinking about his move to Newcastle at the weekend and what the future holds for him, very close to going badly wrong if we view relegation as that?

A few bright performances and a lot of nothing it seems from his time on Tyneside so far, a continuation then of what went on at Burnley only in a slightly poorer team.

What next?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    You have to hand it to him, he has earned an incredible amount of money relative to what he has produced in return. Probably doesn't have a relegation pay cut in his contract either given that it was a free transfer and it's Newcastle we're talking about.

Relegation might not be the worst thing for him, he's not a Premier League standard player for me, despite 150 or so appearances to his name somewhat disproving that theory. I recall him being good for Derby in the Championship, so maybe he'd find his level and some form back in that division like Hourihane has.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    You have to hand it to him, he has earned an incredible amount of money relative to what he has produced in return. Probably doesn't have a relegation pay cut in his contract either given that it was a free transfer and it's Newcastle we're talking about.

Relegation might not be the worst thing for him, he's not a Premier League standard player for me, despite 150 or so appearances to his name somewhat disproving that theory. I recall him being good for Derby in the Championship, so maybe he'd find his level and some form back in that division like Hourihane has.
    I was just going to say something similar. Judging by his performances for us and even in the Premiership for awhile now it looks like he is a Championship Standard Player and if you sign Championship standard players there is every chance you will end up playing in the Championship.

As you said, fair dues to him he has been paid handsomely for what he has produced.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    He's got three years left on his four year contract, and he'll be 32 when it ends. I think he made a good move to run down his contract and take the money on offer at Newcastle. If they get relegated there'll be pressure to play him or loan him out and cover a large portion of his wages. Either way he wins. I honestly don't understand why more players do this and why clubs are willing to pay any kind of a transfer fee for players at all. If I was in charge of a Premier League club, I'd simply sign out of contract players to save the transfer fee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Pretty much what Allardyce did at Bolton

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    I was just going to say something similar. Judging by his performances for us and even in the Premiership for awhile now it looks like he is a Championship Standard Player and if you sign Championship standard players there is every chance you will end up playing in the Championship.

As you said, fair dues to him he has been paid handsomely for what he has produced.
    And yet Burnley didn't really come close to relegation in the four seasons he was a regular there, they even managed two top half finishes and qualified for Europe.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    And yet Burnley didn't really come close to relegation in the four seasons he was a regular there, they even managed two top half finishes and qualified for Europe.
    Perhaps they did not have enough other Championship Players ?

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    The funny thing is that Burnley really are just a bunch of Championship players, but somehow Sean Dyche is able to get them to play together like a cohesive unit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    They've very much a PL quality goalkeeper and defence for a start.

22. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Yes, being rock solid at the back can help cover for other inadequacies in a team. As a lot of Ireland teams have shown over the decades. There is a ceiling to what you can achieve with that approach though - Burnley do get absolutely taken apart from time to time by the likes of Man City whereas other Premier League teams of a similar standing seem to match up to the top sides better.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Under Kenny Ireland attempt to play out from the back with great passivity and to to no obvious effect whatever. And with players ill-suited to doing so.

It's suicidal against teams who press high and means we're ineffectually passing the ball around in front of counterattacking teams. Really nonsensical and pointless.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    Under Kenny Ireland attempt to play out from the back with great passivity and to to no obvious effect whatever. And with players ill-suited to doing so.

It's suicidal against teams who press high and means we're ineffectually passing the ball around in front of counterattacking teams. Really nonsensical and pointless.
    So what do you suggest? Stick a big man (that we dont have) up front and just hoof from the back?

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast