Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff Hendrick M Sheffield Wednesday (loan from Newcastle) b.1992

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    It is hard to figure out why they'd be interested in him when he hasn't really played very well for Burnley, especially over the last year.
    He's a free agent - that tends to trump form in a lot of cases. Signing him would be fairly low-risk for a club that's a bit strapped at the moment. That said, the same is true for any English club that wants to sign him and I'd be surprised if he left for less money in Italy.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,093 Posts
    Dan McDonnell supports the Milan link: https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-39248845.html

3. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    In the end Newcastle or the like will just double his wages and he will stay in England

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    It is hard to figure out why they'd be interested in him when he hasn't really played very well for Burnley, especially over the last year.
    He was definitely out of sorts in his last game for ireland but I thought over the season he had improved with Burnley the more he played and he pretty much nailed his first team spot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    being linked with Roma in this morning's papers
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Is his Agent Stranded In Italy ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    It could be that having been linked with one of them, the others have taken a look. Free is good sauce.

It is possibly just his agent releasing rumours to bump up the perception of demand to help with negotiations.

I would guess the most likely explanation is that the papers invent the majority of these rumours, and having been linked with one Italian club, it's an obvious rumour to invent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Is his Agent Stranded In Italy ?
    I remember Marco Tardelli saying he recommended him to Italian clubs at one point.

10. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    542 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    I remember Marco Tardelli saying he recommended him to Italian clubs at one point.
    In around 2014 (maybe 2013 or 2015), I recommended him to someone working for a mid to lower table Bundesliga club.

The person didn’t have any power to make the decision at all, but was able to have meaningful conversations with the person making the decisions. He was available for under £2m and I argued that he was undervalued and there were players in the championship who could do a job in the Bundesliga.

After his performances in Euro 2016 and when he was sold to for £13m to Burnley, I felt vindicated...

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    He's walked out on Burnley, could face serious legal ramifications along with Aaron Lennon, Phil Bardsley and Joe Hart, who have all refused to see out their existing contracts which don't expire until June 30.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    He's walked out on Burnley, could face serious legal ramifications along with Aaron Lennon, Phil Bardsley and Joe Hart, who have all refused to see out their existing contracts which don't expire until June 30.
    Thats only a week away.. Its not as if they would be that committed in that week especially with the Covid-19 restrictions ! !

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    851 Posts
    Anything I read from the Burnley manager was blaming the higher ups at the club for letting it get to this. If the club didn't offer him anything, or they couldn't agree one, why should he risk getting crocked ? All he has to say is he had a temperature and a bit of a cough anyway and all the 'legal ramifications' go up in smoke.

15. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    739 Posts
    Wherever he goes after this I hope it is a club that suits his style of play more. It's unfortunate that two of our more cultured players, in Hendrick and Brady, have been playing in a Burnley team that doesn't play much quality football. Although, to be fair, Ireland haven't played much quality football either in the last few years.

I think Hendrick could actually be a good fit to Kenny's style of play but it would help if he's playing a similar way regularly at club level.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    There's far more to that story I imagine
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    There's far more to that story I imagine
    There's a twitter rumor that he's being offered another deal, a full new deal.

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

57m
    Burnley. Hendrick has now been offered a deal. Yet to sign it. But at least it’s an effort by the money men ...
    Last edited by geysir; 23/06/2020 at 7:28 PM.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    I find it unbelievable that someone would refuse to honor their contact. Both Hendrick and Brady have been eligible to sign pre-contract agreements since January 1 but have not done so, choosing to run the clock down. What would be the difference between refusing to play these fixtures if they took place back in March or April? They are both under contract until June 30, not May 5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    I find it unbelievable that someone would refuse to honor their contact.
    You've never given an employer notice and immediately went on holiday? (And this is their normal holiday period!) You've never swung the lead on your last week at a job?

Both Hendrick and Brady have been eligible to sign pre-contract agreements since January 1 but have not done so, choosing to run the clock down.
    What's your point here? They should have signed for someone else and spent the last six months swinging the lead? I doubt it does much for a player's motivation to perform at an elite level if he knows he's leaving. The club has had years to negotiate a new contract; they haven't.

What would be the difference between refusing to play these fixtures if they took place back in March or April? They are both under contract until June 30, not May 5.
    6 days left vs 90 days is a 1500% difference.

Three months of access to an elite sports club's medical staff and facilities, and three months to recover before potentially failing a fitness test for a contract worth millions of quid. What do you want from Hendrick? Go out an bust a nut and risk millions for a company that's told him they don't rate him enough to pay him what he's worth?

Notions of honour and all that are all well and good, but a wealthy corporation doesn't give a **** about you any more than they are required by law to. Some of that comes back around once in a while.

21. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    [COLOR=#333333]You've never given an employer notice and immediately went on holiday? (And this is their normal holiday period!) You've never swung the lead on your last week at a job?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Haha Please don't apply for a job in my company! I have never done any of that [/COLOR]

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Maybe he had been taking flying lessons?

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Burnley have confirmed that Jeff Hendrick will depart the club when his contract expires on 30 June.
    The Republic of Ireland midfielder was among a group of players left out of the Premier League club's matchday squad for the defeat at Manchester City on Monday, with manager Sean Dyche citing the contract situation of those whose deals were on the point of expiration.
    "The club was unable to agree terms on a new deal with the Republic of Ireland international," Burnley confirmed on their official website on Wednesday.
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020...hendrick-exit/

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast