Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Trapattoni - who would you replace him with?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Don't think its been mentioned here yet but Harry Redknapp was named as a willing runner in the Indo. Thanks but no thanks on that one.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    The EPL is a declining league becoming increasingly irrelevant on the world stage, I'd weep for our future if our next manager was from that leagues background, but then things look grim regardless looking at our player pool. Very hard to look at the future with any optimism, I think right now we're looking at the dying embers of a successful era of 24 years for Ireland, we're starring into oblivion right now.

3. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    Don't think its been mentioned here yet but Harry Redknapp was named as a willing runner in the Indo. Thanks but no thanks on that one.
    Why? Stereotypical ignorant-sounding English geeza maybe, but a good manager by and large.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Why? Stereotypical ignorant-sounding English geeza maybe, but a good manager by and large.
    I don't like his reputation for shady dealings (to put it in a light, non-litigious way). To be upfront, it has nothing to do with his managerial ability - he has a good record. I would just prefer he wasn't in charge of my national team.

Besides best case scenario with Redknapp is he does well but leaves us in the lurch as soon as a decent sized club comes calling. He wouldn't be a long-term solution and I don't think he'd be committed to really bringing on and and encouraging emerging Irish talent.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

7. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,272 Posts
    Fairy nuff I suppose.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,714 Posts
    I don't like his reputation for shady dealings (to put it in a light, non-litigious way). To be upfront, it has nothing to do with his managerial ability - he has a good record. I would just prefer he wasn't in charge of my national team.

Besides best case scenario with Redknapp is he does well but leaves us in the lurch as soon as a decent sized club comes calling. He wouldn't be a long-term solution and I don't think he'd be committed to really bringing on and and encouraging emerging Irish talent.
    He was discussed on R5's 606 show yesterday and the view was that he does nothing on the training pitch, he's more of a dressing room motivator. We need someone with a more holistic approach than that.

I agree with your view above btw. I don't like him so I don't want him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    In an ideal world Jürgen Klopp. sigh.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,343 Posts

agreed, plus I really don't like him.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    agreed, plus I really don't like him.
    Last edited by BonnieShels; 15/10/2012 at 1:36 PM.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I know we did this before with Kerr and it failed badly but we really need to look at Noel King. All of the underage squads are playing good football with a modern formation and he would be able to bring that forward to the senior team.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,714 Posts
    I was thinking similarly on at the w/e.

My doubts would be over how the dressing room would take to a guy they don't know well, so choice of deputy would be important. No disrespect to any domestic coaches but my guess is that it'd need an ex-player with leadership quality, perhaps Carsley who has coaching credentials, to make sure the management team has the gravitas required to win the dressing room.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post

My doubts would be over how the dressing room would take to a guy they don't know well, so choice of deputy would be important. No disrespect to any domestic coaches but my guess is that it'd need an ex-player with leadership quality, perhaps Carsley who has coaching credentials, to make sure the management team has the gravitas required to win the dressing room.
    Carsley has been making all the right noises abut how the game should be played from what i've heard of him in interviews. He did cross my mind when thinking about a successer. Not sure he is such a big name so as to win they dressing room in that way. What is his contract situation with Coventry? Is he still caretaker manager?

I like the idea of promoting an underage manager to the senior team again. Also a cheap option for the rest of the campaign.

I suppose Coyle is the most likely name due to his availablity. Reputations a bit tarnished after the Bolton job but I think he could do a job for us. He would definitley try and play the passing football we are all calling for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    David O'Leary

OR

John Sheridan

OR

Graeme Souness

OR

Alex McLeish
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post

They took to Kerr alright when he took over, albeit he was more well-known and had worked with a number of the players. If he was appointed until the end of the campaign I think the squad would give him a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie View Post
    David O'Leary

OR

John Sheridan

OR

Graeme Souness

OR

Alex McLeish
    PAUL JEWELL. I DON'T CARE HOW JUST BRING HIM IN.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Philippe Troussier anyone??
    Currently managing Chinese giants Shenzhen Ruby.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    In an ideal world Jürgen Klopp. sigh.
    Speaking of Germans, what about Ralf Rangnick?
    Brought Hoffenheim from the lower leagues in Germany to the Bundesliga.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGKyne View Post
    Speaking of Germans, what about Ralf Rangnick?
    Brought Hoffenheim from the lower leagues in Germany to the Bundesliga.
    Or Felix Magath.

Why did Rangnick leave Schalke?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    571 Posts
    i think Owen Coyle did as good a job as could be expected with the players he had available at Bolton. They had a lot of injuries last season and some of the old stagers had gone past their sell by date.

I would say that in the years that he was with Burnley/Bolton he had one bad season and a bad start to this one. It probably would have been better if he had quit at the end of last season but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

His next job will be a big test and he should be careful that he takes one that gives him a realistic chance of being successful. He should not jump in somewhere that some chairman promises to spend fortunes and then when your in the job the club turns out not to have two-happennies to rub together

Until last season in my opinion Owen Coyle was one of the most promising young managers about. One bad season shouldn't undo all that promise.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Slaven Bilic could be getting the boot soon, Emeri too.

Magath is class, but he wouldn't come here as he knows what the 'tards in the meeja will do (remember he's best buddies with Kevin Keegan). We'd be blessed to get anyone with ambition and quality. The usual names are going around and around.

Dave O'Leary - what's he ever done to gain such a high rep? Spend millions his club didn't have? Say the right things and make excuses - oh, and he's matey with media types and was a rebel under Charlton (so he gets the Dunphy vote).

John Sheridan - seriously, John Sheridan? Has anyone ever spent time with him? He was a very good player, but he's not a quality long term solution, or even short term. He's a loose cannon and won't get his own respect let alone the players - best story he told was of him in a darkened doorway with some girl, peed out of his head and being spotted by his manager telling him to go home and sobre up before the next day's game. Too many things for the meeja to kill him for, so they'd love him.

Redknapp - no, no and no again. He wouldn't take it and if he did, we might as well re-draw up the Act Of Union. Bojjox.

Roy Keane - haha, he'd be manna for the meeja, and has done nothing to get a job like this - Stan in disguise.

Graeme Souness - and who else is looking for him? Christ we're desperate, but he's meeja gold, so they'll love him.

Alex McLeish - more of Trap, a good manager, but would he even have the time to do it, and suffer the death threats?

It makes me proud to be Irish to see how many people are willing a loss to get the next sacrifice in office. We'll never get better as we'll never change, the problem is with football structures in Ireland and the flogging of young lads to England as soon as they're out of nappies, but that doesn't sell newspapers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    James ''jimmy'' hart (Hulk Hogans Manager) is more qualified to manage us then Roy Keane,
    I'd like to see owen coyle, cant see anyone currently with a club going near us!

Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast