Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last home game - bring a friend!

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts

Last home game - bring a friend!

So this time tomorrow night we will be counting down the months till our next home game. Would be nice to end with a win and get 3 in a row which would hopefully help us secure 5th of course wed need something in cork too and waterford to slip up against limerick.

What would also be nice would be a decent crowd im not talking massive numbers just something respectable because the gloominess around flancare last time out was depressing and it cant be nice for the players, if everyone just dragged 1 person along it would make a big difference so everyone try their best and lets give the lads the send off the deserve they have given us a great season.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,082 Posts
    It'd be nice to have even a reasonable crowd tomorrow night. I wouldn't get my hopes up however. I think Waterford are going to nick fifth on us though unfortunately. That win against Shels last week will do it for them. We'll probably lose in Cork and they'll beat Mervue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    I think wel get a point in Cork (if we win tonight with a good performance 2 boot) Weather has been sh1te all day so guess we know everybods excuse in advance .... crowd prediction 81 ....lets see who gets it the closest for the craic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    First goal all down to Gillespies delivery which caused problems all night (apart from that he was far to quiet in a central position) Salthill's goal was just down to shocking defending. Not a great way to send the lads off but glad to see most people stayed back to applaud the lads off for their efforts this season, unfortunately I dont see us getting 5th now and we havent really gained any momentum going into one of the toughest games a team can face - Cork City in Turners chasing promotion.

As for the farcical end to the game HOW ON EARTH can a referee/linesman not know that you cant be offside from a throw in!!! It's the very first thing your thought as a referee....Will look to see if hes dropped for next week.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,082 Posts
    Salthill were incredibly annoying to watch and I'd imagine to play against. The amount of times they kicked it out of the ground, wasting time, fouling constantly. Their number 7 must have committed about twenty fouls, he had no idea how to tackle properly. Our final ball was terrible however. An aggravating way to end the home campaign but I don't think we were going to manage fifth even before tonight.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Salthill were incredibly annoying to watch and I'd imagine to play against. The amount of times they kicked it out of the ground, wasting time, fouling constantly. Their number 7 must have committed about twenty fouls, he had no idea how to tackle properly. Our final ball was terrible however. An aggravating way to end the home campaign but I don't think we were going to manage fifth even before tonight.
    They came with a plan (a dirty one but a plan none the less) and pulled it off, ye that no.7 was a wnkr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Outspoken are you blind? Gillespie was all over the pitch the whole night! He was easily our best player, defended exceptionally well and made some great passes and headers. He also tackled very well.
    Crawley and McGreal played well I thought, as did Gary Cronin. Rouse is unable to kick a ball.
    What a disappointing end to the season.
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Defensively he was very good but offensively he offered nothing (apart from set pieces) he never created any space for himself or looked for the ball or anything, yes he was prob told to hold but against salthill whats the need? get him the ball see what he can do.....had he got a good touch in he could have chipped the keeper in the second half. Crawley was ok not as effective as in past games think he plays better away from home for some reason and Gary did do well yes. Rouses kicking was awful always has been but he made some good saves and thats more important than anything. We really missed Dotsy and Salmo tonight and we still need a quality striker I think Noel McGee would be a top signing.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,082 Posts
    McGee would be a good signing but apparently he doesn't like us very much. Seems to like scoring against us though the little fooker. We'll need a proper replacement for Cowan next season anyhow wherever we get one from. What was Crawley doing with that cross near the end? Fired it across far too hard and Biansumba had no chance of getting anything on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    McGee would be a good signing but apparently he doesn't like us very much. Seems to like scoring against us though the little fooker. We'll need a proper replacement for Cowan next season anyhow wherever we get one from. What was Crawley doing with that cross near the end? Fired it across far too hard and Biansumba had no chance of getting anything on it.
    ye but we use to think Aussie hated us too now he blows kisses to the crowd lol and ye the cross needed pass but had jean headed that he would be dead now

Just on the man of the match I thought Deans was fantastic he won every header in both boxes and I was delighted to see him back to his best and with the armband on because I was starting to think his legs were going a bit but no sign him up for another campaign.....next season can be our year! Come on de town!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,082 Posts
    McGee is from Athlone though isn't he? More likely to stay with them for an easier life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    McGee is from Athlone though isn't he? More likely to stay with them for an easier life.
    pretty sure hes said he would never ever sign for us a few years ago

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    it was a very disappointin end to the season at home. I thought we were good in the first half and non existent in the second. Dont forget that is Salthills second ever draw against us after the 2-2 draw last season when jason oladele got two goals... I dont think we will get anything from next week in turners cross..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    it was a very disappointin end to the season at home. I thought we were good in the first half and non existent in the second. Dont forget that is Salthills second ever draw against us after the 2-2 draw last season when jason oladele got two goals... I dont think we will get anything from next week in turners cross..
    i hope you are right!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    i hope you are right!
    Quiet you! Let us win so you can have another year of coming up to longford and attempting to seduce our women folk :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    I thought it was against Wexford Jayo got the double?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    Quiet you! Let us win so you can have another year of coming up to longford and attempting to seduce our women folk :P
    how about you bring your womenfolk down to Cork next Friday!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    We have flip all supporters as it is never mind women folk

Seriously tho Friday should be some night for the Town lads it will be like a Cup final with nothing to lose for us and everything for your boys to lose. The atmosphere will be absolutely electric and it will be a great test and experience for our boys. While the Salthill result is not the best preparation for such a test it might act as a kick up the ar"e for our boys because they hate losing or not winning games they should ie. Salthill so the likes of Salmo, Deans and Aussie will be really up for this. While I would love to see you go up we arent going to roll over for anyone so CMON DE TOWN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    ah he knows who I'm talking about!

weather is supposed to be very poor Friday night which might ruin the crowd numbers and take away from the atmosphere. I would have hoped for a crowd of 2,500 or more if the weather held up with us having a shot at the league.

we only need to win of our final two games to guarantee top 3, but if we win both we will win the league if Mons slip up once

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    ah he knows who I'm talking about!

weather is supposed to be very poor Friday night which might ruin the crowd numbers and take away from the atmosphere. I would have hoped for a crowd of 2,500 or more if the weather held up with us having a shot at the league.

we only need to win of our final two games to guarantee top 3, but if we win both we will win the league if Mons slip up once
    hope it ****es rain and snow so help us dampen your spirits a bit cmon de town

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast